Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime vs Vanilla Warframe

dodorichard

Question

So I know there is a difference between Prime versions and Vanilla versions of Warframes, but which has the biggest difference?

I know that maybe people are telling me not to bother with Frost Prime and just farm for regular Frost because the differences are cosmetic, are there any charts comparing the two?

11 answers to this question

i've got several prime WFs (rhino, frost, nova, loki) and several regular WFs.  with the exception of a slight speed and health armor power buff, the major differences between prime and regular WFs are cool factor looks and a few polarity slots.  I got a regular ash and ember and saryn, bought an XP booster from baro and tossed a few forma at my regular warframes... now they're almost the same as the prime versions. 

TBH, i like the looks of ember and ash better than the prime versions anyway, not that I'd be willing to spend 500p on an ember prime. 

Just now, Leavith said:

Well I am asking cause different Warframe have difference shield recharge rate

Well it all depends on how much shields you have so since he has slightly more shields its slightly faster. And the speed would increase further with redirection

I think the only gamechanging prime buffs are Mag, Nova, and Rhino. Mostly because the buff eliminate their weak stat (Mag's low health, Nova's low shield, Rhino's Sprint speed). Rhino Prime is especially good, because it removes the need for Arcane Vanguard helmet or sprint mods. The other primes, if you can do well with their basic version, you'll do slightly better with the Primes.