The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Every single use of the Overextended mod is degenerate and game ruining

Inmemoratus

2 minutes ago, Snowbluff said:

Yeah, except Mirage's toughness (eclipse) is by power Strength, and the bubbles HP are power strength as well.

Ergo, IT'S a huge downside.

Enemies don't attack while blinded so who cares? Stop acting like these "downsides" matter.

Just now, Robm said:

I never use eclipse soo,,, and I still have 194% powerstrength on Frost Prime. So... yeah.. 

Well, you're just a significantly weaker mirage, then. Eclipse is signifcantly better than Hall of Mirrors. Even if you run range of Mirage, slap on some power and Total Eclipse so you can buff allies while blinding guys. :0

As for Frost, that's on how else you mod it. Your bubbles will still break more easily than then next frost if you use the mod. Ergo, downside. Ergo, your point isn't moot.

Just now, TeaBegging said:

Both Frames heavily depend on power strength. Globes go down so fast with that negative power strength. All his other abilities suffer from this aswell.

You can still get frosts pwr strenght to 139% + frosts globe uses armor % and absorbs dmg and converts it in HP so it is not such a big downside

Edited by DemonUnicornLV

Having 4 mods that can negate the power strength is a possibility. but you will sacrifice mod slots to do so. and in order to have a somewhat decent cc you need some good power strength. The corrupt mods are fine how they are. That aside I think the effiency is on prism is lower then the average ult power. Having it capped at 50 making it way to effienct and reducing it with Effiency mods makes it a spam fest. Just my opinion it.

Well give up a mod slot?your kidding mod slots are their to be used.the fact people are willing to sacrifice that mod slot cause it means little let me give you an example

hydroid for undertow...is good cc for any interception mission as if you lock down the consoles after they been taken over by you no enemy can access them making the mission yours.

you put down what mods well you want to last the longer under so you go max efficiency you also want to capture as many enemy so you go max range and you want to be able to burn for a long time so you give yourself flow

Now you have 3 slots lefts...Huh I wonder what to do with them should I bring health and shields yes they would be helpful but oh wait I don't need them if I am gonna be underwater untouched by any harm.So I can run damage mods in case I want to actually do some damage

A Good frost what those duration matter to him unless he forgot that their glove Is no longer affected by duration  

2 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Hey remember that time you got one-shot through your Iron Skin by an enemy that soaked up half your Boltor Prime's entire reserve?

No you don't, because your squad's CC frame had Overextended and Primed Continuity.

I know when the time that Mirage was downed, the entire team failed. Mirage being a glasscannon means it has its drawbacks as a CC'er. You can only maintain that with good team support. Which in many cases is rarely to find.

2 minutes ago, ScorpDK said:

Once again.

Enemies continue spawning. You will get shot unless you keep spamming.

They don't spawn anymore. There is a maximum number of enemies alive at any given time.

You guys need to be honest if you want to have a real discussion.

Edited by Inmemoratus

Just now, Leavith said:

Well give up a mod slot?your kidding mod slots are their to be used.the fact people are willing to sacrifice that mod slot cause it means little let me give you an example

hydroid for undertow...is good cc for any interception mission as if you lock down the consoles after they been taken over by you no enemy can access them making the mission yours.

you put down what mods well you want to last the longer under so you go max efficiency you also want to capture as many enemy so you go max range and you want to be able to burn for a long time so you give yourself flow

Now you have 3 slots lefts...Huh I wonder what to do with them should I bring health and shields yes they would be helpful but oh wait I don't need them if I am gonna be underwater untouched by any harm.So I can run damage mods in case I want to actually do some damage

A Good frost what those duration matter to him unless he forgot that their glove Is no longer affected by duration  

What I meant is if you specifically focus your entire build into one ability, you ganna sacrifice mods that keep you alive. Such as redirection/Vitalty. And Mirage been the squishy frame that she is. she Would require a solid defensive team member to carry her.

1 minute ago, TeaBegging said:

I know when the time that Mirage was downed, the entire team failed. Mirage being a glasscannon means it has its drawbacks as a CC'er. You can only maintain that with good team support. Which in many cases is rarely to find.

That's the other thing. Min-maxed frames may be practically mandated in high-level content thanks to broken af enemy scaling, but they can't solo worth a damn because 3/4ths of their kit has been crippled for the sake of boosting a single ability to the point that some might call it "game-breaking."

What I meant is if you specifically focus your entire build into one ability, you ganna sacrifice mods that keep you alive. Such as redirection/Vitalty. And Mirage been the squishy frame that she is. she Would require a solid defensive team member to carry her.

I don't have that problem. Even on sorties. Nobody carries, I am usually busy picking everyone else up.

6 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:

really let say you ran this

narrow minded/over extended

fleeting expertise/streamline

Enemy only come out of certain location and once they reached a certain location you can continue stunning them this build still gives you positive stats not even maxed and you still have 4 open mod slots I wonder what I can do with them

Natural talent seems like good idea with some flow rage and quick thinking bam I am done unless I want to focus on another power which I can easily replace my 4 slots for damage and more duration since you can continue to blind, blind enemies even if they are blind.

Either way unless you have not already been able to manage in number of how much something is needed it would be the only way you don't end up with open space or slots because you had no idea you only needed so much damage to kill one enemy. seriously when people put so much excess on something like run max str build for lvl 20 enemies is just sad.

