Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having troubles with Sancti Tigris build for Nova

(XBOX)XxxXnoodleXxxX

Question

So I've heard time and time again that Sancti Tigris is the ultimate Antimatter Drop charger. I've been working on New Loka for months, finally got it, put a catalyst on it, and the damage numbers from AMD are sub-par at best. My current loadout is Seeking Fury, Hell's Chamber, Blaze, Shredder, Point Blank, Vicious Spread, Tainted Shell, and Charged Shell. With the standard two round clip, two shots into AMD makes it pop an enemy for ~125,000 damage. Four shots puts me around 180,000 damage. 

Yeah that SOUNDS like a lot, but in comparison, it really isn't. That isn't even close to fully charging it. A full clip from my Boltor Prime fully charges it (when it glows and speeds off) and can easily pop for 700,000 damage. I've seen it go much higher.

So what am I doing wrong? People were saying it's super easy to fully charge AMD with Sancti Tigris, and I haven't gotten even close once...

WAT DO.

1. Don't use Shredder. If you have sweeping serration you can use that if you want. 

2. Primed Point Blank would increase your damage considerably.

3. You need another elemental. Probably replace either shredder or tainted shell.

If you don't have Sweeping Serration I'd add a 3rd elemental.

My Build: Hells chamber, Primed Point Blank, Seeking Fury, Contagious spread, Charged Shell, Blaze, Vicious Spread, Sweeping Serration.

Damage Numbers- I: 1,149.7, P:1,149.7, S: 20,235.1, Heat: 6,898.3, Corrosive: 20,695.0

Even with Vicious Spread I easily max AMD

Edited by RideaTear

A double burst from my Sancti makes AMD hit the damage cap.

Damage wise I am using (all maxed) Primed Point Blank, Hells Chamber, Blaze, Charged Shell, Incendiary Coat and Sweeping Serration. I know that's only six mods, I use Tactical Pump and Seeking Fury for QoL.

Now punchthough used to be buggy with AMD, increasing the power, but has been fixed at least on PC, so I don't think that is the reason I can cap it in 2 shots. My guess would be the difference is Primed Point Blank vs your Point Blank and Sweeping Serration vs your Shredder. Another issue may be that Vicious Spread is causing some of your damage to miss AMD. I can actually throw AMD direct at my feet and cap the damage in the half second before it detonates.

If it helps to compare, my numbers are : Impact 900.2   Puncture 900.2   Slash 15,844.2   Radiation 21,605.8

Edit : You are also using Tainted Shell to counteract Vicious Spread, that is two mods to give you +90 base damage. So with Point Blank you are using 3 mods to get +180 base damage, while my single Primed Point Blank is 165%, that is a big difference right there as I effectively have another 2 mod slots. Whatever you do, ditch Shredder, another element will add so much more than that.

Edit 2 : Quick check on Warframe Builder tells me your build is about 28k damage per shot, while mine is 39k, so with both barrels mine is charging AMD with an extra 22k.

Edited by Egg_Chen

30% IPS damage Mods are utter trash, and instead of the to-and-fro with both + and - Spread Mods, I would've just gone for elemental pwnage.

FWIW, here's how I might mod a Sancti Tigris:

Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber
Charged Shell, Toxic Barrage (150% Corrosive)
Incendiary Coat, Blaze (150% Heat, yay symmetry lol)
Seeking Fury, Tactical Pump / Sweeping Serration (depending on whether you want ease of use / more damage)

20 minutes ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

So I've heard time and time again that Sancti Tigris is the ultimate Antimatter Drop charger. I've been working on New Loka for months, finally got it, put a catalyst on it, and the damage numbers from AMD are sub-par at best. My current loadout is Seeking Fury, Hell's Chamber, Blaze, Shredder, Point Blank, Vicious Spread, Tainted Shell, and Charged Shell. With the standard two round clip, two shots into AMD makes it pop an enemy for ~125,000 damage. Four shots puts me around 180,000 damage. 

