Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At what age did you realize life is short?

Basdiow

If you didn't discover that yet, just think of this:

Think about how many seconds are in a minute, now think about how many minutes are in an hour, now think of how many hours are in a day. A day is short. Now think about how many days are in a year, then think about how many years are in a lifetime.

I realized this when I was 12 years old, I couldn't sleep the next day.

My childhood was kinda messed up. I lived in Pakistan and Afghanistan for three years. I saw people just try to survive so badly after what happened to them. I've done alot of bad things am really shamed for. I didn't do anything like kill person but I did alot d1ck things there. Now I help out in charities, events and etc. When I was living there, I learnt life is unfair and short, I learnt this at the age of 7. So I decided want to leave a legacy after am gone, even if its there for a moment when I die.

Edited by Ibro156

4 hours ago, sushidubya said:

After having my kids and my lovely wife in my life...  I realized I'm pretty much 1/2 way done.  (timewise)  It's just sad that I won't be able to be there for them all the time.

Aww, Papa Sushi!  That's kind of sad and sweet at the same time. 

eh its not really short or long tbh

depends on your situation

if your in a good situation or young age then time will fly

e.g childhood

if your in a bad situation then time will go slow (didn't see that coming kappa)

e.g unemployed , divorced , passing of a loved one

My uncle died when I was 11. He wasn't even old.

I keep his memory with me all the time. It remembers me, that life might be short, and when it ends, it leaves a hole and sadness behind.

But it is not that what matters. It is what we lived for, who we lived for, that matters. If you love someone, if you do everything you can for them, if you make their life better, if you see them smile, then, then you lived for something good.

I know not everyone's life is the same or means the same. But I know that, for me, if I can do something for someone, and I see them smile, then I'm happy, and know that even when I'm gone, that feeling will remain, that I made someone happy.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Life isn't just short, it also has no meaning. Anything you do will just fade in time. Any legacy you've left will eventually crumble and disappear. You'r choices in life won't matter when you're in the ground. 

I realized this at 15

And when the Universe literally tears itself apart, or compresses into nothing, everything anybody has ever done or will do, will be absolutely meaningless.

5. I realised everything in life was pointless and in the grand scheme of things my existance is insignificant.

Also, watch professor Brian Cox “wonder of the universe” for more interesting and depressing things.

In other news:

CDQ4lgD.jpg