Edited by Leavith

9 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:

Good team support? Blind Mirage with zenurik can solo almost any sortie mission mode. You don't need team, you just need to perma blind your enemies and do your job calmly. Hall of mirrors and Eclipse with Quick Thinking will make you unkillable unless you're terribly bad.

Just now, residente said:

Good team support? Blind Mirage with zenurik can solo almost any sortie mission mode. You don't need team, you just need to perma blind your enemies and do your job calmly. Hall of mirrors and Eclipse with Quick Thinking will make you unkillable unless you're terribly bad.

Does she need syndicate mods?

1 minute ago, LordCasimiro said:

No she doesn't.

80jRSWn.jpg

This is my lazy 0 Forma Blind Mirage build that has room for so much improvement. With a bunch of formas you can put Cunning Drift in the Exilus slot and put power strength on the new empty slot of you don't like that negative strength.

With this build I can solo almost all sortie missions just by blinding everyone and doing what I have to do. 

Again 0 energy problems with Zenurik. But you can use pizzas if you have another school.

2 minutes ago, residente said:

Mirage has 225 health, 65 Armor. She can be pretty much one shotted at any time. Recasting her ult cost time, unless you are hiding in a spot to cast it and blind enemies then sure you won't die. Thats because there is no restriction in her line off sight. Which should be looked at. She is one off the most squishy frames out there along with banshee. Seen posts like I am just bad because I die has nothing to do with it. Since I don't play her that much. I just base my opinions on the people that I have seen use her.

Most off them were dying the entire mission. Because they specifically focused on that prism build. Unless somebody was there to protect/carry her.

1 minute ago, residente said:

No she doesn't.

Hide contents

80jRSWn.jpg

This is my lazy 0 Forma Blind Mirage build that has room for so much improvement. With a bunch of formas you can put Cunning Drift in the Exilus slot and put power strength on the new empty slot of you don't like that negative strength.

With this build I can solo almost all sortie missions just by blinding everyone and doing what I have to do. 

Again 0 energy problems with Zenurik. But you can use pizzas if you have another school.

What level your zenurik passive?

6 minutes ago, LordCasimiro said:

Isn't the syndicate mod for team support?he said solo I don't believe you need the syndicate mod you just need understanding of the Ai

Most Ai have certain range when they see you and recognize they you they will begin to shoot once they meet that range they just don't see and shoot you 1st you must be in their range that is why going 50 meter is only useful in team play because well people tend to stay apart but in solo 30 meter is enough for an Ulti that CC

3 minutes ago, residente said:

No she doesn't.

Reveal hidden contents

80jRSWn.jpg

You gonna use that exilus adapter I mean you do that you can sneak another mod in

4 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:

Mirage has 225 health, 65 Armor. She can be pretty much one shotted at any time. Recasting her ult cost time, unless you are hiding in a spot to cast it and blind enemies then sure you won't die. Thats because there is no restriction in her line off sight. Which should be looked at. She is one off the most squishy frames out there along with banshee. Seen posts like I am just bad because I die has nothing to do with it. Since I don't play her that much. I just base my opinions on the people that I have seen use her.

Most off them were dying the entire mission. Because they specifically focused on that prism build. Unless somebody was there to protect/carry her.

I'm not talking about theory but about practice and experience. Even with a negative str build (30% dmg reduction from Eclipse instead of 95%) I'm not dying ever because of Hall of Mirrors + Eclipse + Quick Thinking + Parkour maneouvers. 

You can cast Prism while running sliding bullet jumping etc etc etc, you need no cover you need no protection just to know what to do and when. 

Again 21 second blind duration = no need to blindspam.

3 minutes ago, LordCasimiro said:

What level your zenurik passive?

Maxed Energy Overflow (4 per second) and maxed void pulse mastery 165s cooldown. Nothing else purchased and not needed.

Edited by residente

every one here is complaining like children, you leave a post with out a good way to fix the problem besides "remove it" not a good solution in my opinion.  best i can say to you, is play the way you wish, build your warframe the way you want to but never try and control another person that is where your vary wrong, so go play with a team with your mind set go to a sortie with your own personal little build and just see how far you make it with out a min maxed team to guide you. its not easy, so whats the real problem?

its the enemy, fix the real problem, give a better solution. until then any one will look for the fasted and most efficient way to play.

Just now, residente said:

I'm not talking about theory but about practice and experience. Even with a negative str build (30% dmg reduction from Eclipse instead of 95%) I'm not dying ever because of Hall of Mirrors + Eclipse + Quick Thinking + Parkour maneouvers. 

You can cast Prism while running sliding bullet jumping etc etc etc, you need no cover you need no protection just to know what to do and when. 

Again 21 second blind duration = no need to blindspam.

Maxed Energy Overflow (4 per second) and maxed void pulse mastery 165s cooldown. Nothing else purchased and not needed.

Oh S#&$! That seems powerful! Mine is still at 3 per second and 225 colldown

3 minutes ago, Leavith said:

You gonna use that exilus adapter I mean you do that you can sneak another mod in

Yeah read what I wrote below the screenshot, it's a lazy build with 0 forma investment, there's room for even more improvement.

I really don't see how Overextended is 'OP' it is a positive with a negative on top of the normal using a mod slot. How does increased range at the cost of power strength equal a need for removing the mod or improving enemy's immunity to the very moves supposed to even the odds of one versus many? With endless scaling, higher base stats, and superior numbers, our fragile crowd control warframes doing what they are designed to do is not overpowered, its the way they were created to be used just as that same corrupted mod was made to be used by them.