Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A life much easier for Traders!

ilumanadim

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

The only problem with trading is need to go through 2 loading screens. Trade window should be accessible from chat in some way.

That alongside special group chats should have come with Chat UI 2.0 but guess not.

Deja Vu just punched me in the face right there, so allow me to hit it back:

I think it's time for DE to drop the hammer on this and say NO during a Devstream or something. maybe hearing it from the horse's mouth will reduce the number of Auction House requests. it ain't happening people.

3 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

If that were compatible with all versions, I would be ecstatic. But as spam-happy as the PC version's trade channel is, PS4 is far worse for three reasons. 1) Typing on a qwerty is frustrating; 2) we have fewer methods of generating plat; and 3) without a Steam community, many PS4 players play mostly blind and don't know the value of what they have. Inexperienced or impatient players drive prices down by undercutting for quick sales, and the rest of us have to reduce prices to compete. Plat trades on console are worth, on average, 10-20% of what you'd expect on PC. The argument inexperienced players make is that plat trades are unrealistic for new players; what they don't take into account is that, if trades were worth half as much as on PC, they could make a handsome profit without spending dozens of hours farming the newest, rarest parts. But the devaluation of the PS4 plat market means that's the only way to make plat.

PC may have other options, but we desperately need a sophisticated in-game trading mechanic.

Counterpoint!  We don't get the plat discount (just a single item market discount), so there's definitely less plat in circulation on console than on PC (plus, smaller market as a whole).  Therefore, our plat hasn't suffered as much from inflation.  10-20%?  ...That is either serious hyperbole, or I'm going to need proof.  General, widespread, charts, whole nine yards, because that is just wrong.  Seems to stabilize at about half, at worst, from my experience.  Typing ... yeah, irritating, but you've only got to type your ad once and the stupid console remembers what you said for like a week.  Can just type one letter and then confirm the inputs.  

An auction house, as we've all said, over and over again, would cause drastic undercutting of easy to get stuff, while plat collectors would corner the market on a few big ticket things.  If you're not a breeder (and how that would even work in an AH....), or someone sitting on thousands of plat already, who's capable of buying every Frost Prime and stupid Buzzkill (Baro hasn't given it to us yet) on the market in order to fix the price, an AH would kill your ability to maintain F2P.  Ironically, the very people asking for an AH in most cases would be the ones hurt most by it.  This constant trend of AH threads is fueled by get rich quick no effort to make money fantasies, and, as the economy of Warframe and any other online game is, in fact, a legitimate, real world economy, there is no such thing.  STAHP ASKING.

3 hours ago, Jawjee said:

This thing saved me a ton of time, and grief. No need for any auction house, just use this.

Thing is, with third party trading websites, you have to find one. Reach a point where both users are online, (which may be impossible in some countries) probabily negociate prices again and then eventually trade.

I'd rather just have an auction house that works along the line of you see item you like? purchase and instantly have it, plat goes to seller.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cwellann said:

Counterpoint!  We don't get the plat discount (just a single item market discount), so there's definitely less plat in circulation on console than on PC (plus, smaller market as a whole).  Therefore, our plat hasn't suffered as much from inflation.  10-20%?  ...That is either serious hyperbole, or I'm going to need proof.  General, widespread, charts, whole nine yards, because that is just wrong.  Seems to stabilize at about half, at worst, from my experience.  Typing ... yeah, irritating, but you've only got to type your ad once and the stupid console remembers what you said for like a week.  Can just type one letter and then confirm the inputs.  

An auction house, as we've all said, over and over again, would cause drastic undercutting of easy to get stuff, while plat collectors would corner the market on a few big ticket things.  If you're not a breeder (and how that would even work in an AH....), or someone sitting on thousands of plat already, who's capable of buying every Frost Prime and stupid Buzzkill (Baro hasn't given it to us yet) on the market in order to fix the price, an AH would kill your ability to maintain F2P.  Ironically, the very people asking for an AH in most cases would be the ones hurt most by it.  This constant trend of AH threads is fueled by get rich quick no effort to make money fantasies, and, as the economy of Warframe and any other online game is, in fact, a legitimate, real world economy, there is no such thing.  STAHP ASKING.

I wasn't advocating an auction house. In my first post, I said I was opposed to the idea, and proposed a trading method with more direct, personal engagement that expands on the existing Bazaar mechanics.

You don't have to take my word for it that console prices are so abysmal compared to PC. Research for yourself. I have experience with both, although far more experience with console.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

You don't have to take my word for it that console prices are so abysmal compared to PC. Research for yourself.

I have, every single thing I buy gets checked out on warframe market.  10-20% compared to PC is, as I said, extremely hyperbolic.  And to clarify, only the first paragraph was directed at you.  Second was just my opinion on an AH.

