The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP competitive PvP. Dark Sectors will no longer have PvP according to dev stream 71.

-InV-igo95862

Players are stopping playing Warframe.  Most of my clan doesn't even play.  I have met many people in the forums who only login to increase the daily login counter.

If there is some endgame that I am missing, I'd be happy to see Warframe continue to keep the players at the end of their Warframe career.

One cannot say that there has not been a sharp decline in the number of players participating in Warframe.  Especially without empirical evidence which we are not likely to see.  

I base it on the number of 'open squads' that I see in different sectors.  The numbers of clan members who are online or even play Warframe anymore. That has sharply declined and one cannot dispute that fact.  When one joins squads there are far fewer players with a MR over 10.  I am well aware that MR means little other than time spent playing the game and acquiring items needed to attain mastery ranks.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

5 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

Dark sectors were bad as hell. You can sugar coat it all you want, but that isn't going to change anything.

False. Thats is a matter of opinion. They were glorious on console.

no, people hated far sectors because of taxes set to 100 every time. Or if they weren't set to that it was 50 or above. You're just trying to sugar coat things to make your alliance look good. That system was being abused by clans all the time. Not to mention that smaller clans were left out of the picture.

False. Arbiters Rage- http://deathsnacks.com/wf/clan_bl_history.html#54ba888c5e9051af3daa1900

Art of War- http://deathsnacks.com/wf/clan_bl_history.html#54a9aca35e9051a29556b442

The Order- http://deathsnacks.com/wf/clan_bl_history.html#5406665f5e90515509e8659e

Imperial Tenno- http://deathsnacks.com/wf/clan_bl_history.html#546ab157dfa8636460cbe876

Never more than 40% combined taxes. Though, Im assuming you wont actually visit the links.

Yeah, you and your friends have been doing that this whole thread. Do I have to break it all down for you?

Im not their friend. Im actually blacklisted from his alliance.

No, dark sectors were very bad for warframe. Taxes are only a small portion. Good riddance.

Deal with it.

its obvious to me that you had a big alliance that babied you the entire time. Of course you don't see the issues that were ruining Warframe.

False. We were never "babied". We fought with 0 Battlepay because we were disbanded by haters, but we didnt give up. We turned absolute defeat into total victory.

Let me break it all down for you. 

Dark Sector flaws:

Hackers

Big alliances were the only ones able to play, everybody else got shoved out.

High taxes

Pvp actions affected pve, Dark Sectors were avoided like the plague 

1. Didnt happen on console.

2. Multiple occasions where ghost or shadow clans could take nodes from big alliances. See Raindogs or End Game

3. Never above 40%. Which was the tax we blew up the order over I think. Which wasnt even that high.

4. Oh boohoo. You cant play 1 node for 12 hours. There 250+ other nodes in the game, there are plenty more to choose from.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Discord

Part 2 because Im on mobile.

5 hours ago, Nariala said:

the TL;DR of this thread is generally that console players had a different experience and wish for the mode back.

PC players had a different, more manipulated and unpleasant experience as a whole and do not wish to see its original iteration back.

Throw in some heavy confirmation bias, needless hyperbole, and anecdotal evidence being cited as fact, and you have this argument. 

Its extremely easy for arguments to start, especially when its from two groups who have not really experienced each others side of the argument. 

PC players couldnt handle it so they took it away from all platforms. Which was very ridiculous.

large alliances were the only ones able to actually get and hold rails. That is a huge problem across all platforms. The few ruling the many is not fun or wanted. Then there is the fact that pvp should not affect pve ever. That is not a good thing.

See Raindogs, Lock n Load, End Game, and Hidden Shadow Village

6 hours ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

Yes, I'm sure he makes it better. Because I'm sure the ONE SINGLE time you could actually play you got DDOS attacked. Because there was no other time EVER for you guys to play in the entirety of the pvp rails existence. lolol. That sounds very belieavable.

Based af tbqh family.

5 hours ago, chaotea said:

They said it wouldnt be PvP, but would be competitive PvE.

Previous dark sector 'competitiveness' became pointless, and many clans just stopped contributing to it. So realy its no loss. I dont like conclave, but even i'll admit its vastly better than the previous dark sector application.

We would be deeply saddened if that happened. Some people in CFE and AR might commit Honor Suicides.

(Its a joke guys. But seriously though, Id probably be depressed.)

