Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where to farm Cores w/ Valkyr

Liccht

Question

I'm a fairly new player MR 3 almost 4. And I've been looking around for a place to farm cores, but most groups do not want a valkyr.

So, I'm stuck with finding some solo farm maps that are accessible at my level.

Where would be a good place to farm those cores?

11 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

I heard that infested excavation on pluto works good. 

That is true because it is the only tier 3 excavation that sports 25% for 5x rare fusion cores on rotation A (1st and 2nd extractor). However Valkyr is very ill-suited for this one as it is corpus so a lot of enemies will try to shot excavator from distance and nullifiers or combas will remove hysteria easily.

You may try some dark sector excavations (Europa and Pluto are about the same level) but there is no info on wiki about the rewards on those.

22 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

However Valkyr is very ill-suited for this one as it is corpus so a lot of enemies will try to shot excavator from distance and nullifiers or combas will remove hysteria easily.

He just said that it's INFESTED Excavation. Those exist now

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

He just said that it's INFESTED Excavation. Those exist now

Haha, thanks for correcting me! Not enough coffee today... That's right. For some reason I've read it as Neptune excavation that is corpus tier 3.

So Pluto and maybe Europa infested excavation. Sorry for confusion.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek

Pluto and Phobos dark sector excavation/survival or Europa and Neptune Excavation.

Since you're soloing as valkyr, dark sector survival (lvl 20+) will be much easier than excavation.

Edited by MrJxt

1 minute ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

Haha, thanks for correcting me! Not enough coffee today... That's right. For some reason I've read it as Neptune excavation that is corpus tier 3.

So Neptune and maybe Europa infested excavation. Sorry for confusion.

29 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Thanks I'll give it a shot.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

Not enough coffee today...

Not enough coffee?

YOU ARE THE WORST KIND OF PERSON!  WHO POSTS BEFORE COFFEE?  JEEZ!

I'm kidding of course.  Happens to the best of us.  The cat knocks something over while we're reading, our train of thought gets derailed, next thing you know Heiracon and Oberon get mixed up in your typing.  Then some Grammar Gestapo insults you for the mistake, 3 people chime in on your behalf, 2 others on his.  They drag their friends in on it...

I've seen that sort of thing before, and I've seen it turn into a bloodbath.

At your MR you will not have 90% of the starmap unlocked honestly. You shouldn't be worrying about maxing out mods and such at your rank, just play the game and enjoy. You'll be surprised by how many spare mods / cores you'll pick up just playing like normal and clearing the starmap.

You are going to have plenty of time to sit back and farm endlessly to max stuff later. You will burn out of this game super fast if you spend 500 hours farming enough cores to max maybe 2 R10 rare mods right now. And even then you'll be short on forma / catalysts to even fuse the slots to cut the cost of equipping such mods in the first place.

Oh, I totally forgot to make my point.  Valkyr is irrelevant.  Farming Cores is Farming Cores.  Farming cores with Valkyr would be the same missions as farming cores with Nova, Or Limbo, or Chroma.

It might be more FUN with Valkyr, but the locations (excavations have 5packs of r5 cores in their tables, if I recall correctly) are no different.

Are you able to quickly farm up a frost? You can solo triton using frost, just use snow globe to protect the extractors. Lech Kril is not easy to kill, but if you play on weekends, you can easily find parties farming him for orokin cells. Farming on Triton is much quicker, as it only takes ~5mins to farm out 2 rotation A, then extract. Some can do it in ~3min, but 5 is average I guess. You can do it with Zephyr too.

If you want to use any other frame, then any of the high level survivals, but it takes double the time.