Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP competitive PvP. Dark Sectors will no longer have PvP according to dev stream 71.

-InV-igo95862

In dev stream 71 it was just confirmed that new Dark Sectors won't have any PvP included in them.

That means there is no more purpose to PvP. No more clan, alliance competition.

Competitive side is what could have made PvP a large part of the game. Now its just a small grindy mini game. Grind your daily challenges and get out. No reason to play it to improve your skills as there is no competition involved.

Dark Sectors was the part I was most looking for in Conclave 2.0 I played Conclave to be prepared for them, I practiced my skills to be rewarded in Dark Sector conflicts but now its all meaningless...

Edited by igo95862-LookingForClan-

They already talked about this in Devstream 69. Don't think it's any more confirmed than it was then. Also Rebecca seemed a bit unsure about it.

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-69-overview

"Dark Sector Returns

It's still too early to talk about, but our Dark Sectors it will be making a return with some major changes. This new Dark Sector will encourage co-operation and competition between Clans in a way that all players can participate. Expect more information as we get closer to a Dark Sector re-release in the future."

Edited by AXCrusnik

6 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

They already talked about this in Devstream 69. Don't think it's any more confirmed than it was then. Also Rebecca seemed a bit unsure about it.

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-69-overview

"Dark Sector Returns

It's still too early to talk about, but our Dark Sectors it will be making a return with some major changes. This new Dark Sector will encourage co-operation and competition between Clans in a way that all players can participate. Expect more information as we get closer to a Dark Sector re-release in the future."

It did not say anything about being PvP or PvE or both. The new devstream has confirmed that there won't be any PvP.

1 minute ago, igo95862-LookingForClan- said:

It did not say anything about being PvP or PvE or both. The new devstream has confirmed that there won't be any PvP.

I guess it was just me. I got the feel that it's emphasis was changing from PvP to PvE from "less competetive, more cooperative"

Dark sectors as originally implemented was never the proper way to do pvp. The smashing together of pve speedrun/draco mentality, pvp gameplay, and often ludicrous clan reward offerings never made for a truly good experience.

The current pvp targets a subsection of the larger warframe community. In other words, it's finding its demographic niche rather than trying to appeal to the entire warframe playerbase. This is a good thing. Pvp2.0 never tried to appeal to the same demographic of dark sectors (everyone). This seems like a business practice based on market assessment and new strategic planning.

Pvp will probably integrate with the larger warframe game in a different way in the future.

Edited by Pythadragon

25 minutes ago, Lordricker said:

So the only reason you play the pvp we have now is to be good when dark sectors come back? I personally like the pvp, i wasnt even around for the original dark sectors

That was the motivation for most of the PVP in Warframe. The assumption was, once Conclave was at its apex in balance, that the Dark Sectors Armistice would be lifted. Now that PVP will not play into any element in DS, a lot of folks will feel like they wasted their time in honing their skills here. I would like PVP to be an option in Dark Sector Conflict while other operatives(PVE participants) fill in other roles of Sabotage, however, DE wants inclusivity in Dark Sectors 2.0 than cater the mode to a niche group. I do feel less motivated to play PVP, to a certain degree. I still dream to get Vengeful Revenant.

Sorry, but no......dark sectors were awful. However, they do have the potential, with PVP 2.0 mechanics, to be fantastic. The gamemode itself was a great idea; the issue was the balance, which has now been addressed. I am disappointed with removing PVP from dark sectors, but don't over dramatize this.

Edited by [DE]Danielle

I had been too early to be in Solar Rail conflicts, but I wanted to be in it. If I could, I would. Please, let there be PvP in Dark Sectors. Newer players hear of it, and want to play it. However, it doesn't exist anymore. Please, bring it back. All of us at my clan want it. 