5 hours ago, rockscl said:

i said somewhere in this post that i was expecting DS to return, but i still would like if you took some steps and google for what happened in pc, because sooner or later those same dirty practices would reach your cluster, this is not tied to the heated discussion you are having with eminem

Those practices did come to console. And then we beat the ever loving crap out of them because they dared to point their gammacor at Emperor JOEBLOW3800.

So much salt here..... Right, there were 100% taxes on ps4 but the community ousted those alliances. There were instances of glitched credits, but never any ddos attacks or anything like that. There was also a lot of behind the scenes politics going on, trash talk, spying all that stuff. Yes, the PvP had flaws, as with all pvp games or modes, but it was still fun. 

35 minutes ago, (PS4)sdaly96 said:

So much salt here..... Right, there were 100% taxes on ps4 but the community ousted those alliances. There were instances of glitched credits, but never any ddos attacks or anything like that. There was also a lot of behind the scenes politics going on, trash talk, spying all that stuff. Yes, the PvP had flaws, as with all pvp games or modes, but it was still fun. 

You're my hero

9 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

Part 2 because Im on mobile.

PC players couldnt handle it so they took it away from all platforms. Which was very ridiculous.

See Raindogs, Lock n Load, End Game, and Hidden Shadow Village

Based af tbqh family.

We would be deeply saddened if that happened. Some people in CFE and AR might commit Honor Suicides.

(Its a joke guys. But seriously though, Id probably be depressed.)

Those practices did come to console. And then we beat the ever loving crap out of them because they dared to point their gammacor at Emperor JOEBLOW3800.

Are you actually going to say something to defend DS or are you just here to talk BS? PC players were not the only people that hated DS. Ik you're busy trying to defend the major flaws of DS like it was the holy grail. It was a flawed system. And btw, my opinions are not 'false' just because you disagree. That I a very childish notion. I love how you try to defend DS affecting pve and saying get over it. That is a pathetic argument. Why should i be forced out of DS nodes because of greedy alliances? That is not okay. Pvp and pve need to stay seperated in WF. I dont care how other games do it. You simply cannot copy what other games do and csll it good. It needs to work for WF.

Edited by Eminem2420

6 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

Are you actually going to say something to defend DS or are you just here to talk BS? PC players were not the only people that hated DS. Ik you're busy trying to defend the major flaws of DS like it was the holy grail. It was a flawed system. And btw, my opinions are not 'false' just because you disagree. That I a very childish notion. I love how you try to defend DS affecting pve and saying get over it. That is a pathetic argument. Why should i be forced out of DS nodes because of greedy alliances? That is not okay. Pvp and pve need to stay seperated in WF. I dont care how other games do it. You simply cannot copy what other games do and csll it good. It needs to work for WF.

To be fair, there is no perfect answer.  Someone is going to be pissed regardless. Warframe attracted me to the pvp side of the game because of the idea of a massive clan/alliance battle. 

Dark sectors gave us something no other game offers up until this year. A singular massive combat objective. Call of duty, destiny, battlefield started to but not to this extreme. Games only this year began massive objectives and even now they cant touch the intensity of dark sectors. 

Nobody on this thread feels rails were perfect; they did have issues, but thats not what we are debating. We are debating and fighting to keep the competitive side of warframe where we have trained and worked extremely hard to be as good as we are. I can speak for many members of Art of War and Arbiters Rage in saying we have worked our asses off attempting to become the best. So if they remove competitive pvp then whats the point of all our work? 

Myself, ive personally mastered an extremely difficult weapon to use in conclave. Phasedragon even streamed with it and said its absolutely terrible to use and i make it work. Others have done the same and then some. 

Im not here to listen to people measure their manhood, cpu, video card, networks etc im here because most of us are competitive.

The problem with this game is DE is starting to cater to the cry babies of this game rather than consult those of us on PC, PS, AND XB1 who take time to break down the loadouts completely and figure out what is op and what is broken, we have been playing this gsme the longest many of us.(experts) I started on pc in warframes early days before even the dojo was even brought in. We had literally the same tileset, same vent being kicked out every mission. Im sure many of you can relate to the lack of content at first. This game has come a very long way, lets not screw it up now listening to unexperienced people complain about getting beat in conclave, the rng, how they are entitled to things, (they're not) and how they feel the game should be. 

Warframe pvp is unlike any other pvp. You cant just walk in and be instantly good. You can be reasonably decent but you are not beating the best if u are just starting.