Yeah that SOUNDS like a lot, but in comparison, it really isn't. That isn't even close to fully charging it. A full clip from my Boltor Prime fully charges it (when it glows and speeds off) and can easily pop for 700,000 damage. I've seen it go much higher.

So what am I doing wrong? People were saying it's super easy to fully charge AMD with Sancti Tigris, and I haven't gotten even close once...

WAT DO.

Okay. You want as much dmg as you can within those two shots. This is the build I use & ill explain why

Point Blank. Hells Chamber. Seeking Fury. Blaze. Sweeping Serration. Vicious Spread. 2 90% elementals

Okay. Your usual dmg mods are a must. duhh. But there are a few mods you listed that you dont need in your build.

Shredder

Tainted Shell

Okay you can take out Shredder. If you dont have Sweeping Serration. Replacing with a 90% elemental will yield more dmg outcome than Shredder. Sweeping Serration will have just a tiny bit more dmg than a 90% elemental but for now. 90% elemental is fine.

Tainted Shell you dont need aswell. Again replace it with another 90% elemental will yield even more dmg for your Tigris. Besides spread on a Sancti Tigris is a crowd killer. Also fills up Nova Antimatter drop in just 2 shots. Spread isnt a problem for this shotgun. Trust me. You might need to forma it once or twice but its definitely worth it. 

So at the end of you day. You build should include: Point Blank, Hells Chamber, Seeking Fury, Blaze, Vicious Spread, Incendiary Coat, Charged Shell, Contagious Spread. (You might have to move your mods around so your elements can be Corrosive & Fire.) Havent let me down yet. (Yes with this build. It will fill up Nova's drop in just 2 shots. If you shoot it as soon it crosses your crosshair)

10 minutes ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

But the issue is that AMD doesn't absorb Status damage. Which means Slash doesn't add to the damage either. Nor would another elemental damage type help the damage on AMD. Also don't think Primed Point Blank is going to be happening any time soon. Unless Baro gets it, that is. It's like 150p minimum, which is absurd for a mod.

Sorry bud, that is just wrong, any damage (IPS and any elements, not just radiation) inflicted is absorbed.

I know there is nothing you can do about Primed at the moment, but really ditch Shredder for another element at the very least!

Edited by Egg_Chen

6 minutes ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

But the issue is that AMD doesn't absorb Status damage. Which means Slash doesn't add to the damage either. Nor would another elemental damage type help the damage on AMD.

Sorry, wut? Slash and elemental damage Mods most definitely help charge AMD, why wouldn't they?

What do you mean by "Status damage"? Slash is a physical damage type,
just like elemental damage, the value you see is the value of damage added to each shot.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

But the issue is that AMD doesn't absorb Status damage. Which means Slash doesn't add to the damage either. Nor would another elemental damage type help the damage on AMD. Also don't think Primed Point Blank is going to be happening any time soon. Unless Baro gets it, that is. It's like 150p minimum, which is absurd for a mod.

Your missing the point. 90% elemental mods increases your total dmg even it it doesnt proc. It doesnt absorb status dmg but adding more 90% elementals will give your weapon more dmg to your total dmg. May i suggest playing around with the Warframe builder.

http://warframe-builder.com/

Just try a couple of builds on the Sancti Tigris we all suggested & look at your total Total Dmg. Number are not 100% correct but you will get the general idea of how much dmg your doing. This is where i go to play with different builds when i have some free time

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

Just now, Egg_Chen said:

Sorry bud, that is just wrong, any damage (IPS and elements) inflicted is absorbed.

I know there is nothing you can do about Primed at the moment, but really ditch Shredder for another element at the very least!

This^. There is alot of confusion about elemental mods. Many people think you only get the elemental damage when your status chance procs (this is wrong). Elemental damage is applied every shot, working just like ISP mods except they have different strengths/weaknesses to different factions. They also take all damage into consideration before applying the +90% as opposed to 120% ISP mods making them more suitable for weapons with more equal damage.

