Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proc Questions

Yiix

Question

Q1. Do procs show by a icon next to the enemy/target/player? If so, what happens if you stack a proc?

Q2. Are procs indicated by the icons next to the damage number?

Q3. Do viral procs work on the player?

Thanks for any help.

12 answers to this question

Q1. Yep, proc icons show besides the enemy's health bar. Only DoT (slash, toxin, heat) and corrosive procs can stack. Gas too, since it deals toxin damage.

Q2. I believe so, the icons next to the damage numbers tell you that you just proc'd the enemy. The on that appears on the health bar simply means that they are currently under the proc's effects.

Q3. Yup they do, Grineer Powerfists can proc you with viral :P

Edit: Thanks for clearing it up @Katinka!

Edited by Acreox

5 minutes ago, Acreox said:

Q1. Yep, proc icons show besides the enemy's health bar. Only corrosive proc can stack.

Q2. I believe so, the icons next to the damage numbers tell you that you just proc'd the enemy. The on that appears on the health bar simply means that they are currently under the proc's effects.

Q3. Yup they do, Grineer Powerfists can proc you with viral :P

Not sure about 1 and 2, but I'd say 90% sure :o 

What happens if you proc slash twice? Does it just reset it? And since corrosive stacks, what icon shows next to the enemy name? It doesn't show more than one corrosive symbol, does it?

3 minutes ago, Acreox said:

Q1. Yep, proc icons show besides the enemy's health bar. Only corrosive proc can stack.

Damage dealing procs (Slash, Heat, Toxin) can be stacked up to give multiple DoTs at once.  Seeing a Corrupted Ancient take on a room's worth of Toxin procs after Truth hit everything around it with Gas was quite amusing.

3 minutes ago, Kaiayi said:

What happens if you proc slash twice? Does it just reset it? And since corrosive stacks, what icon shows next to the enemy name? It doesn't show more than one corrosive symbol, does it?

Welp, it seems slash proc can stack, so it doesn't reset it. It simply adds on ^^ This scales with critical hits and headshots, meaning that the DoT would deal more damage if it was a critical/headshot that initiated the proc.

You can't really tell how many corrosive procs you have on an enemy, but this icon will appear: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/f/fc/Corrosive_b.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/18?cb=20140124221426&format=webp (can't find a better image currently, its in the top left and its very small lol)

I don't think there are multiple icons, so all you get is the single one.

Edited by Acreox

2 minutes ago, Kaiayi said:

All procs stack differently. Magnetic procs, when stacked, make the effect permanent and increase the intensity. Viral, however, will only increase the duration when stacked. When slash procs, in sets an instance of 'bleed' which can stack and do a lot of damage. I don't think there' are ways to check if it has stacked but I may be wrong.

Heat DOT does not stack;  slash, poison, and gas DOT stacks.

Corrosion stacks by removing 25% of target's current armor value each time (diminishing returns approaching zero) and is permanent for the life of that target. Armored enemies can be made to no longer have armor or be considered armored, given enough corrosion procs to reduce their armor value below 0.5 (rounded to zero).

4 minutes ago, Tyranem said:

All procs stack differently. Magnetic procs, when stacked, make the effect permanent and increase the intensity. Viral, however, will only increase the duration when stacked. When slash procs, in sets an instance of 'bleed' which can stack and do a lot of damage. I don't think there' are ways to check if it has stacked but I may be wrong.

So... If magnetic procs stack they are made permanent and increase the intensity? Or are they already permanent?

10 minutes ago, BrokenBullet said:

The Slash Proc will stack on top of each other, so meaning they'll bleed twice as much. And Corrosive Proc Icon will stay the same even stacked. No Proc Icon will be shown more than once

When slash procs stack, are they combined, or do they act as seperate effects?

1 hour ago, Kaiayi said:

Q1. Do procs show by a icon next to the enemy/target/player? If so, what happens if you stack a proc?

Q2. Are procs indicated by the icons next to the damage number?

Q3. Do viral procs work on the player?

Thanks for any help.

Q1 : yes, you can't see if a proc is stacked or not.

Q2 : yes

Q3 : yes, it'll divide the max HP by 2

2 hours ago, Kaiayi said:

So... If magnetic procs stack they are made permanent and increase the intensity? Or are they already permanent?

Correct. Viral and Magnetic procs are innately temporary. The 75%/50% shield/health reduction only lasts as long as the status duration. When you stack magnetic procs, the status effect becomes permanent. This is not the case with viral procs.