Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some movement questions...

magusat999

Question

I'd like to know how to do a couple of things without the possibility of messing up, so I'm asking here.

First is Wall Latch. I know how to wall latch, the problem I have is being confident that it will work. often times My Warframe hits the surface and slides off, or stays in the glide animation, rubbing up against the surface. Sometimes I can recover by (furiously) clicking right-mouse. Is there a way to jump to the wall and simply stick without the fogginess of not knowing if it will work or not?

Also about Wall Latch - supposedly you can jump from one surface to another. I have a tendency to jump over, under, slide across or jump to the next surface and not stick. What do you do to jump and stick - I have seen tutorials and guides but they aren't helpful when I try to do it. When Parkour 2.0 first came out I had no issues with jumping and sticking - I was doing it all over the place... was there a change to it? Seems very iffy now - but that might be because I'm doing it wrong?

And on PC - springing into a bullet jump from a slide. I haven't been able to pull it off. I hear you need a mechanical keyboard because it's too many key presses at one time for a regular usb keyboard. Is there any other way to do it?

EDIT: Oh Im sorry I forgot this one - sometimes... well a lot of times my Warframe gets pinned to the ground (like the feet are glued) when I am trying to jump up to do a leap slam. Which means, like if you have a Jat Kittag you hit the ground sending enemies flying. I wonder is it because the Warframe is stuck in a combo set and cannot get out or is there some other reason? Sometimes I run into a group, try to jump up, but the Warframe stays stuck to the ground. Other times I run, try to hop up for a leap slam, but again the Warframe seems stuck to the ground and instead makes this weak, short forward swing (feels very unnatural). Is there some kind of precise button press to get the thing to jump up every time?

Edited by magusat999

14 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

I'd like to know how to do a couple of things without the possibility of messing up, so I'm asking here.

First is Wall Latch. I know how to wall latch, the problem I have is being confident that it will work. often times My Warframe hits the surface and slides off, or stays in the glide animation, rubbing up against the surface. Sometimes I can recover by (furiously) clicking right-mouse. Is there a way to jump to the wall and simply stick without the fogginess of not knowing if it will work or not?

Also about Wall Latch - supposedly you can jump from one surface to another. I have a tendency to jump over, under, slide across or jump to the next surface and not stick. What do you do to jump and stick - I have seen tutorials and guides but they aren't helpful when I try to do it. When Parkour 2.0 first came out I had no issues with jumping and sticking - I was doing it all over the place... was there a change to it? Seems very iffy now - but that might be because I'm doing it wrong?

you need to hit wall latch in the moment u hit the wall otherwise it doesnt seem to work

6 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

And on PC - springing into a bullet jump from a slide. I haven't been able to pull it off. I hear you need a mechanical keyboard because it's too many key presses at one time for a regular usb keyboard. Is there any other way to do it?

what u mean by springing into a bullet jump from slide?

For the bullet jump it's just 2 keys the crounch and jump (this doesn't work with Crouch Toggle, just hold to crouch key works), if you're holding down more it's not needed. As soon as you start sliding you don't need to hold foward, letting go of it doesn't break the slide nor trying to hold Shift to sprint after starting the slide will help it go faster (worry about this only if your keyboard locks too much while using many keys). 

Start by practicing by standing still and hold down crouch (again, not crouch toggle) then jump, make sure you're aiming where you want your bullet jump to send you (looking completely down while standing on a flat surface will send you straight up). After that you can try out while sliding.

About wall latch, one could think about it a bit realistically, you can't latch while away from the wall (hence enabling glide instead), so you need to make sure your first key press happens when you're already touching the wall, also you can't hold onto what you don't know that exists so make sure you're looking at the wall to latch, I've been noticing that the less of the wall you see the more often you go off gliding instead.

Practice makes perfect, yes. Keep in mind doing a mistake constantly won't make you do an action perfectly, it will just make the mistake perfect. If it's not working try to make slight changes, try as many ways as possible and keep practicing.

13 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

bulletjump doesnt take ur movement speed, thats a big flaw, it will always make u slower after running fast

Unless you used up mod space to increase base speed, bullet jumping is more efficient than simple sprinting.

