Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King_Lief

Traumatic Redirection: Naramon Major BUG

Recommended Posts

So, against proper judgment I unlocked the Traumatic Redirection Tree in the Naramon Focus Path. To refresh anyone's minds who may not know the ability, it reads like this:

Mind Spike grants 3 charges of Trauma. Melee attacks consume a charge of Trauma to inflict critical damage. Player will lose 30 / 25 / 20 / 15 health per second while they have Trauma Charges active.

Now, one would assume then that these charges would disappear after melee hits. But they do NOT. I was, for the duration of the mission after activating Naramon, losing 30 Health per second. I was playing as Inaros, so I actually never died, (though keeping up with lvl 100 enemies AND health drain was tiring) but this is clearly an issue for literally ANY other frame. As another note, to test it, I activated Naramon AGAIN later, and lo and behold, it began draining 60 Health per second. The charges never disappeared, and I'm not sure if I actually gained any damage throughout the match.

 

Here's my Loadout, in case it's important:

Inaros rank 30, 4 Forma

Dex Sybaris rank 17, 2 Forma

Atterax rank 30, 1 Forma.

 

The match was a T3 Survival to 1 hour. I was losing health for about 40 minutes of it.

This clearly needs to be fixed. As it is, only Inaros is even capable of using the ability, with maybe Valkyr as the exception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose lack of comments means I'm literally the only one who has unlocked this ability.

...Can't exactly say I'm surprised. But can someone from Digital Extremes at least confirm that they are aware of this bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was actually going to post about this, I just had to look and see if it was mentioned beforehand, or I was going insane. Good to know it's not just me. I'm more interested if it's a Client, Host or general bug though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was like, hmm why is my trama charge being consumed, looks at patch notes. Low and behold,nerfed. Thank you Suiko Tenshi for nerfing the most OP thing in the game and ending my fun T_T, i hate you FOREVER!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you report this, the thing is it was acutally rather fair beforehand for great power you paid a cost for it, true it was unfair on frames like inaros that cant die, but that would of been fine to just nerf it for him and similar style frame by preventing abiliteies from restoring hp while the skill is active, for me it was a reason to not forma the aura slot to a dash and acutally be able to take advantage of this on other frames, diversify the builds. Not only that but to properly take advantage of it you acutally needed to either do ALOT of farming or spend quite a bit of plat. DE really wasnt wise nerfing this as now cost of using outweighs the gains just another deadweight skill with no use cept on niche frames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LesserSarcasm said:

Why would you report this, the thing is it was acutally rather fair beforehand for great power you paid a cost for it, true it was unfair on frames like inaros that cant die, but that would of been fine to just nerf it for him and similar style frame by preventing abiliteies from restoring hp while the skill is active, for me it was a reason to not forma the aura slot to a dash and acutally be able to take advantage of this on other frames, diversify the builds. Not only that but to properly take advantage of it you acutally needed to either do ALOT of farming or spend quite a bit of plat. DE really wasnt wise nerfing this as now cost of using outweighs the gains just another deadweight skill with no use cept on niche frames.

I really hope this is sarcasm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using it with Chroma to One-shot-farm Sentients on endless Tycho...  Figure I'd see it here eventually, was fun while it lasted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

Was like, hmm why is my trama charge being consumed, looks at patch notes. Low and behold,nerfed. Thank you Suiko Tenshi for nerfing the most OP thing in the game and ending my fun T_T, i hate you FOREVER!!!!

 

8 hours ago, Banser said:

I really hope this is sarcasm 

 

I can't even begin to feel pity for either of you. It was a bug that made things unfair for people, I reported it, it got fixed.

 

That's how the systems works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuikoTenshi said:

 

 

I can't even begin to feel pity for either of you. It was a bug that made things unfair for people, I reported it, it got fixed.

 

That's how the systems works.

I don't need your pity, i bet you were pretending to not know how to make trama the strongest focus ability too.

