Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uncontroversial And Important Changes That Are Simple To Implement

Fifield

It seems DE has some prolific programmers that could knock all of these out in an hour each.

1. Buff credits and other drops from containers in T2 -> T4.  T4 should be at least 3x as good.

2. If keyholder drops carrier, do not end mission.  It's not our fault.

3. Record shorter messages for bosses eg Vor.  Play the original 3x, then only once every 10x.  Play short message the rest of the time.

4. Add affinity share notification eg Teammate names turn orange when out of XP range.

5. Restore being able to invite to group without having a mission selected.  Likewise restore solo mission lock ie select mission, see mission type, enemy type and then go equip your frame/weapons etc.

6. Control modules are not a rare resource.  Please make them orange not green.

7. Allow us to name our builds/mod configurations (ie not Config A) and duplicate them rather than having to find ~8 mods from scratch.

8. Now implemented! When trading let us type in the amount.  Selecting most numbers above 50 is really awkward.

9. Buff base weapon switching speed and make Speed Holster an Eximus Mod.

10. Halve Sortie excavation cryotic requirement to 500 or 600.

(Continuation of archived thread, a third of which was implemented).

Edited by Fifield
#8 implemented!

I would also like to add something else. The weapons that we've already maxed out, it would be cool if they could have some kind of green check mark or symbol at the bottom showing we've already maxed it once before. It's something small, but it really would help out a lot when it comes to leveling up our MR. I know we can already check in the menu, but it's not convenient at all, and this would probably be a small thing to add. 

You have a lot of good ideas, I would personally love to see all of this implemented as well. It's just small stuff that would make the game better in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Fifield said:

Yep, I'm in the Energy Research Lab in my Dojo, looking at the Dera wondering if I've maxed that yet.

Esc key > View Profile > Equipment > Sort by Progress (or even by name, whichever.)

Not hard to tell if you've maxed it before.  This already works.

Added two more:

20 hours ago, Fifield said:

8. When trading, or fusing mods, let us type in the amount.  Selecting most numbers above 50 is really awkward.

Also, nice tip, chuckdm.

1 - as much as i understand the sentiment, u already get enough credits from the mission success, personally i think the entire cred system needs a solid/consistent re-structuring, since the awards are all over the place, but whatevs, just buffing the crates/lockers really would just make creds even more worthless than they currently are

2 - IMHO the current mechanic to use keys to access missions is lame/bad/etc, a new process of equipping keys as gear items and using them while inside a mission to access secret/hidden void spaces would be much preferred, this way would also remove a lot of the 'keyshare' nonsense and other such methods to try to game the system

3 - Vor's monologue rly doesnt bother me, to be honest, its refreshing, if only the rest of the bosses had as much to say, both in quantity and context...

4 - not a bad suggestion

5 - yes plz +1

6 - true someone screwed up years ago and now labeling CMs as green rares is silly/pointless, but IMHO the answer is not to just abandon them to be as common as nanospores, but instead they should be made truly RARE again, but similar to creds, all ingame resources need a 'rebalance' of their drop rates and available methods of obtaining them

7 - +1 

8 - when fusing u can type in the #, but in trading u can only trade 1 at a time, ie 5 individual rfc's instead of 1 stack of 5 cores then 4 other items, but im sort of ok with not being able to trade stacks, although maybe we should be able to trade upto stacks of 5-10, but a limit to prevent the largescale movement of thousands of cores around, effectively bypassing the trade limits per day, is not bad imho

9 - i do think that there are quite a few sub-par aura mods, but imho these auras should just give more capacity pts and/or get unique buffs [ala steel charge gives more pts, but its dumb that other auras give less than the median]

Mind if I make an addition? Note this is for console: When contributing resources into research, rooms, or decorations in the dojo, add a hotkey for contributing all (ie needs 300 circuits, press triangle and it puts in 300 circuits if you have them. If you dont, it adds whatever you have) Getting real tired of holding R1 for 30 seconds when making massive research contributions.

On 3/19/2016 at 10:37 PM, Fifield said:
1. Buff credits and other drops from containers in T2 -> T4.  T4 should be at least 3x as good.

3. Record shorter messages for bosses eg Vor.  Play the original 3x, then only once every 10x.  Play short message the rest of the time.

4. Add affinity share notification eg Teammate names turn orange when out of XP range.

5. Restore being able to invite to group without having a mission selected.  Likewise restore solo mission lock ie select mission, see mission type, enemy type and then go equip your frame/weapons etc.

7. Allow us to name our builds/mod configurations (ie not Config A) and duplicate them rather than having to find ~8 mods from scratch.

8. When trading, or fusing mods, let us type in the amount.  Selecting most numbers above 50 is really awkward.

#2 is potentially exploitable. You can't allow players to stay in a key-based mission if nobody is spending a key. If there was some mechanism where the next person in line could use their key instead, then fine.

#4 is unnecessary since we already have numbers for incoming affinity. If you can't see affinity numbers, then you're not getting affinity from their kills. If your intent is to notify hallway heroes that they're being bad team mates...I doubt they care.

