Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Believe Happens After Death?

AnOldAlias

This isn't meant to be an argument/drama thread. Or a pity party one, but I wanted to throw this up and see if it'll get any traction(Good kind, anyway).

I'll state that, for the most part, I'm putting this up out of my curiosity and slight boredom, as well with a mix of a small existential crisis I've been having episodes of as of late.

What do you believe happens after Death, and why?
Do you accept your fate of inevitable death or refuse to?
Are you at peace with non-existence(if you don't believe in God or any other religious figure)?
If you do accept peace of Non-Existence or God, what would be your preferred way to go? Instant so you don't know its happened or happening, or slow so you can deal with your thoughts and try to find peace with it(if you haven't)?

Etc etc. You know the drill.

For me? I cannot fathom non-existence, nor can I accept it. I wish I could believe in God to fix that problem, but I don't. I have Autism, as well, just figured I'd throw that info out there. These episodes I've been having as of late have really been causing some major depression in me, and its been bothering me quite a lot.
If I was to have a way to go..? Sounds a bit selfish, but I'd rather have it instant. At least, to a degree anyway. I want to be able to rectify my mistakes and apologize to people before I go, but.. There's a soft comfort in knowing an instant's notice of death.. You wouldn't have to fear it if you couldn't process it in the first place.

Anyway!

This ISN'T meant to be a religious topic, do understand that. I expect adult behavior in here. I ain't a mod, but I am a human being that really wants a civil discussion. I'd appreciate it if you can at least try.

EDIT: If this is in the wrong place, do correct me, Mods! If it is in the right place, then yeh!

Edited by Nelizar

2 minutes ago, Nelizar said:

This isn't meant to be an argument/drama thread. Or a pity party one, but I wanted to throw this up and see if it'll get any traction(Good kind, anyway).

I'll state that, for the most part, I'm putting this up out of my curiosity and slight boredom, as well with a mix of a small existential crisis I've been having episodes of as of late.

What do you believe happens after Death, and why?
Do you accept your fate of inevitable death or refuse to?
Are you at peace with non-existence(if you don't believe in God or any other religious figure)?
If you do accept peace of Non-Existence or God, what would be your preferred way to go? Instant so you don't know its happened or happening, or slow so you can deal with your thoughts and try to find peace with it(if you haven't)?

Etc etc. You know the drill.

For me? I cannot fathom non-existence, nor can I accept it. I wish I could believe in God to fix that problem, but I don't. I have Autism, as well, just figured I'd throw that info out there. These episodes I've been having as of late have really been causing some major depression in me, and its been bothering me quite a lot.
If I was to have a way to go..? Sounds a bit selfish, but I'd rather have it instant. At least, to a degree anyway. I want to be able to rectify my mistakes and apologize to people before I go, but.. There's a soft comfort in knowing an instant's notice of death.. You wouldn't have to fear it if you couldn't process it in the first place.

Anyway!

This ISN'T meant to be a religious topic, do understand that. I expect adult behavior in here. I ain't a mod, but I am a human being that really wants a civil discussion. I'd appreciate it if you can at least try.

I know what happens after death. It was what exists before life. You go home and reflect on what you did wrong here to try and grow from it. There is no non existence or harsh punishments. God is indescribably merciful(to humans...demons are screwed and rightfully so). Though If you really are interested pm me and ill give you a full description of what life is like after/before death. We are strangers to this world compared to the one after death and god loves you but has to limit his contact so you can learn on your own, that is the most important thing i can tell you if you do not want further details.

Just now, TheErebus. said:

I personally believe it's like sleeping, except no dreams and you can't wake up.

I don't find happiness in the idea of an afterlife (because if there is one, I'll be going to where pitchforks and spooky demons roam)

Some places are because tha afterlife is huge and way bigger than the place where used to. Though it feels like your dreaming when your there but the same when your here. And you dont use eyes to see but see like you do in dreams and here like you do in dreams. Your mind is basically no longer bound or kep in control by anything. jesus came here to teach us this along with many things but many just used his teachings for personal gain.

i personally believe that when you die you create another universe where the last thoughts you had (and alittle bit after) are the foundation of what the new universe is. that being said, when im about to die im going to be thinking of a ton of anime.

why do I believe this? idk I just... do.

Just now, McDuffMan said:

i personally believe that when you die you create another universe where the last thoughts you had (and alittle bit after) are the foundation of what the new universe is. that being said, when im about to die im going to be thinking of a ton of anime.

Thats interesting and can be completely true and may be. I think like me you may remember things of before here and only remember..creating universes(yes we do that). Though there are an infinite or near infinite number of universes which you can chose to go to. 

