Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overpriced Item price check

SirSipLip

Question

11 answers to this question

https://warframe.market/

This is a constantly updating list of players who want to sell their stuff. This site is supposed to allow players to sell things to each other without having to use trade chat, but I've found it's better to use as a price checking resource. Enter the item or prime set you're looking for in the bar and you'll be able to get a general idea of how much players think their items are worth.

Right now the majority of merchants are selling the blueprint at between 450-550 platinum, while buyers would prefer to pay between 250-400 platinum. Going by the prices of actual players attempting to sell their blueprints right now, 600p is definitely overpriced. While 250p sounds like a fair offer, chances are that the majority of people willing to sell the bp at this time feel like that's a little too cheap. Ultimately whether or not your price is fair comes down to perspective. Someone who wants to buy an item will always bid low, and someone who wants to sell will always bid high.

WFtrading is constantly outdated cuz prices shift constantly (think of Buzz Kill getting up to 1000 plat before Void Trader had it for sale for ducats and after prices drop dramatically)

Sellers will always try to take advantage of you and name reasons for the price to be high (For example Ember isn't available *right now* in the void) These reasons are usually factually true but you're the one that has to decide what you think that particular frame/weapon is worth to you personally and ingame.

As a buyer stay strong and stick to your budget (patience is the key, some (a few) sellers are genuinely nice and reasonable)

try this out sometime https://warframe.market/

On this website average prices for items that many people are selling are acceptable, prices for items few people are selling can get unrealistic.

gl

Edited by ArcticMantis

Yeah i think Ember BP actually more worth than 250p with it's limit stock nowdays

Most ppl when see at warframe trading mostly always look at "lowest price" that we dont know "when that post even made" (you can say outdated)

I disagree when other ppl say someone is a scammer when he want sell something at high price coz Warframe "NEVER" have actual price for any item ingame for plat at "OPEN/Freedom MARKET". Whether they want to Sell High or low - Buy High or low, that's their "Freedom" to do so, its your freedom too to disagree with the price. Just do if you click with the price or  find the other seller/buyer.

that ppl who ask u 600p put insta on black list....that is pure scam.....i had once new player....wish aura to buy and some of ppl in trade ask him 100p for rifle amp......i invate him and gift him 5 auras for free

600 is definitely overpriced- but I suggest not using WFT, it's outdated and it's prices are never really that accurate to the average to begin with. Warframe.market is what I personally use but remember that people can put fake listings up there because they think they're smart and believe they can control the market by doing so. When getting a price check from there go to the middle area of the list of prices and assume that's the average.

Time to go on a slight tangent. That all being said, I'd like to remind everyone here- since I already see a few people calling the person trying to sell for 600p a scammer- that scamming is in fact impossible in warframe (due to the way trading functions as a system). Sharking (fooling people into believing goods are worth more or less than they are) is possible- but even then who knows; they may just be completely inexperienced and throwing out a random number- which admittedly is almost as bad- but I've seen a number of people do this not meaning anyone any harm hoping someone would come along and give them an accurate price. Lazy, yes. Evil, no.

Spoiler

EDIT: Forgot to include this. Sharking is TECHNICALLY possible- but since warframe's economy is a free market, it's not really a "crime". If people don't want to pay more than a certain amount- they won't, plain and simple. This is how the market operates. People will not buy things until people start offering it at a price that they consider worth it. Once they start buying- the price is generally "set" for the market. The people set the price, nothing else. If someone does not take the time and many free resources available to them to educate themselves on the value of items, there is no one to blame but themselves. Sharking is undeniably dirty and scandalous- but in the end the fault lies on the person who falls for it. There will always be people like this no matter how many you weed out- and a company cannot be expected to try to combat them since they aren't psychics and can't tell someone is like this until they do it, so it's up to us to protect ourselves. We have the time, we have the resources, we have the brains. There is no excuse not to.

Edited by Stratego89

Congratulations on entering "WTB Ember P BP!", saddest club in whole trade channel. 

Ember prime bp is most rare and most expensive prime part in existence. Rare like virgins after 20. People desperately cry out club name every day and those 2 lucky guys that actually have it can charge literally price of set because sets are two times more frequent then BPs. 

Ember set goes now for about 750p btw. Bp is maybe 100p less. 

Guys, never, ever buy ember bp set without bp, it's worthless any you'll get accepted into mentioned club for free, and you don't want to be there.