Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Naramon is inevitably nerfed, what will you use

Chef_Lu_Bu

2 minutes ago, sekushiiandee said:

ive never used focus or farmed it......so i guess when its gone ill use my skills? or whatever skills that is actually required to play this game normally =P

I use chest laser but I've never bothered to farm focus. I just allocate points as I get them. Someday the balance will change and suddenly I'll be a bandwagoner of "the flavor of the month" build. I usually just spam Ash's 4.

3 minutes ago, Rorgal_Sina said:

So the only reason people choose Naramon is because of... that? Nothing else? We are so utilitarian. :/

I believe most people playing will choose the option that they find most fun, but the forums is a vocal minority of generally more vested players and thusly tend to pick the most powerful option over their aesthetic preference. I play for funzo and I'm not trying to show off so I like chest laser.

8 minutes ago, Rorgal_Sina said:

So the only reason people choose Naramon is because of... that? Nothing else? We are so utilitarian. :/

I picked it because the flavour text made it sound cool. 

I barely use melee, so imagine my disappointment when I discovered that's what it was based around. I still fail to see how melee is connected to strategy and intellect.

That being said, I'm incredibly loyal to my decisions, so I won't leave Naramon no matter what at this point.

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

Naramon. I only ever use shadow step when i'm grinding for prime parts on a survival or something. I just love nerf herders though. they can't enjoy stuff so they have to ruin everyone's fun.

I understand DE's stance of balance, I don't know why people complain about S#&$ like Draco. it's a primarily PVE game. There is no reason to cry foul when someone else gets a part through their own efforts.

3 minutes ago, Chef_Lu_Bu said:

I understand DE's stance of balance, I don't know why people complain about S#&$ like Draco. it's a primarily PVE game. There is no reason to cry foul when someone else gets a part through their own efforts.

I look at it this way. Focus is pretty much us unleashing the power of the operator. These children are capable of extreme feats and need the warframes to channel and control the power. in essence, the frames limit their powers. Why would you wanna nerf something that requires a pretty hefty cooldown time, and is essentially the most powerful form of a tenno's power? It's supposed to be ridiculous to some degree since there isn't anything limiting the tenno for a brief period of time.

Gameplay wise there are some good ones (zenurik's energy regen and naramon's shadow step) and there are some stinkers (unairu i think?)

Edited by LordOfScrugging

25 minutes ago, Chef_Lu_Bu said:

The glory of the chest laser will be upon us soon(tm).

If am am allowed to put all the focus into another tree and I am refunded for all my greater lenes, Ill put into another Tree.

Otherwise everyone will have major issues with any changes.

2 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I look at it this way. Focus is pretty much us unleashing the power of the operator. These children are capable of extreme feats and need the warframes to channel and control the power. in essence, the frames limit their powers. Why would you wanna nerf something that requires a pretty hefty cooldown time, and is essentially the most powerful form of a tenno's power? It's supposed to be ridiculous to some degree since there isn't anything limiting the tenno for a brief period of time.

Gameplay wise there are some good ones (zenurik's energy regen and naramon's shadow step) and there are some stinkers (unairu i think?)

I agree that the activated abilities should be very strong but the passives tend to err on the side of "holy shiesse that one is way better than everything else".