One problem is someone starts crying about a weapon being op because they get murdered. They dont first pause and go test it, they rage and walk away to the forums and complain to get it nerfed. The vectis has gone through that cycle a ton of times. 

Another perfect example, the talons. The talons were a 3-4 hit kill. You could rig doors, walls, floors, stairs to explode. I believe the timer was 7 seconds if i remember. Now if ur behind even an ounce of cover your 100% safe, it takes 7 to kill. (Of a clip of 5) People cried because they didnt like how they would recklessly run through a door and be killed so they came here, cried and got the explosive weapons nerfed. 

They may have upped the damage numbers but they removed the headshot, added a 40% resistance mod, and made it so any amount of cover protects you. 

None of this is being laid on anyone here but thats the problems we face. People want the pvp to be like halo. Where everything is so cookie cutter and everyone is already given the best in the game and only have to shoot things to get all the weapons. No team work, no stress, no grinding, no hard work. Just here you go.  Thats what ruined destiny. People would cry about the rng being so bad and so bungie would send xur to make their tears go away. 

A PROPOSAL FOR DE

Consult the top players and clans in your own game and ask questions of the top players about what is broke, what is useless, where the dark sectors were slipping, where pve is slipping. You have all of our stats and in each of our own respective platforms we know the best tenno for each weapon, warframe, playstyle, mode, node, and mission. Ask us! We want this game to be as awesome as you do. We are invested. 

Voting can be used for new thing. Dont use it for the removal of an entire section of your game use it for choices of holiday events, scheduled events, how people think something should look. Actually stats of the game? Ask the experts. This forum is full of them. Playstation, Xbox, and PC.

Most of warframe is PVE. I think we can all agree with that. All we are ever asking is let us have our little island where we, who train every day in conclave, can go head to head with the best in the game.

We dont need pve introduced thats what the raids are for and the scheduled events are for. The solar rails are the raids of pvp.

END OF PROPOSAL

Concerning clans not being able to really compete in solar rails and hold nodes.

Small clans are farm clans, support clans, and clans who 9 times out of 10 have no idea why they are even a clan. They have no goals, no idea how to train their members, and honestly will go inactive in 3 months. Thats not who i want involved in solar rails because that isnt competive. Thats not all small clans. CFE was small but did a tremendous amount of damage. Other clans are the same but small, tough clans are very few and very far in between.

DAMAGE IF YOU REMOVE PVP

If you remove competitive pvp from warframe or the dark sectors you will lose easily over 7000 tenno. Since the time i was on pc until now on xbox 1, ive spent (estimated) over $500 on this game. Others have spent more, so lets do the math.

Lets say all for the sake of this conversation 7000 tenno spend $300 on platinum and will spend $300 more in the next few weeks. 

7000×300=2,100,000 

That is a random number but the results are still remaining the same. You will lose a massive amount of money. DE created warframe to be fun and to make money. Take competitive pvp away you will lose a TON of money. 

To sum everything up,

Keep solar rails strictly pvp oriented since they are essentially the raid of pvp.

For buffs and nerfs, DE needs to ask us, the players/experts and not listen to the multitude of cry babies. 

I think i hit the core of the argument. 

Edited by (XB1)CFE Vendetta

6 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

1.Are you actually going to say something to defend DS or are you just here to talk BS?

2.PC players were not the only people that hated DS.

3.Ik you're busy trying to defend the major flaws of DS like it was the holy grail. It was a flawed system.

4.And btw, my opinions are not 'false' just because you disagree. That I a very childish notion.

5.I love how you try to defend DS affecting pve and saying get over it. That is a pathetic argument. Why should i be forced out of DS nodes because of greedy alliances?

6.That is not okay. Pvp and pve need to stay seperated in WF. I dont care how other games do it. You simply cannot copy what other games do and csll it good. It needs to work for WF.

Ive split up your post into 6 parts for clarity`s sake

1. uh. Ive been defending the Rails here for a while now. I dont know what you mean by talking BS.

2.True. But it was because of your platform that rails got taken out and where the Vast majority of the hate comes from.

3. The only flaw was that the most active platform on warframe couldnt put up 750 wins. I used to put in 75 wins by myself running solo easily, as a MR 6 Mag with no serration or corrupted mods. It should be beyond easy for PC players to do this.

