Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about Saryn

AdunSaveMe

Question

I've been using it for a while but one thing really bugs me; the duration of viral procs. For some reason they keep disappearing after one second, if they ever even proc on an enemy at all. Shooting spores often seems to do nothing to the target or nearby targets as a client, not sure about hosting.

Are the viral procs (NOT the spore bubbles) affected by power duration? If so, why play negative duration? If not, what the hell is with these dodgy procs?

13 answers to this question

The pre-rework saryn favored negative duration, because of miasma.  But now you're gonna want to have power duration.  The spore bubbles are effected by power duration but the viral procs are not. The viral proc is supposed to last 6 seconds but is boosted by saryn's passive which increases proc duration. 

Whenever you pop a spore bubble it's supposed to have a 100% proc chance. 

Edited by killerpancake

20 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Are the viral procs (NOT the spore bubbles) affected by power duration?

Nope. Thanks to her passive, the viral proc itself lasts 7.5 seconds. Only the viral damage from the bubbles can get longer through power duration.

The duration of spores is affected by duration not the viral procs also saryns passive gives 25% more duration to all status effects and I have no trouble at all proccing viral and keeping it with spore (But I host most of my games) but if you're actually trying for a negetive duration build then that might be why if you're seriously trying for that post rework then you don't know how to play saryn

6 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Nope. Thanks to her passive, the viral proc itself lasts 7.5 seconds. Only the viral damage from the bubbles can get longer through power duration.

Might be bugged then. Weird.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

1 minute ago, renleech said:

Another good question is if it's worth to sacrifice power strength for more duration and range for a spore build. I did not sacrifice anything yet. Any helpers, please?

I agree on this matter with him, you should let down duration, cuz it is not to shaby that skill.

3 minutes ago, renleech said:

Another good question is if it's worth to sacrifice power strength for more duration and range for a spore build. I did not sacrifice anything yet. Any helpers, please?

This is my current build

4VHxVkW.jpg

focuses more on strength than duration but you should still try to have as much as you can without killing your range since if you're building for spore that's pretty important

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Well I clearly don't, that's why I'm asking questions.

was just saying that stopped after they did the rework people used to do that because it actually made miasma do more damage in fewer ticks but now its damage is set so it's worth keeping duration if you can

You're gonna want to build for everything except efficiency for a good Saryn build nowadays. She's not the spammer she used to be. The range is good for spreading the Spores all around an entire map, debuffing every enemy that bothers to spawn in, duration keeps the spores up, ensuring that they last long enough to be spread via enemy movement and subsequent death, and power strength will benefit how much damage the spores do per tick, which is always nice.

Furthermore, the build mentioned above will also benefit her 3, which can be used in conjunction with her 1 to spread spores (a spore pops guaranteed when hit with a melee affected by her 3) and it also returns 2 energy per spore hit, meaning you can get a nice amount of energy back after casting. Since the build allows spores to spread across an entire map for a good while, and your 3 also lasts a good while, you'll be restoring a lot of energy, to the point where you won't really miss your power efficiency.

Her 4 also benefits from this, but it becomes rather expensive, but it's basically an auxiliary panic button ability at this point. It'll melt enemies without spores even on Draco, but again, it's wasteful, and nothing a good 1+3 combo can't do. Only use it for the stagger and if you really need a corrosive proc and some damage on a bunch of enemies.

1 hour ago, Exploderizer said:

You're gonna want to build for everything except efficiency for a good Saryn build nowadays. She's not the spammer she used to be. The range is good for spreading the Spores all around an entire map, debuffing every enemy that bothers to spawn in, duration keeps the spores up, ensuring that they last long enough to be spread via enemy movement and subsequent death, and power strength will benefit how much damage the spores do per tick, which is always nice..

Do spores spread to other enemies when you pop an existing spore?

All it seems to do for me is just give them a status proc, not spawn spores.

1 hour ago, renleech said:

Yes.

Intensify alone or coupled with Transient fortitude is enough.

More duration is not really nessessary tho. You'd want it to be about 100-130%

The tradeoff with Saryn is going to be power strength and range. Efficiency almost doesn't matter, especially if you're running Zenurik, although SarynP has a big advantage with her vastly larger power pool. Duration is kinda nice, but the base durations are decent; just try not to fall too far below 100%.

I've been playing around with high duration, moderate range and moderate strength. It works well enough to a point, but to really raise hell with Saryn you'll want range and lots of it. Try to keep power strength at least 130%. I've been running 160% range and I'm seriously thinking about going to 205%, but that means sacrificing duration. Depends what you want.

Saryn Prime has some very real advantages over regular Saryn with her new power suite. That enormous power pool goes a long ways in keeping the pestilence running rampant.