It was just unlucky that someone that hates fun and is spiteful like you came across trama, nothing to be done about it, all good things get nerfed eventually and it was just trama's turn. 

Before this nerf it was worth the 1.5 million focus it took to max it, now due to this nerf its focus cost should at least be reduced to quarter of what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What wrong with you, guys? I used that bug, too, that thing was an OP and it SHOULD be nerfed! Oneshoting 100 lvl mobs without any debuffs on them is NOT normal. YEs, it was funny to see ~1kk crits on any enemy and see how crowds die when you press just 1 button, but its not fair. Yes, its unfair when guys with simulor and either aoe guns can kill crowds of enemy, but its not 100+ enemies! And trauma with another naramon passive skills can freely give you acces to easy 2 hours alone survive play. Its. Not. Normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2016 at 9:09 PM, TheBaka9 said:

What wrong with you, guys? I used that bug, too, that thing was an OP and it SHOULD be nerfed! Oneshoting 100 lvl mobs without any debuffs on them is NOT normal. YEs, it was funny to see ~1kk crits on any enemy and see how crowds die when you press just 1 button, but its not fair. Yes, its unfair when guys with simulor and either aoe guns can kill crowds of enemy, but its not 100+ enemies! And trauma with another naramon passive skills can freely give you acces to easy 2 hours alone survive play. Its. Not. Normal.

So it's a bad thing to have the ability to solo long survivals?

The ability to use any frame you want rather than set and strict team configurations like (mag,bless, EV,nekros) or (excal,EV,valk,volt)? To do those teams, for me at least i have to wait for certain people to have their schedules align with mine.(recruit chat is useless and only want 20 minute runs)

Is there something wrong with wanting to see other focus trees have amazing and powerful hidden abilities but unique of course that really rewarded the player after they put in a month of effort, like trauma?

Question: Who is it unfair too in this PvE game? Was it an AoE that stole kills and lowers frame rates? Or did it just let you do long survival runs that those teams i mentioned before can outclass and surpass any time any day or the week? 

There are abilities that can open enemies up to covert lethality one shot kill stealth finishers, and the lvl doesn't matter. All these screams of OP this, OP that. Everyone has the access to one shot ANY enemy of ANY lvl (-bosses) So in what world does something which has damage that still falls of eventually be considered OP?

 

PS. Your simulor shouldn't have trouble killing anything but fully armored lvl100+ heavy gunner(still should kill them though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2016 at 10:33 AM, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

So it's a bad thing to have the ability to solo long survivals?

The ability to use any frame you want rather than set and strict team configurations like (mag,bless, EV,nekros) or (excal,EV,valk,volt)? To do those teams, for me at least i have to wait for certain people to have their schedules align with mine.(recruit chat is useless and only want 20 minute runs)

Is there something wrong with wanting to see other focus trees have amazing and powerful hidden abilities but unique of course that really rewarded the player after they put in a month of effort, like trauma?

Question: Who is it unfair too in this PvE game? Was it an AoE that stole kills and lowers frame rates? Or did it just let you do long survival runs that those teams i mentioned before can outclass and surpass any time any day or the week? 

There are abilities that can open enemies up to covert lethality one shot kill stealth finishers, and the lvl doesn't matter. All these screams of OP this, OP that. Everyone has the access to one shot ANY enemy of ANY lvl (-bosses) So in what world does something which has damage that still falls of eventually be considered OP?

 

PS. Your simulor shouldn't have trouble killing anything but fully armored lvl100+ heavy gunner(still should kill them though)

I can't hear you over the sound of your whiny bullS#&$.

You're already using Naramon. You can already solo lvl 100 Survivals.

If you're using Naramon and can't, I suggest you focus less on complaining about bugs being fixed and more on actually not sucking at the game without abusing glitches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuikoTenshi said:

I can't hear you over the sound of your whiny bullS#&$.

You're already using Naramon. You can already solo lvl 100 Survivals.

If you're using Naramon and can't, I suggest you focus less on complaining about bugs being fixed and more on actually not sucking at the game without abusing glitches.