#6 Yessssssss

#8 You....already can?

Just now, Momaw said:

#2 is potentially exploitable. You can't allow players to stay in a key-based mission if nobody is spending a key. If there was some mechanism where the next person in line could use their key instead, then fine.

Just enforce the keyholder losing their key.  That shouldn't be hard to program.

1 minute ago, Momaw said:

#4 is unnecessary since we already have numbers for incoming affinity. If you can't see affinity numbers, then you're not getting affinity from their kills. 

I can't distinguish them.  A slightly easier change would be to put affinity numbers in a different colour.

9 minutes ago, Momaw said:

#8 You....already can?

Thanks for confirming.  Didn't work when I tried it.  Will change the original post.

Yes.  It's either that or check if one of the remaining players has the same key.  And if multiple do then somehow decide which one loses it.
Both options are better than the mission suddenly ending regardless of progress (and currently without any of the drops?)

Edited by Fifield

On 3/19/2016 at 0:33 AM, chuckdm said:

Esc key > View Profile > Equipment > Sort by Progress (or even by name, whichever.)

Not hard to tell if you've maxed it before.  This already works.

He stated he was in his dojo at that time, so he'd have to:

Leave dojo

Load liset

Open menu

Select "view profile"

Go to Equipment

Sort By Progress

Exit Profile

Exit Equipment

Exit menu

Go to Navigation

Select dojo

Load dojo

Return to Energy Lab

Alternatively, there could be a green checkmark or some form of notification that states he already maxed the weapon.

1 hour ago, Fifield said:

Yes.  It's either that or check if one of the remaining players has the same key.  And if multiple do then somehow decide which one loses it.
Both options are better than the mission suddenly ending regardless of progress (and currently without any of the drops?)

In that case, someone random of the 3 may lose their key? Who is to decide which one? Would it be fair to pick randomly? This is not an easy thing to implement at all. Imagine the bugs that may sprout from this, like keys randomly disappearing from your inventory.

On 3/20/2016 at 4:25 AM, alexmach1 said:

He stated he was in his dojo at that time, so he'd have to:

*snip*

Alternatively, there could be a green checkmark or some form of notification that states he already maxed the weapon.

Um, no, he doesn't.  The pause menu, Show Profile button, and all that works fine in the dojo.  Just like it does in relays, in missions, and in the liset.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2016 at 10:37 PM, Fifield said:

It seems DE has some prolific programmers that could knock all of these out in an hour each.

8. When trading let us type in the amount.  Selecting most numbers above 50 is really awkward.

10. Halve Sortie excavation cryotic requirement to 500 or 600.

none of these are anything i would want DE spending their time on rather than more important things.

1- plenty of credits out there, never farmed credits, never needed to, never had a shortage.

2 - Ah, it's the keyholder's key, he gets it back / exits the mission with the last rewards, so allowing continuation woudl almost be like duping keys

3 - Who cares, Vor isn't that bad.

4 - no bad, wouldn't mind it but it's not hard to know what 50' is.

5 - Huh? i invite people to groups without a mission selected all the time

6 - who cares, you quickly find out they aren't that rare

7 - ok, would help i guess i'd much rather have them go back to the old loadout interface than do this

8 - i don't get this either, you can type amounts for plat (what else is traded in amounts?) and for cores

9 - nah, why? this is just asking for a buff, and power creep. no need to buff this.

10 - Nah, it's fine, hard is good.

Edited by Shockwave-

1 hour ago, Shockwave- said:

1- plenty of credits out there, never farmed credits, never needed to, never had a shortage.

Because there's literally no point to containers otherwise.  This would take 10 mins to fix.

2 - Ah, it's the keyholder's key, he gets it back / exits the mission with the last rewards, so allowing continuation woudl almost be like duping keys

Hope you read the other suggestions better.

3 - Who cares, Vor isn't that bad.

Somebody started a whole thread on this so yes, lots of people care.

5 - Huh? i invite people to groups without a mission selected all the time

Invite option doesn't even exist if you haven't selected a mission yet.

6 - who cares, you quickly find out they aren't that rare

It would take 2 mins to fix and yes a lot of people care.

7 - ok, would help i guess i'd much rather have them go back to the old loadout interface than do this

No idea what that is.

8 - i don't get this either, you can type amounts for plat (what else is traded in amounts?) and for cores

Not surprised that you didn't read the thread.

9 - nah, why? this is just asking for a buff, and power creep. no need to buff this.

One of the most popular suggestions ever.  Slow switching speed disincentivises switching which limits both variety and skillful gameplay.

10 - Nah, it's fine, hard is good.

Hard is good, boring is bad.

Just going to assume you were in a negative mood when you wrote this.

Edited by Fifield

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2016 at 2:37 AM, Fifield said:

8. When trading let us type in the amount.  Selecting most numbers above 50 is really awkward.

Not sure if this was ever in patch notes, but I noticed it has recently been fixed.