7 minutes ago, McDuffMan said:

If this is the case....before i leave im going to think of an op protagonist.

Just now, Arcane_Intelligence said:

I live one day at the time, not worrying about what happens after death. Just live your life to the fullest while you can.

We will see when it´s time...

Well, you should help others aswell which will come back to you in the end if you care about others that is if not its like getting a present that you have no use for.

Normally, some people would say they will see nothing but a shroud of darkness striking before their very eyes. This is usually Cynicism, for those who see the world nothing more but... nothing.

What will I see after death is a cycle of another life, in another world in which you literally cannot control. You will be a different person, a different perspective, the moment you passed your life as light shines right through you. You don't see the light of day because you did something right or not, but it is there. Somewhere. I have yet to see what lies beyond the other place, but it is for certain it already has done its job not letting you know who you were. And it will always be there no matter how tragic or how amazing your life was.

I am not God, of course, as this somehow had fuzzy feeling is quite like a novel that repeats over and over, but I what can tell you that our deaths would be meaningful if we did something good for a change, for the future of others and not just for ourselves.

16 minutes ago, Freelancer27 said:

Normally, some people would say they will see nothing but a shroud of darkness striking before their very eyes. This is usually Cynicism, for those who see the world nothing more but... nothing.

What will I see after death is a cycle of another life, in another world in which you literally cannot control. You will be a different person, a different perspective, the moment you passed your life as light shines right through you. You don't see the light of day because you did something right or not, but it is there. Somewhere. I have yet to see what lies beyond the other place, but it is for certain it already has done its job not letting you know who you were. And it will always be there no matter how tragic or how amazing your life was.

I am not God, of course, as this somehow had fuzzy feeling is quite like a novel that repeats over and over, but I what can tell you that our deaths would be meaningful if we did something good for a change, for the future of others and not just for ourselves.

You can choose to be a different person, but that if you keep your link to heaven if not....*shivers* you get stuck here which when you die is a scary place I know from personal experience of me along with all the other bored moaning souls so bored i had a "headache"Its really dark like a void except for others. Though if you don't cut god of completely*its hard to cut him off**you have to be a very bad person*you go to what people here call heaven and it makes this world look worse than trash. Though eventually god will come(or his servants/angels) will fish you out of this hellhole. Though that is interesting your information seems incomplete, but true to a point and very important or others to know minus the whole cutting out the middle part thing. 

Just now, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

You can choose to be a different person, but that if you keep your link to heaven if not....*shivers* you get stuck here which when you die is a scary place I know from personal experience of me along with all the other bored moaning souls so bored i had a "headache"Its really dark like a void except for others. Though if you don't cut god of completely*its hard to cut him off**you have to be a very bad person*you go to what people here call heaven and it makes this world look worse than trash. Though eventually god will come(or his servants/angels) will fish you out of this hellhole. Though that is interesting your information seems incomplete, but true to a point and very important or others to know minus the whole cutting out the middle part thing. 

I take the mental part of our co-existence partially complete since I do find the reality of "multiple lives" idea being as vague as our religious preferences may be. They are all written in marks that living lives of different worlds do exist, but we are not really sure how it works in a mystical/magical point of view.

I may believe that if you die, another universe will take your perspective there as your life has passed. Another world, another perspective, and you literally won't remember who you were before you set your very first figment of vision to this new world.

Like live in a world where Hitler actually got successful in World War 2, live in a world where Chinese did struck war before the 21st Century, live in a fantasy world similar to RWBY but risk of fauna ribbing all over the planet, live in a cyber punk universe where the corporations are countries, live in the endless cycle of Dragon's Dogma as dragons live and take the hearts of humans to hunt them. Reality is perceived on how we create our own worlds much like how the Multiverse itself is practically infinite and unpredictable, yet our information about this reason or even the knowabouts of the Multiverse can even be incomplete.

12 minutes ago, Freelancer27 said:

I take the mental part of our co-existence partially complete since I do find the reality of "multiple lives" idea being as vague as our religious preferences may be. They are all written in marks that living lives of different worlds do exist, but we are not really sure how it works in a mystical/magical point of view.

I may believe that if you die, another universe will take your perspective there as your life has passed. Another world, another perspective, and you literally won't remember who you were before you set your very first figment of vision to this new world.

Like live in a world where Hitler actually got successful in World War 2, live in a world where Chinese did struck war before the 21st Century, live in a fantasy world similar to RWBY but risk of fauna ribbing all over the planet, live in a cyber punk universe where the corporations are countries, live in the endless cycle of Dragon's Dogma as dragons live and take the hearts of humans to hunt them. Reality is perceived on how we create our own worlds much like how the Multiverse itself is practically infinite and unpredictable, yet our information about this reason or even the knowabouts of the Multiverse can even be incomplete.