Yes Naramon lets you Solo to lvl 100 Survivals, but have you ever done an endurance run?

I doubt you have based on your complete disregard of my post to answer with nothing but a pathetic insult i can't imagine a group of people would want to spend hours in a mission with you. (toxic people damage morale and when morale is low you get bored and want to do something else)

For your information, even in a T2 survival at 100 minutes the enemies levels already pass 200. Now this may be hard for you who has skipped over reading my last post to immaturely throw mud instead of a constructive refutal, but try to understand the lvl scaling it reaches at 3 hours, even more so in T3 and T4.

So yes normal naramon lets you solo to lvl 100 survival, but lvl 100 survival is nothing but a short run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

Yes Naramon lets you Solo to lvl 100 Survivals, but have you ever done an endurance run?

I doubt you have based on your complete disregard of my post to answer with nothing but a pathetic insult i can't imagine a group of people would want to spend hours in a mission with you. (toxic people damage morale and when morale is low you get bored and want to do something else)

For your information, even in a T2 survival at 100 minutes the enemies levels already pass 200. Now this may be hard for you who has skipped over reading my last post to immaturely throw mud instead of a constructive refutal, but try to understand the lvl scaling it reaches at 3 hours, even more so in T3 and T4.

So yes normal naramon lets you solo to lvl 100 survival, but lvl 100 survival is nothing but a short run.

What did you though when see "Traumatic redirection" description? 3 charges. 3, not infinity. Also it makes possible to suicide during mission and fail it: if you use Naramon and have no health sourse and 0 revives left- you done.
Dont look at me like a opponent of all that Trauma-drama. That bug is very dumm:description says that it works untill you hit somebody 3 times, but instead it will harm you all mission till you down. Is THAT fair? its just a lie in a face,
Naramon still gives you(and me) "invulnerability"- nobody can dispell invisibility and such things, when you play alone  nobody can harm you greatly. Is that not enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2016 at 7:43 PM, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

Yes Naramon lets you Solo to lvl 100 Survivals, but have you ever done an endurance run?

I doubt you have based on your complete disregard of my post to answer with nothing but a pathetic insult i can't imagine a group of people would want to spend hours in a mission with you. (toxic people damage morale and when morale is low you get bored and want to do something else)

For your information, even in a T2 survival at 100 minutes the enemies levels already pass 200. Now this may be hard for you who has skipped over reading my last post to immaturely throw mud instead of a constructive refutal, but try to understand the lvl scaling it reaches at 3 hours, even more so in T3 and T4.

So yes normal naramon lets you solo to lvl 100 survival, but lvl 100 survival is nothing but a short run.

I enjoy the part where the guy who insulted me first in a thread where I reported a legitimate bug CALLS ME TOXIC.

 

Dude, you're the definition. Congrats.

Also, the game isn't about hitting those insane time limits. The devs have to tailor it to the masses, and the majority of people don't go past 60 minutes. Only the power gamers do, and even then not too often, and not often that far.

So all this bug did was make the game unfair for most players, while making the powerful players have longer games. How is that even remotely a good thing?

 

Just... go away. Really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SuikoTenshi said:

I enjoy the part where the guy who insulted me first in a thread where I reported a legitimate bug CALLS ME TOXIC.

 

Dude, you're the definition. Congrats.

Also, the game isn't about hitting those insane time limits. The devs have to tailor it to the masses, and the majority of people don't go past 60 minutes. Only the power gamers do, and even then not too often, and not often that far.

So all this bug did was make the game unfair for most players, while making the powerful players have longer games. How is that even remotely a good thing?

 

Just... go away. Really.

How did i insult you first?

And i asked you how traumatic redirection was unfair to new players before but you ignored the question. Think about the ability for a second, 

80k focus=30 hp per second

225k focus=25 hp per second

338k focus=20 hp per second

450k focus=15 hp per second

+pool points

No affect on the actual crit trauma gives. It's obvious trauma's rank ups are geared towards its secondary use. which is impractical and/or expensive plat wise to acquire

(how many people do you think are like me and actually can do it? Some people who could have didn't even chose naramon in the first place)

The only think you've done is made it harder for the majority of players to use trama by effectively doubling the requirements.