Oh..I played a few matches of Dark Sector PVP, brother. Some of it was cheesed, but some matches where everyone played with the intent of completing objectives, it was a full-scale war. The only problem was the balance, in which Conclave 2.0 was the response. It was Warzone in Halo 5 before Halo 5, hence why I enjoyed playing that mode. That mode in Warframe had potential. I would hate to see it scrapped.

There's a reason why Warframe was suddenly dropped when Solar Rails were taken down. I think most players want to have it, as they hear of the "Glory days". Please, bring them back. All of the newer players want it, if not a major percentage.

This is bs all the time waiting for dark sectors to return and now you go and crush the hopes of erveryone waiting for some major pvp fun. The sad part is that you don't realize just how much more of the community we will loose now do to your unthought out process on how to approach and reintroduce dark sectors back into the game. personally I was looking forward to more than just pve but now will have no choice in what I and many others want to do in the game. It is a shame to see the people we will lose due to a non pvp aspect in dark sectors now.

1 minute ago, -cS-Nocturnex said:

Oh..I played a few matches of Dark Sector PVP, brother. Some of it was cheesed, but some matches where everyone played with the intent of completing objectives, it was a full-scale war. The only problem was the balance, in which Conclave 2.0 was the response. It was Warzone in Halo 5 before Halo 5, hence why I enjoyed playing that mode. That mode in Warframe had potential. I would hate to see it scrapped.

Ok guys... I get you, but think about this... Think about conclave, everyone thinks that aklato's are bad compared to dex furis right? So howcome that aklato weapon (even a really low lvl guy can get it) dominates dex furis??? I mean you call that balance? pff... The "balance" you talk about is about skill and tactics and preparation. It was nothing to do with balance, it was all about how you build your weapons (elementals, weapon types, melee types).

So it was all about experience, not balance...

14 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

People have invested a lot of time, money, and emotions into Dark Sector Conflicts. They are what got me into playing Warframe to begin with. If they take away the PvP option of it I know a good many people on xbone would just outright un-install warframe.

Dark Sectors have been gone for a long time now. If people plated Warframe only for them then they are long gone from the community. Dark Sectors were broken and a mess to begin with and I didn't pay it any attention when Dark Sectors were removed. 

1 minute ago, DarkPhoenix1175 said:

This is bs all the time waiting for dark sectors to return and now you go and crush the hopes of erveryone waiting for some major pvp fun. The sad part is that you don't realize just how much more of the community we will loose now do to your unthought out process on how to approach and reintroduce dark sectors back into the game. personally I was looking forward to more than just pve but now will have no choice in what I and many others want to do in the game. It is a shame to see the people we will lose due to a non pvp aspect in dark sectors now.

I agree Phoenix. A large part of the community want to play Dark Sectors. Take that hope away, you lose a major part of the community. Entire clans will go, and alliances will die in the blink of an eye. 

Just now, Plushy said:

Dark Sectors have been gone for a long time now. If people plated Warframe only for them then they are long gone from the community. Dark Sectors were broken and a mess to begin with and I didn't pay it any attention when Dark Sectors were removed. 

They continued to play warframe because they thought that the Rails would come back in all of their former glory. It definitely affected the number of active players on the xbone. We dropped from 150k active weekly to just under 75k active weekly until september when u17 dropped. Now that they wont have PvP, they will probably leave. Ill stay because I trust DE will rectify the mistake.

I don't create post/comment often. However when I saw this post all my hope on warframe was gone. No PVP Dark Sector in the future?? That was the greatest game mode I ever played.  Many friends of mine are already quit warframe long time ago because there is no Dark Sector, but me, still had the hope that it will come back soon or later. If you like to play conclave, Dark Sector was way better and more fun, Clan vs Clan, Alliance vs Alliance. I don't care how many times DE change their conclave, it will never better than Dark Sector. If you say that Dark Sector is not balance, well....how about conclave?? Dark Sector required more skills and teamwork.

I don't care how many people disagree with me.  Dark Sector the greatest game mode in the history of warframe will be always in my heart and memory.