And you can always recover by sliding before hitting the ground and lead to a sprint again. (And there's the so called butt scuts (?) )

Just now, Manyc said:

Unless you used up mod space to increase base speed, bullet jumping is more efficient than simple sprinting.

And you can always recover by sliding before hitting the ground and lead to a sprint again. (And there's the so called butt scuts (?) )

my point was that if u run for example with 20 m/s and bulletjump then the like 10 m/s boost of bullet jump wont add, it will be 10 m/s, aka your bulletjump slows you every time u were moving fast before

42 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

EDIT: Oh Im sorry I forgot this one - sometimes... well a lot of times my Warframe gets pinned to the ground (like the feet are glued) when I am trying to jump up to do a leap slam. Which means, like if you have a Jat Kittag you hit the ground sending enemies flying. I wonder is it because the Warframe is stuck in a combo set and cannot get out or is there some other reason? Sometimes I run into a group, try to jump up, but the Warframe stays stuck to the ground. Other times I run, try to hop up for a leap slam, but again the Warframe seems stuck to the ground and instead makes this weak, short forward swing (feels very unnatural). Is there some kind of precise button press to get the thing to jump up every time?

About that, make sure you're aiming to the floor to make your slam attacks. Not looking properly down will promp the aerial attack which is what you're talking about.

Being glued to the ground could be due to you possibly being staggered by enemy attacks. If you manage to actually jump you can do a slam attack, just look properly.

2 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

my point was that if u run for example with 20 m/s and bulletjump then the like 10 m/s boost of bullet jump wont add, it will be 10 m/s, aka your bulletjump slows you every time u were moving fast before

Yes, each of them have their own base values and don't add to each other. It's your call to mod which one you like to use more. When both sprint and bullet jump are at base speed, bullet is more efficient. But sprinting is just ground movement, they don't have to stack. We can connect huge aerial movements already by using Advanced parkour techniques (bullet jump to roll then sliding while gliding, etc..).

Just now, Manyc said:

Yes, each of them have their own base values and don't add to each other. It's your call to mod which one you like to use more. When both sprint and bullet jump are at base speed, bullet is more efficient. But sprinting is just ground movement, they don't have to stack. We can connect huge aerial movements already by using Advanced parkour techniques (bullet jump to roll then sliding while gliding, etc..).

yes but imo this is a big flaw that aerial and ground movements is separated, after all the speed you can achieve like that is still very low

1 minute ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

yes but imo this is a big flaw that aerial and ground movements is separated, after all the speed you can achieve like that is still very low

Take into account that Ground movement has to deal with obstacles while Aerial can skip most of them.

If you're willing to, check this video if you can:

@magusat999 This video might also teach you some nice movement things as a reference.

22 minutes ago, Manyc said:

Take into account that Ground movement has to deal with obstacles while Aerial can skip most of them.

@magusat999 This video might also teach you some nice movement things as a reference.

Ye i already know all these combos, they are still pretty slow to me

1 hour ago, Manyc said:

For the bullet jump it's just 2 keys the crounch and jump (this doesn't work with Crouch Toggle, just hold to crouch key works)

Actually yes it does work... I've used toggle crouch for longer than parkour 2.0 has been around and find it easier than hold-to-crouch. With toggle crouch you only need to tap jump while your frame is sliding or crouched (which only needs a tap of the crouch key since it's toggle) instead of pressing jump while holding the crouch key.

1 hour ago, magusat999 said:

Membrane or mechanical doesn't make a difference in whether or not you can perform it as far as I know.. It sounds like you're talking about "ghosting" which is when key-presses don't work because too many keys are already being held down. Both membrane keyboards and mechanical keyboards can have anti-ghosting features, so like I said this shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by AXCrusnik

5 hours ago, Manyc said:

This guy doesn't seem to use the roll efficiently. You can stack your speed by canceling the friction. Double jump+roll+slide ...
It looks like this then:
https://giant.gfycat.com/HotPhonyDunnart.webm