(unless you want to claim that trauma is all about those 3 melee hits as if its not one hit with multi strike stances -_-, the ranking up de-emphasizes the melee so much it doesn't even tell you the crit increase)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2016 at 2:38 PM, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

How did i insult you first?

And i asked you how traumatic redirection was unfair to new players before but you ignored the question. Think about the ability for a second, 

80k focus=30 hp per second

225k focus=25 hp per second

338k focus=20 hp per second

450k focus=15 hp per second

+pool points

No affect on the actual crit trauma gives. It's obvious trauma's rank ups are geared towards its secondary use. which is impractical and/or expensive plat wise to acquire

(how many people do you think are like me and actually can do it? Some people who could have didn't even chose naramon in the first place)

The only think you've done is made it harder for the majority of players to use trama by effectively doubling the requirements.

(unless you want to claim that trauma is all about those 3 melee hits as if its not one hit with multi strike stances -_-, the ranking up de-emphasizes the melee so much it doesn't even tell you the crit increase)

" Thank you Suiko Tenshi for nerfing the most OP thing in the game and ending my fun T_T, i hate you FOREVER!!!! "

There you go.

And I never said the ability was fine as is. All I did was report a bug, as is my right and duty. It did not function as intended, and so it was fixed. Anything else doesn't matter. Besides, Focus isn't that hard to get. I already Maxed out Naramon and am working on 2 other Paths. Just do Stealth runs and put a lens on Loki and a Melee weapon. Get 30K per run. Big deal.

If you want to complain about how it should work differently, the BUG Report forums are NOT the place to do it. So go. Somewhere. Else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it looks like I'm late to the bandwagon here... people are upset that someone took the high road while everyone else was busy taking the low road?  Even if we were assuming that the game was difficult enough to merit abuse of something like this (it is not, even on endurance runs as was previously mentioned), why would you be upset over someone reporting it?  As a whole, Warframe runs about as well as a fat kid on a treadmill, and even then it's a struggle just to stay consistent with how it runs.  Even if this bug has nothing to do with functionality for Warframe as a whole, the game needs literally any kind of second opinion it can get. The fact that it took them two weeks (or something to that effect) to even address that launching the game tried launching multiple instances of the game kind of says that in itself.  

At the end of the day, there really is nothing to be upset over with this being fixed. If the people who are upset by it were even marginally as good at the game as is being implied, then this patch wouldn't be a big deal to the 5 of you who took the time to log in, search the forums and find this one thread to air your grievances in.

machoman_zpsfs0djr4j.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuikoTenshi said:

" Thank you Suiko Tenshi for nerfing the most OP thing in the game and ending my fun T_T, i hate you FOREVER!!!! "

There you go.

And I never said the ability was fine as is. All I did was report a bug, as is my right and duty. It did not function as intended, and so it was fixed. Anything else doesn't matter. Besides, Focus isn't that hard to get. I already Maxed out Naramon and am working on 2 other Paths. Just do Stealth runs and put a lens on Loki and a Melee weapon. Get 30K per run. Big deal.

If you want to complain about how it should work differently, the BUG Report forums are NOT the place to do it. So go. Somewhere. Else.

" Thank you Suiko Tenshi for nerfing the most OP thing in the game and ending my fun T_T, i hate you FOREVER!!!! "

Are you counting this as an insult? This is just a factual statement of how I feel about you.

Don't go from "it's unfair" (still asking to who/how) to "i doesn't matter"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Retequizzle said:

While it looks like I'm late to the bandwagon here... people are upset that someone took the high road while everyone else was busy taking the low road?  Even if we were assuming that the game was difficult enough to merit abuse of something like this (it is not, even on endurance runs as was previously mentioned), why would you be upset over someone reporting it?  As a whole, Warframe runs about as well as a fat kid on a treadmill, and even then it's a struggle just to stay consistent with how it runs.  Even if this bug has nothing to do with functionality for Warframe as a whole, the game needs literally any kind of second opinion it can get. The fact that it took them two weeks (or something to that effect) to even address that launching the game tried launching multiple instances of the game kind of says that in itself.  