4. Its not an opinion if you state it as fact. And I believe I refuted your " opinion " quite well.

22 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

no, people hated far sectors because of taxes set to 100 every time. Or if they weren't set to that it was 50 or above. You're just trying to sugar coat things to make your alliance look good. That system was being abused by clans all the time. Not to mention that smaller clans were left out of the picture.

False. Arbiters Rage- http://deathsnacks.com/wf/clan_bl_history.html#54ba888c5e9051af3daa1900

Art of War- http://deathsnacks.com/wf/clan_bl_history.html#54a9aca35e9051a29556b442

The Order- http://deathsnacks.com/wf/clan_bl_history.html#5406665f5e90515509e8659e

Imperial Tenno- http://deathsnacks.com/wf/clan_bl_history.html#546ab157dfa8636460cbe876

Never more than 40% combined taxes. Though, Im assuming you wont actually visit the links.

>People set taxes to 100 every time

>These alliances owned 23 of the 26 rails

>These Alliances never came close to 50%.

Nobody on console would dare set it to 100%. Theyd get rekt within the day. Also, you still havent even bothered to view the links. Ive at least viewed rockscl`s link for the steam activity charts but they dont use console activity sadly.

5. You talk about PvP affecting PvE but you neglect to mention we are forced to do PvE if we want to get weapons for conclave without spending platinum. And what do you mean forced out by greedy alliances ? You could still use a node with 100% taxes. Unless the only reason you even play on the node is because you want credits. Which is pretty self serving to be honest fam.

6. You get ONE 12 hour conflict once a week where you cant play the node. WOW. Its even less than 12 hours once you consider that we on Xbox One hold the WORLD RECORD FASTEST RAIL CONQUER EVER WOOOOO!

PS. What do you mean by other game ? I would like to know the names of those so I can play something good while I wait for DE to bring back the rails.

7 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

Actually to be honest rails was a pvp and pve base so what u mean separate pvp from pve 

Edited by (XB1)CFE CALiPRIME

9 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

Those DS nodes only existed as they where in the first place because of Alliances. The higher credit payout/The higher Xp/The higher resource drop rates where placed on these nodes not to provide the community with the most lucrative farming options but as a carrot to be dangled in front of alliances nose's as well as the ordinary players to create an area of contention within the game. To DE's credit this part of dark sectors worked as intended to this day as evidenced by this post and the amount of contention present on both sides.

Edited by -InV-Skitz0

22 hours ago, rockscl said:

gammacor, such a dirty political tactic

p_UVhcI.png

may i ask, when you say we, who are you referring to, are you speaking in name of your clan?

When I say we, I am referring to me, myself, and I. Its not that the gammacor was a " dirty political tactic " (how could gammacor even be used in politics lol ?) but someone disrespected Joe. Thats a major point of contention. Hek, its the reason for a good 4-6 of CFE`s tribute to the hater vids. The point I was trying to make was, messing with Joe and SS/AR in general is a good way to get rekt.

13 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

97% of your nav is PvE. Why is it so hard to allow people to play a game type they loved? If you didn't love it, don't play it?

You have 97% left to play if you dislike it.

YOUR arguement are invalid and seem to be based in rumor rather than fact. If we can stop replying to some dude with M&M in his name, (btw you can have spaces in your gt, so no need for numbers unless you're lazy) 

But if you want to talk PC taxes. Allow me to educate you. The ICE alliance on PC only set 100% taxes in the past days of rails to inspire opposition to attack them. They are not even that large of an alliance, so your 'super-alliance' theory just went out the window.

The problem with PC is with that large of a community it would be hard to organize effective attacks based in your population alone. Also there were a lack luster of rails due to bugs in the system, but as we can see with the constant nerfs to CC, that any system has its flaws but with the proper attention, each can be addressed fairly simply.

If any Devs have enough backbone to set the records straight on the 'exploits' I'd appreciate it, but in case they fail to reply, allow me. 99% of the so-called exploits were actually bugs. 

So there ?

10 minutes ago, (PS4)sdaly96 said:

Someone who has played on all 3 platforms should give his or her input here.

I don't really think it's in question that the XBox rails had the most competition. They have plenty of proof of that. However, it doesn't mean that rails weren't extremely unbalanced on every platform, completely unrelated to what the competition actually looked like. The only reason there wasn't that much on PC was because all the veterans took a small look at it, saw how imbalanced it was, and then went back to conclave.