Just now, (PS4)Cwellann said:

I have, every single thing I buy gets checked out on warframe market.  10-20% compared to PC is, as I said, extremely hyperbolic.  And to clarify, only the first paragraph was directed at you.  Second was just my opinion on an AH.

Fair enough. I'm new to WF Market, so I can't speak to that. But I see parts hypothetically worth 60p going for 10-15p. That's the norm. Occasionally, you'll find a buyer who hasn't been sitting on trade chat for hours, and is unaware that people are selling... say... Saryn Prime Chassis for 20p, and in those cases you can potentially get a sale of 50-60p.

There was a conclusion here. It's drunk now.

Bargaining is very interesting if you are willing to spend time on it. You can earn more and spend less on the same stuff, normally I spend half playing time on trading channel. Honestly I hate AH as it will ruin all the fun and seriously only those who are too lazy to do a price check, which only cost you like 30 seconds, will get scammed.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Those in favor of change: we're not getting it, you're wasting your breath. The sad, horrible truth is no counter-argument or debate is going to make people change their minds because fear keeps them rooted in line. Just abandon trade altogether and move on with your game. But do NOT trade if you don't want to. Be patient. There's nothing you can't get on your own except slots. Don't participate in the system and it will cease to affect you. 

By creating the Bazaar, they've acknowledged that Trade Chat was in need of change, so the question is already before the developers, its the implementation and the nature of its re-design that has to solidify in their minds.

Until something is changed, remember that you aren't forced to use any system, so if it annoys you, opt out. DE still gets my money for Prime Access if I choose to support the game when a new one pops up, but Trade Chat just redistributes my plat among the player base, so I opt not to give it my money, and therefore perpetuate the cycle of needy people who need my plat to survive just having to bother somebody else. The choice is yours.

Edited by LilithBlack
Clarity and grammar

19 hours ago, Irorone said:

I fail to see how reduced prices in trade is a bad thing given people ask for 2 1/2 potatoes of plat just for a single prime part.

It would completely dive-bomb the economy.

• Prices would go way down means everything would become cheap and trading a lot profitable
  • > cheaper prices would mean people would no longer need to buy plat hurting DE financially
  • > less profitable trading will cripple the chance of earning plat without paying real money

Now you could argue that those 2 changes would kinda balance each other out. And in some ways that is true. Prime parts and mods would cost almost nothing so actual stuff you need would no longer require much plat. Problems would be skins and bundles. Those cost a lot of plat and almost no one would buy them anymore apart from a very small amount of people with too much money. Because their prices would appear even more obscene compared to the dive-bombed prices of everything else.

Short answer= An auction house would hurt DE financially and make skins and bundles basically unobtainable for most people. People think it would make trading easier, yet what is the point of that when items are no longer worth anything? Easy but pointless is no improvement.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

1 hour ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

It would completely dive-bomb the economy.

• Prices would go way down means everything would become cheap and trading a lot profitable
  • > cheaper prices would mean people would no longer need to buy plat hurting DE financially
  • > less profitable trading will cripple the chance of earning plat without paying real money

Now you could argue that those 2 changes would kinda balance each other out. And in some ways that is true. Prime parts and mods would cost almost nothing so actual stuff you need would no longer require much plat. Problems would be skins and bundles. Those cost a lot of plat and almost no one would buy them anymore apart from a very small amount of people with too much money. Because their prices would appear even more obscene compared to the dive-bombed prices of everything else.

Short answer= An auction house would hurt DE financially and make skins and bundles basically unobtainable for most people. People think it would make trading easier, yet what is the point of that when items are no longer worth anything? Easy but pointless is no improvement.

Even at HALF the current prices for particular prime parts ONE such part would be a new frame slot or FOUR weapon slots.  Also you sound like a corpus.

Somebody needs to buy the plat to begin with and THAT'S where DE makes their money not after it's been purchased and used for in game trading.

Less profitable would ONLY hurt those players who are plat trading to get skins which is the only part I'll concede is a downside.

It would NOT hurt DE's financial income significantly since actual money has to be spent to get plat in game (meaning DE'S got their money before the first trade).  It's not an "I think" it would make trade easier it would make trade easier. I've used that system in other games i.e. vindictus and it's nice not eagle eyeing trade chat or lounging around Maroo's Bazaar for an hour if you're lucky.  Easy, a better UI for trading, which is not pointless as it would streamline trading (since EVERYBODY seems to trade for plat these days). 

Final point an auction house would allow a player to sell their wares, and browse wanted item prices without having to ping trade/bazaar chat/3rd party site with relatively minimal effort.

Edited by Irorone