The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 4 - Rifle Problems

ParadAUX

Question

Hi,

Basically my problem is that I've gotten to Mastery Rank 4 and I've run out of rifle options. I've used the Karak, really liked it but I hated the small ammo capacity, I'm currently using the Boltor and I'm hating the whole bullet travel time, not a fan of it whatsoever, I've used bows but I think that I'd rather get Ivara and use bows on that instead of with my Excalibur, it just doesn't suit the way I play at the moment. So I'm at an impasse where I want a rifle but I don't know which one to get, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

ParadAUX

7 answers to this question

Grakata, for more dakka and the first step in crafting twin grakatas (which do even more dakka).
Tiberon, for it is the top busrt rifle at the moment.
Quanta, for it is good (even though it is not technically a rifle in classic meaning) 

Or steel yourself and rush up to mr6. It will allow you to use the LMG that is considered by this community as something unholy.

Edited by Teloch

Its a difficult one to answer. Personally i dont run with just one single rifle. If i want more accuracy ill take weapon A, but if i think ill need a spray weapon i'll take B.

On weapons i could advise though, the Ignis is one of the best hip fire spray and prey. Its good as the accuracy is so bad it doesnt actually matter. Its great for hoards, but i wouldnt take it vs a boss.

Other than that i'd look to use the Karak with a ammo capacity and  a reload speed mods attached. This should smooth out those issues abit.

Also, with the Boltor, you want to use a Velocity mod (think its called terminal velocity). This should help alot with the projectile travel time.

Its important to remember that weapons in warframe are relatively balanced. There is no weapon thats truly 'perfect'. Accurate weapons will have poor ammo. Rapid fire will be harder to land hits. Still, you can make up for this through modding, or though using complimentary secondaries. If you want to take a Boltor, take something like the Lex (low fire rate, high damage, accurate).

Braton Prime is a very solid weapon, parts aren't terribly hard to get, be it via farming or trading.

Kohm, while a Shotgun, features (woo innate Punch Through and) full-auto fire with a magazine size I dare you to complain about :P

Ignis is just a beastly AoE weapon.

58 minutes ago, Dobermann92 said:

Soma is a good rifle if you have crit mods like Point Strike and Vital Sense.

Yes, and if you're two Mastery Ranks above 4 :P

Edited by NinjaZeku

4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Braton Prime is a very solid weapon, parts aren't terribly hard to get, be it via farming or trading.

Kohm, while a Shotgun, features (woo innate Punch Through and) full-auto fire with a magazine size I dare you to complain about :P

Ignis is just a beastly AoE weapon.

Yes, and if you're two Mastery Ranks above 4 :P

2 mastery on the lower levels are nothing in this game, but ok.

Here is my advice to the OP: level some stuff and reach mastery rank 6, then try the soma rifle if you have the mods mentioned before.

Edited by Dobermann92

1 hour ago, ParadAUX said:

Thanks everyone, I'm already building the Kohm, but I'm going to try to blast through the mastery ranks

I would recommend trying to enjoy some of the lvling, experiment with guns you haven't before. I, for one, fell in love with the Sybaris, and still tote her around to this day. I have a large number of other weapons that aren't really seen as SUPER AMAZING ULTIMATE ENDGAME GEAR but that I just genuinely have fun playing around with. While WF can certainly be high octane and challenging, sometimes, you gotta help some newbie clanmates and bust out your Silva & Aegis status build. Why? Because if you don't have fun on WF, you burn out. Play some conclave and waste MR 21 with all prime gear with your excal, mk1 braton, and skana. 

Ranted about that a wee bit more than I meant to. Just pick a few weapons from this list, and try em out. You've already got a few good recommendations, but be sure to try out some for yourself.