Well to me it sounds like you just need to change your build if you mean to fully charge your AMD the fastest way possible.

I just tested how it worked with my regular Sancti Tigris build and AMD gets fully charged with only one shot.

I use this: (Primed) Point blank / Hell's chamber / Blaze / Sweeping serration / 4 elemental mods. For higher DPS you can keep vicious spread instead of an elemental mod (or Sweeping serration if you haven't got it), but I don't know how that would do without Tainted shell to compensate - I haven't tried it.

Just don't use Shredder ever, any elemental mod is superior. Seeking fury is nice but you lose DPS for your AMD if you choose to keep it.

Edit: Okay I didn't see all the other answers, just don't mind mine I'm not bringing anything new to the table :D

Edited by JohnViande

15 minutes ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

But again, why would you have the elemental when elemental status and damage bonus doesn't add to AMD's damage? Same as Sweeping Serration doesn't actually add to its damage either. The only thing absorbed by it is pure damage. Status/elemental/crits don't get absorbed by it.

No, okay.You was right about crits & status but You dont understand elementals. 90% elemental will add to your total dmg of your weapon. Its not weither AMD can absorb status. Its about adding more dmg to your weapon. You will ALWAYS want atleast 1 elemental combo on your weapon. My favorite combo I like is Corrosive & Fire. As for mods like Sweeping Serration that gives 120% to slash is good for the Sancti Tigris because it adds more dmg to your total weapon dmg. Shredder will on yield just a bit of dmg. Replace it with a 90% elemental & you will see your total dmg get a nice dmg jump. Try it with AMD. Use Shredder in your build & shoot AMD & look at the numbers. Then replace it with a 90% elemental & do the same thing again & you will notice a dmg increase. 

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Your missing the point. 90% elemental mods increases your total dmg even it it doesnt proc. It doesnt absorb status dmg but adding more 90% elementals will give your weapon more dmg to your total dmg. May i suggest playing around with the Warframe builder.

http://warframe-builder.com/

Just try a couple of builds on the Sancti Tigris we all suggested & look at your total Total Dmg. Number are not 100% correct but you will get the general idea of how much dmg your doing. This is where i go to play with different builds when i have some free time

Whaaaaaat okay. Gonna tweek my build. I don't have the plat for Sweeping Serration, so shredder will have to do for now. :( 

Build right now is Shredder, Hell's Chamber, Blaze, Charged Shell, Point Blank, Vicious Spread, Chilling Grasp, Seeking Fury.

It's taking four shots to charge AMD, and it's doing ~260,000 damage...

1 minute ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

Whaaaaaat okay. Gonna tweek my build. I don't have the plat for Sweeping Serration, so shredder will have to do for now. :( 

Build right now is Shredder, Hell's Chamber, Blaze, Charged Shell, Point Blank, Vicious Spread, Chilling Grasp, Seeking Fury.

It's taking four shots to charge AMD, and it's doing ~260,000 damage...

Again. Take out Shredder. lol Put in another 90% elemental. You probably have to forma it. Shredder isnt worth a mod slot unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

I don't have the plat for Sweeping Serration, so shredder will have to do for now. :( 

You should use another elemental instead of shredder. 30% extra slash damage is nothing compared to 90% additional elemental damage.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Really? I was always being told they weren't 100% correct.

the only thing that is 'inaccurate' is people usually compare maximum Damage to paper calculations.
when calculating Crits, the only way to do it fairly on paper is to get an average increase that you get across all of your shots.

which you don't get in the game, but it's accurate in the sense that - that is the average Damage increase you get across all of your Shots.
it would be unfair to everything else to only show maximum Damage per Shot, because that would be misrepresenting how often you Crit.

the rest of the numbers are completely accurate. any other 'inaccuracies' are either entry errors like a misentered base stat or people expecting the wrong thing from a paper representation.
it shows how things are for what it shows. you don't see the exact same numbers when you shoot the Enemy because of a myriad between Warframe is always somewhat strange and Armor Scaling and Et Cetera.
in other words, without Warframe works, if you're within ~5%, you're on point.