At the end of the day, there really is nothing to be upset over with this being fixed. If the people who are upset by it were even marginally as good at the game as is being implied, then this patch wouldn't be a big deal to the 5 of you who took the time to log in, search the forums and find this one thread to air your grievances in.

machoman_zpsfs0djr4j.gif

"search the forums and find this one thread to air your grievances in"

There was no searching of the forums, the hotfix notes linked the thread responsible for the nerf (like a billboard saying it's that guys fault, odd how they don't usually do that). And it is accepted, i've already used the forma's to adjust the frames and my melee weapons(that's all of them btw Q_Q) that had builds around Traumatic melee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

"search the forums and find this one thread to air your grievances in"

There was no searching of the forums, the hotfix notes linked the thread responsible for the nerf (like a billboard saying it's that guys fault, odd how they don't usually do that). And it is accepted, i've already used the forma's to adjust the frames and my melee weapons(that's all of them btw Q_Q) that had builds around Traumatic melee.

They link forum posts about Bugs in the Patch notes all the time, dude. Go back and look at a few.

And I already answered your question about who it's unfair for, but considering you only ever seem to address a single sentence in any of my comments and ignore the rest, I'm not surprised. Like how I literally explained how to get easier Focus runs after you complained how hard it is to get. Boo hoo. Apparently you're actually just terrible at this game and don't want us to know.

 

Now, as I said before:

"If you want to complain about how it should work differently, the BUG Report forums are NOT the place to do it. So go. Somewhere. Else."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SuikoTenshi said:

They link forum posts about Bugs in the Patch notes all the time, dude. Go back and look at a few.

And I already answered your question about who it's unfair for, but considering you only ever seem to address a single sentence in any of my comments and ignore the rest, I'm not surprised. Like how I literally explained how to get easier Focus runs after you complained how hard it is to get. Boo hoo. Apparently you're actually just terrible at this game and don't want us to know.

 

Now, as I said before:

"If you want to complain about how it should work differently, the BUG Report forums are NOT the place to do it. So go. Somewhere. Else."

1 Never noticed links to forum posts before.

2 You have not answered the question about who and how it was unfair (previous post are visible)

3 Your the one who ignores most of people's posts (said so before)

4 I didn't complain about focus farming, i was saying that the cost in relation to the current effect is imbalanced due to the abilities nerf.

5 I don't farm focus because there's no reason to.

I have everything from naramon,

zenurik is for people to lazy to craft/just don't have the resources to/just don't like to use energy plates

vazarin isn't for people who tend to play solo

and the other 2 a seemingly bad(they could be hidden gems like trauma but hidden gems get nerfed so i won't bother)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

1 Never noticed links to forum posts before.

2 You have not answered the question about who and how it was unfair (previous post are visible)

3 Your the one who ignores most of people's posts (said so before)

4 I didn't complain about focus farming, i was saying that the cost in relation to the current effect is imbalanced due to the abilities nerf.

5 I don't farm focus because there's no reason to.

I have everything from naramon,

zenurik is for people to lazy to craft/just don't have the resources to/just don't like to use energy plates

vazarin isn't for people who tend to play solo

and the other 2 a seemingly bad(they could be hidden gems like trauma but hidden gems get nerfed so i won't bother)

Lol NOW you're complaining about even MORE stuff on a Bug Report thread.

 

WTF are you 12 years old?! If your idea to convince me that you're right was to do exactly what I've said NOT to twice already at least, you must be some kind of special.

Why do I even @(*()$ bother with children on the internet. I mean, one of your "points" (and I hesitate to call it that) was literally just: "No, YOU are!"

Go back to grade school. I'm done with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.