Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Multishot still good?

Ifeno

Question

A while ago it used to be staple as it gave you extra damage and free bullets.  Now however it simply takes the bullets from your clip so it's effectively just doubling your shotspeed.  Is multishot still a staple in every set?

13 answers to this question

Multishot has not been changed.

Last I heard Damage 3.0 might make that ammo consumption for multishot happen, but IIRC there was a huge f'ing uproar from users and almost all of it negative and DE may have scrapped the idea due to backlash (which quite honestly is what I'm hoping)

Just now, Ifeno said:

I'm just noticing while using my single shot weapons right now that it's subtracting 2 bullets from my clip with each shot.

If its a burst weapon it does that. 

I checked it out, using a R.Ballistica with 180% multishot its only drawing 1/4 as per the normal. 

There's been talk of this change but none yet. 

Just now, SquireAngel said:

It's totally a glitch. They've even said so in devstreams. It was at such a core level, that changing it would require overhauling almost the whole system. People liked it though, so DE was like, we can leave it for now, we'll get to it Soon.

So a glitch that they decided to keep, which more of an "unintended feature" than anything.  One with lots of power creep. 

Also, sounds like a lack of imagination.  Just add on a -mag size and, if necessary, -ammo capacity and -ammo recovery to the multishot mods and you have the same exact thing. 

6 hours ago, Specter42 said:

Because it will make the supra eat more ammo, in trade with more dps 

I dont mind with the crazy spray n pray, but with more ammo inefficiency? 

Split Chamber doesn't consume more ammo, the "extra" shots are free. 

4 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

Sorry when did this happen?  Because I haven't heard the cacophony I'd assume this change would cause. 

I'm just noticing while using my single shot weapons right now that it's subtracting 2 bullets from my clip with each shot.

11 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

If its a burst weapon it does that. 

I checked it out, using a R.Ballistica with 180% multishot its only drawing 1/4 as per the normal. 

There's been talk of this change but none yet. 

It's coming in dmg 3.0 baby. They're fixing that age old glitch finally XD

Just now, CriticalFumble said:

Not actually a glitch.

Not a bad change, either though. 

It's totally a glitch. They've even said so in devstreams. It was at such a core level, that changing it would require overhauling almost the whole system. People liked it though, so DE was like, we can leave it for now, we'll get to it Soon.