57 minutes ago, taiiat said:

can you explain why? you cannot because you have no idea what you're talking about.
Damage Mods add Damage. Status Effects only occur based off of a Chance for each Projectile to create a Status Effect.
Damage Mods still add Damage, regardless of whether you get a Status Effect or not.

this would be your recommended(for the singular purpose you're talking about - Punch-Through would be recommended normally), 3 Elementals(what type really doesn't matter but will likely be whatever the Enemies you're fighting are weak to), a fancy Slash Mod (though only really useful for on Antimatter Drop or if you're fighting unArmored Enemies).
zNwEVeN.png
makes for ~120,000 per double shot, which exceeds Antimatter Drop's maximum Damage of 400,000 by ~80,000. meaning one double shot will fully 'charge' it.

lucky for you, any Mod that you put on that adds Damage.... adds Damage?

- - - - - 

they are actually completely correct.

Again, two of those mods, I am simply unwilling to spend the plat on.

I tweaked my build, got Shredder, Hell's Chamber, Blaze, Charged Shell, Point Blank, Vicious Spread, Chilling Grasp, Seeking Fury.

It's charging AMD in 4 shots and making it do ~270,000 damage...

So I'm still well below my Boltor Prime numbers, after 4 frikkin shots...

19 minutes ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

Again, two of those mods, I am simply unwilling to spend the plat on.

I tweaked my build, got Shredder, Hell's Chamber, Blaze, Charged Shell, Point Blank, Vicious Spread, Chilling Grasp, Seeking Fury.

It's charging AMD in 4 shots and making it do ~270,000 damage...

So I'm still well below my Boltor Prime numbers, after 4 frikkin shots...

Again, try replacing shredder with another 90% elemental, it will bring your numbers from 36,879 to 43,566 damage per shot. You gain 13,374 damage for both shots just by changing one mod.

Edit: Hell's Chamber, Point Blank, Blaze, Seeking Fury, Vicious Spread, 3 elementals will charge AMD with 2 shots. No primed or event mods needed.

Edited by RideaTear

34 minutes ago, (XB1)XxxXnoodleXxxX said:

Again, two of those mods, I am simply unwilling to spend the plat on

very well! without those, the reccomendation is then:
2qlYNjQ.png

a double shot will leave you ~30,500 short of fully 'charging' Antimatter Drop.
so you'll need 3 Shots in total to cap it.
(or ~75,800 short if you don't use the Status Elemental there and opt for Punch-Through or something, which would then need just slightly more than 3 shots, with most of the 4th shot being wasted*).

FYI - Antimatter Drop is fully 'charged' at 400,000 Damage, meaning once you deal 100,000 Damage to it. the Damage you get when Enemies get hit by it's Explosion is up to Enemy Resistances (since it deals Radiation Damage) and Et Cetera.
but once it turns a super saturated shade of your Energy Color, it's fully 'charged' and shooting it more will do nothing.

*: ofcourse, having Punch-Through would let you shoot the Enemies you want to hit and hit Antimatter Drop at the same time with those shots, to allow applying more Damage in total. pick yer poison.

Edited by taiiat

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

(or ~75,800 short if you don't use the Status Elemental there and opt for Punch-Through or something, which would then need just slightly more than 3 shots, with most of the 4th shot being wasted*).

I tested the build you had swapping Toxic Barrage for Seeking Fury and it did cap AMD with just 2 shots. (43,566 damage per shot)

Edited by RideaTear

1 hour ago, texrei said:

Wait..so the description on wikia that tells

is not correct?

That is has to be the correct number. I can max an AMD in one shot with a high damage build (57,000) per shot. If the numbers that the previous poster stated were true then that wouldn't happen.

Edited by RideaTear