The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggle-able skills no longer allow regen to work?

AsianLyf

4 minutes ago, sushidubya said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that toggled abilities stopped energy regen passives, etc. when activated.  I mean...  it would be hugely unbalanced if not.  Zenurik energy regen maxed could possibly generate faster toggled ability consumption with the right build.  Hmm...  Neverending exalted blade.  I'm sure it would be fun to do once in while, but would kinda ruin the game at the same time too.

Well it's not hard to get never ending Exalted blade anyway, even with regen switched off. My Excal's EB drains at less than 1 a second and recently I did a 40 min survival and never ran out of energy. 

15 minutes ago, Acebaur said:

Hardly, especially when you consider that both of those frames are most likely going to be running an ability that does turn off regen. Also neither of those abilities are game breaking, certainly not any more so than Exalted Blade or Hysteria. 

Ahh right, Prowl while Artemis-ing. I retract my statement. LET THE ENERGY FLOW!

Once I get ugly Inaros leveled up, I can't wait to jump back onto Ivara using the Zhuge (can't stand the name).

(I don't use Equinox at all.  Level, no potato and forget)

5 minutes ago, Acebaur said:

Well it's not hard to get never ending Exalted blade anyway, even with regen switched off. My Excal's EB drains at less than 1 a second and recently I did a 40 min survival and never ran out of energy. 

Yah I know...  I got a build with max health, arcane grace, rage, rejuvination, etc.  When I run out, I just run into enemy fire and get energy to use again.  XD

That's not the issue being discussed here though.  As it stands toggled abilities do indeed stop all passive energy regen from working.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Hasn't this been the case ever since Focus was introduced?

During toggles, stuff like Energy Overflow / Syphon / Vampire / Restores is generally rendered defunct.

It has been this way since I started playing at the end of October.. So more like update 17.x if not before that.

29 minutes ago, TheFatDrake said:

For toggled abilities, you want duration, not efficiency. 

You want both, actually.

Sure, Fleeting Expertise on its own doesn't really do much for toggles but if you bump that Duration back up, it's a huge difference.

175% Efficiency + 100% Duration does the trick to get minimal drain costs, or e.g. 190% + 40% if Duration isn't a concern.

If you can take the Range hit, Streamline + Narrow Minded etc can also get you there (though activation costs will still be high).

1 hour ago, Lanieu said:

I think there have been some inconsistencies.  I know Artemis Bow which is technically a toggled ability (last I used it) gains energy. Which is arguably unbalanced.  Could have sworn there were a few others.

Well youre not wrong there, but i more consider Artemis to be a weapon that uses energy as ammo, rather than an ability thats having a constant effect.

3 hours ago, Lanieu said:

As long as its consistent, I don't really care either way...sometimes in the past I've noticed some abilities still count up, some not.  For balance sake, the ability shouldn't be able to be eternal....

why not?

also seeing as quite a few frames use toggled abilities regularily, and for a majority of the ingame time, too, whats the point of regen / zenurik existing for those frames if they cannot benefit from it in the slightest for the vast majority of the time

8 minutes ago, SYL3NZR said:

why not?

also seeing as quite a few frames use toggled abilities regularily, and for a majority of the ingame time, too, whats the point of regen / zenurik existing for those frames if they cannot benefit from it in the slightest for the vast majority of the time

I use Zenurik and when I use Ivara, I feel real cheeseball having infinite energy while in Artemis Bow form.  I mean, it's great, but still feels a bit OP.

...which means its only a matter of time until 3 Energy/sec gets nerfed (I only have mine at 2/sec since I don't Focus Farm since Convergence killed it for me).

1 minute ago, Lanieu said:

I use Zenurik and when I use Ivara, I feel real cheeseball having infinite energy while in Artemis Bow form.  I mean, it's great, but still feels a bit OP.

...which means its only a matter of time until 3 Energy/sec gets nerfed (I only have mine at 2/sec since I don't Focus Farm since Convergence killed it for me).

thanks for avoiding the question 

i dont feel its OP at all to have "infinite ammo" with her bow, that thing really isnt mindblowingly good and only offers an alternative playstyle to your current weapon rather than a straight upgrade like EB, also you cant melee in it 

doesnt change the fact that toggled abilities dont get any energy regen, even at a reduced rate (read= reduced but still usefu able to counter keep useage at 0) and now with the latest change that made energy drain eximus drain your energy while toggling (while before this was a legitemate tradeoff for having no regen) its about time regen works again

i could possibly agree with a LITTLE nerf to the energy regen from Zenurik IF toggled abilities get a small benefit from regen

In this instance, it's definitely not the case - I purposely swapped over to Zenurik for this passive and as stated, it's never worked with draining abilities.

However, there seems to be a lot of stealth changes, so I don't blame the paranoia. For example, Rhino Prime suddenly had ~100 more starting energy (maybe more frames did? I haven't noticed) but this reverted very recently, like within a few days.

Edited by Smilomaniac

52 minutes ago, SYL3NZR said:

thanks for avoiding the question 

i dont feel its OP at all to have "infinite ammo" with her bow, that thing really isnt mindblowingly good and only offers an alternative playstyle to your current weapon rather than a straight upgrade like EB, also you cant melee in it 

doesnt change the fact that toggled abilities dont get any energy regen, even at a reduced rate (read= reduced but still usefu able to counter keep useage at 0) and now with the latest change that made energy drain eximus drain your energy while toggling (while before this was a legitemate tradeoff for having no regen) its about time regen works again

i could possibly agree with a LITTLE nerf to the energy regen from Zenurik IF toggled abilities get a small benefit from regen

I'll just assume your tone isn't pi$$y for civility's sake - sometimes hard to guess via text.

I answered it by saying: have abilities being eternally/infinitely toggled is cheeseball (in my opinion).

Edited by Lanieu

4 hours ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

A short while after 18.6 I noticed that my Ember and Valkyr no longer got the energy regen that came from the focus tree. I'm not sure if I'm just tripping or doing something wrong, or it was intended. 

Been like this for a long time now. I think the bigger issue is that if a mob has an energy drain of 1 energy per second, and you have an energy regen of 8 energy per second, you lose 1 energy per second. Warframe Magic Math.