Edited by Phasedragon

1 hour ago, (PS4)sdaly96 said:

What you are literally asking for is someone who has 3 accounts across all platforms during the darksector participation and played it enough to get an accurate gauge of the balance.

There are some pretty diehard warframe fans, but I doubt that there is even more than one person that meets that criteria. And that person is probably a robot. 

6 minutes ago, Azarakidragon said:

What are dark sectors?

The word you are looking for is Solar Rails. They were a Balanced (Differing Opinions here) Fun ( Vastly different opinions here ) great way for alliances to competitively fight each other for territory and bragging rights. On PC it devolved into muh 99% taxes or muh alliances are big ol meanie heads, but on consoles they were wonderful balanced features of the game that were unfairly removed because of the problems of a single platform. Basically there were two teams of four. One team was offense whose objectives were to destroy the solar rail core. The other teams objectives were to stop them. You would spawn in at level 0 each match and would kill specters to level up and your mods would then auto install to whatever you had on your loadout. Auras, Sentinels, and kubrows did not work on solar rails.

When an alliance owned a rail through the victory of a conflict, they could collect taxes on both credits and resources. This pissed a great many people off. Even with a forced 0% tax being placed by DE, we still have people complaining about taxes

5 hours ago, (XB1)CFE GizzyMcFish said:

97% of your nav is PvE. Why is it so hard to allow people to play a game type they loved? If you didn't love it, don't play it?

You have 97% left to play if you dislike it.

YOUR arguement are invalid and seem to be based in rumor rather than fact. If we can stop replying to some dude with M&M in his name, (btw you can have spaces in your gt, so no need for numbers unless you're lazy) 

But if you want to talk PC taxes. Allow me to educate you. The ICE alliance on PC only set 100% taxes in the past days of rails to inspire opposition to attack them. They are not even that large of an alliance, so your 'super-alliance' theory just went out the window.

The problem with PC is with that large of a community it would be hard to organize effective attacks based in your population alone. Also there were a lack luster of rails due to bugs in the system, but as we can see with the constant nerfs to CC, that any system has its flaws but with the proper attention, each can be addressed fairly simply.

If any Devs have enough backbone to set the records straight on the 'exploits' I'd appreciate it, but in case they fail to reply, allow me. 99% of the so-called exploits were actually bugs. 

So there ?

First of all, my name is none of your business. Secondly, throw those pathetic insults out the window because they won't get you far. You don't need to "educate" me because I was there. Ice was a big alliance that is not disputable. Ik you want it to be that they were small to try to argue that small clans were completely shoved out of the window. Well guess what, one exception from that doesn't mean anything and doesn't dispute it either.

14 minutes ago, Eminem2420 said:

First of all, my name is none of your business. Secondly, throw those pathetic insults out the window because they won't get you far. You don't need to "educate" me because I was there. Ice was a big alliance that is not disputable. Ik you want it to be that they were small to try to argue that small clans were completely shoved out of the window. Well guess what, one exception from that doesn't mean anything and doesn't dispute it either.

Actually, its a couple of exceptions. From the top of my head, Raindogs - Hidden Shadow Village - Lock n Load - End Game - Reapers of Death. Those are just the ones on Xbox. Those dont count the PS4 clans like Destroy All Monsters, who own rails.

1 hour ago, Eminem2420 said:

Ice was a big alliance that is not disputable.

Actually this all depends on your definition on big. If you where referring to the presence of Ice in the solar system I suppose that you would be correct and we where incredibly huge. However if you where referring to size as in number of members then big is incorrect. When Ice took Sechura for the first time we had around 1200 cap only. It wasn't to near the end if the armistice that Ice filled up past half capacity.

Edited by -InV-Skitz0
added .

6 hours ago, (PS4)sdaly96 said:

I did warframe on pc before i did xbox. I cant speak for dark sectors because they were not available when i was on pc. The bugs are for real though in the early versions of the game. Good lord they were bad. I got stuck in so many walls. Enemies wouldnt spawn you name it  the comments from cfe above about the bugs is extremely plausible for dark sectors. Most of the extortion was most likely bugs. 

9 hours ago, Nariala said:

What you are literally asking for is someone who has 3 accounts across all platforms during the darksector participation and played it enough to get an accurate gauge of the balance.

There are some pretty diehard warframe fans, but I doubt that there is even more than one person that meets that criteria. And that person is probably a robot. 

Its the only way i can see this argument being settled