Ive seen what many call the afterlife and you are correct everything is possible you just have to either make it yourself or choose to go there.Theres something called the veil which I'm currently researching which causes you not to remember your past life though you agree to everything that happens to you willingly including during this life before this life. Don't worry about it, when we die we know everything so....your wasting your time worrying when you could use that time to make someone else happier in life. Also realites basically a game so.....yeah, theres that. The real REALity is after or before this.

I believe that once the brain dies, it is simple non-existence. No afterlife, no dreams, no thoughts, no hopes. And once it rots enough, there is no hope to bring that brain back to life. After that, it's just nothingness where you have no consciousness, so you don't care about it.

The mere thought terrifies me enough to hope that there is an afterlife, or we invent or concoct something that allows a human brain to come back from death.
I don't care if I am immobilized for eternity, I just don't want to die.

I maybe the only one but here's what I think: I think we're just going to live again. Now hold on to your seats, just hear me out. Instead of actually going to Heaven or Hell because they don't actually exist but you go to a Limbo only to relive again in a new body with no memories of the past. It's like we're living in a circle that can't be broken and we're just gonna proceed as this for eternity. We can't truly die, only to be brought back as another person.

I believe after death I go to a place where there are no longer sickness, sorrow or pain. No war but only peace and no hate but only love. I will be reunited with my dead loved ones and will walk with them on streets of gold and wonderful lush gardens. I would live in a beautiful home which would be unlike any home you see here on earth.

I like this Lord of the rings quote.

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.

Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. 

Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?

Gandalf: White shores, and beyond, a far green countryunder a swift sunrise.

Pippin: Well, that isn't bad.

Gandalf: No. No, it isn't.

There are many theories as to what happens or if nothing happens at all. What we can say for sure is that their is a body left behind. All you can do is choose a theory that you think is best, it may help you sleep at night or guide you through life.

I personally like the energy theory most, it's poetic science although I'm not poetic as some. Life is a chemical energy without it nothing can live. A body can degrade and be destroyed but energy can only be changed and transferred. So when your body can no longer function that chemical energy becomes life for whatever feeds off you.

To put it more poetically here is an excerpt from Philip Reeve's Mortal Engine series:

Spoiler

In the fitful sunlight Tom and Hester began to swell and darken beneath their shroud of flies. Worms and beetles fed on them, and birds flew down to take their eyes and tongues. Soon the smell attracted small mammals, who had been going hungry in that cheerless summer.

Shrike did not move. He shut down his systems one by one until only his mind were awake. He watched the graceful architecture of Tom and Hester’s skeletons emerge, their bare skulls leaning together like two eggs in a nest of wet hair. Winter heaped snow over them; the rains of spring washed them clean.

Next summer's grass grew thick and green beneath them, and an oak sapling sprouted in the white basket of Hester's ribs.

Shrike did not move. He shut down his systems one by one until only his mind were awake. He watched the graceful architecture of Tom and Hester’s skeletons emerge, their bare skulls leaning together like two eggs in a nest of wet hair. Winter heaped snow over them; the rains of spring washed them clean.

The small bones of their hands and feet scattered into the grass like dice; larger ones were tumbled and gnawed by foxes; they turned grey and crumbly and it became hard to tell whose had been whose.

The oak sapling grew into a tree, spread out a canopy that blushed green in summer and threw dancing shadows over Shrike; shed acorns that became new saplings, grew old, trailed beards of lichen, died and fell and rotted, giving up its goodness to the roots of younger trees which were spreading down the hillside to the lake.

Shrike sank deeper into his fugue. Stars blurred over him; seasons linked at him. The trees became a wood. Bare branches breathed in, exhaled green leaves, turned golden, bare, breathed in.

Sure I could of used the Lion King's circle of life speech but that's too easy and over used :P

Edited by Postal_pat

2 hours ago, Sartactics said:

I maybe the only one but here's what I think: I think we're just going to live again. Now hold on to your seats, just hear me out. Instead of actually going to Heaven or Hell because they don't actually exist but you go to a Limbo only to relive again in a new body with no memories of the past. It's like we're living in a circle that can't be broken and we're just gonna proceed as this for eternity. We can't truly die, only to be brought back as another person.

Really hoping that's not the case

Just now, Sartactics said:

Why? Too wall breaking?

Meh, I just find something like heaven or even nonexistence much more appealing than living another life, with the possibility existing that you are born into a really S#&$ty one where you can't even better your current situation because there are no options