Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Email from @warframe.cp20.com, Legit or scam?

-Zr-Scroll

Question

So 3rd Warframe anniversary is here and we all got Dex weapons by just logging in, which is really cool.

I even understand that DE would send us all email reminders in case some players were not that actively playing atm.

So I've gotten this weird email which seems legit and timing is perfect, but smells like a scam.

""

4awNRBm.jpg

""
Also all the links within this email forward to websites that have nothing to do with warframe. Sites like 'cp20.com' and 'campaigner.com', which I've never heard about.
This email is mostly composed from images, but I've yet to allow my email software to execute any code nor download anything from within the email. So I don't know what the images include.

TL;DR;
So because of the metadata in this email, I can not trust that it is a legit email from DE staff. Thus I'd like to hear an official response from DE regarding the legitimacy of this email. If legit: Does the email actually include something useful for me like promo codes or is it only a reminder for the anniversary?

Thank you.

10 answers to this question

On 21/03/2016 at 1:50 AM, Ferdynan said:

Is the newsletter distribution service used by Digital Extremes, is "legit", some branches of the government use it too. The quotes are because they've been involved in database selling and spam accusations.

Well I just find it weird that DE needs to use external services since they have the infrastructure to do it themselves.

23 minutes ago, -Zr-Scroll said:

Well I just find it weird that DE needs to use external services since they have the infrastructure to do it themselves.

I find that strange aswell, Their remainders always goes to my spam folder but when I send in tickets and they give replies its always in my inbox..

On 2/4/2016 at 1:40 PM, -Zr-Scroll said:

Is probably a vestige from their beginnings when it was just easier to use one. They offer some additional services too, like analytics and mailing users subscribed to other games sites not just Warframe.