The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Makos Art Thread

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, Deshiel said:

Went to a dictionary site because Gipsies in my city frequently used the word Pele for penis. 

http://cs.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pele&page=2

how odd 

im referring to  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele_(deity)

but as i learned with maher in german means reaper but its a name in other languages as well 

ive done 2 female frames and decided it was time to try my hand at a male deluxe skin again , and with volts rework on the rise i thought it fitting he get a skin worthy of our favorite electric warframe

so been working on this one for a while and wanted it to be just right 

I based the design on the shinto god Raijin known for causing storms,  so i wanted to capture the look as well as make it similar to previous warframe deluxes 

the body design/structure is more like valkyrs germesi skin, i tried to develop muscle coils and body of a god like demon 

ive been drafting this one for a while and had a lot of issues trying to make it look ..well right to me. i decided to start with a rear view and then develop from that, as i found with my maher warframe design i seem to do better with a rear design 

The ring is floating behind back like trinities strega halo, its  in physics floating due to electro-magnetic fields and it generates electric energy when abilities are cast as well as some "drum" designs fitted to arms, legs, back and head back which are key features seen in his visage.

overall it was challenging and fun, its helped me to further develop my design process 

volt_rai_jin_deluxe_skin_design_by_drkma

46 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ive done 2 female frames and decided it was time to try my hand at a male deluxe skin again , and with volts rework on the rise i thought it fitting he get a skin worthy of our favorite electric warframe

so been working on this one for a while and wanted it to be just right 

I based the design on the shinto god Raijin known for causing storms,  so i wanted to capture the look as well as make it similar to previous warframe deluxes 

the body design/structure is more like valkyrs germesi skin, i tried to develop muscle coils and body of a god like demon 

ive been drafting this one for a while and had a lot of issues trying to make it look ..well right to me. i decided to start with a rear view and then develop from that, as i found with my maher warframe design i seem to do better with a rear design 

The ring is floating behind back like trinities strega halo, its  in physics floating due to electro-magnetic fields and it generates electric energy when abilities are cast as well as some "drum" designs fitted to arms, legs, back and head back which are key features seen in his visage.

overall it was challenging and fun, its helped me to further develop my design process 

volt_rai_jin_deluxe_skin_design_by_drkma

No wonder my your status says full, you have been working on this for a while. Anyways, I love the design, but I don't know how I feel about that halo. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

No wonder my your status says full, you have been working on this for a while. Anyways, I love the design, but I don't know how I feel about that halo. 

i was conflicted with adding drums on it honestly 

and ya this is what i did on my lunch breaks , though i have 3 commissions being colored also 

REVOLTECH_TAKEYA_RAIJIN_7_14CM_NOV2012_K

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Just now, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

Okay, that would be kind of funny. I wish I had photoshop, because then I would ask your permission to make this in tennogen.  

lol go for it if you want

soem free art programs you might want to try is Gimp and krita 

..i was trying my hand at 3d art and that was...and odd experience 

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

lol go for it if you want

soem free art programs you might want to try is Gimp and krita 

..i was trying my hand at 3d art and that was...and odd experience 

I have a small amount of experience with 3D design, so maybe one day I'll try my hand at it. My PC account sucks right now so at least I could get a skin for my starter volt, lol.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

I have a small amount of experience with 3D design, so maybe one day I'll try my hand at it. My PC account sucks right now so at least I could get a skin for my starter volt, lol.

your probably better then be lol xD i was making blobs haha, i cant wait till xb1 has tennogen 

3 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

WOOOAH That's so amazing!

thanks ^.^ 

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

Really nice volt layout.  Great that you do 3 angles, I wish I had the patiense for that.

thanks. it is a long process, but i turned out nice this time :D 

You know that collaboration I thought about? I wonder if I should take a stab at that Nova design. 

I like the style and it would be a really fun thing to model. Not making any promises of high quality here straight away, but I'd love to try. 

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

You know that collaboration I thought about? I wonder if I should take a stab at that Nova design. 

I like the style and it would be a really fun thing to model. Not making any promises of high quality here straight away, but I'd love to try. 

feel free to try whatever :D 

its better then i could do lol xD

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

I can't wait either, because right now only my under ranked and neglected PC account can get it. 

well its in dev and they just need to work out the "legal" matter and we are good