Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips on conclave?

SasoDuck

Question

So I'm trying to get the Lex and Strun Conclave skins because I hear they can be used in PvE in addition to Conclave (if this is wrong please stop me here so I'm not wasting my time). I personally hate Conclave (it's horribly imbalanced, too fast, too random, too gimmicky, frame powers either don't work at all or are OP, etc etc), but I really want these Conclave skins. I like how the regular Lex looks better than Lex Prime, so I'm hoping to get the Lex Conclave skin, being the only skin currently available for the Lex, so I can put it on my Lex Prime.

Some questions I have about Conclave:

- What are the best weapons for someone who's sh*t at Conclave? I have every weapon in the game, even the Braton Vandal, so don't exclude anything.

- How can I reliably find a game? It seems like I click on any of the game modes and it finds either nobody, or it'll find one or two people and they'll get tired of waiting and leave before the minimum player count is reached. This is with recruit conditioning off AND on.

- What are some tips to gain rep in Conclave fast? I looked at the daily challenges and while I've been able to win a few matches simply because I'm fairly good at FPS games, I'm terrible at getting things like killstreaks or the other challenge requirements, so getting daily challenges looks like it'll be hard if not impossible for me, short of the "play one match" challenges.

- Is my rep per game affected by my performance? ie if I totally tank will I get less rep than if I come in first place?

- Assuming at every rank-up I choose a new sigil to increase rep gain, about how many matches total does it usually take to get to the highest rank?

Thanks

Edited by SasoDuck

17 answers to this question

Hey, glad to see you're giving it a try! Just keep in mind, you will get rep with teshin far faster than you will get good. Update 18.5 introduced recruit conditioning, which separates players rank 0-2 and 3+. I looked at your profile ingame and noticed that you're still rank 2, so don't rank up to 3 until you are absolutely sure, so you can play with other beginners (yes, you're a beginner. MR21 means nothing in pvp.) This will help you out a lot, and you've got to make sure you get all the mods and experience you can before "graduating" from recruit conditioning. Make sure you top those rounds and are confident in your abilities. Don't just keep ranking up so that you can get that syandana as fast as possible. 

Also, all weapons are rebalanced. Variants are just that - variants. Give and take. Typically, primes and such are going to have lower damage, but higher firerate/magazine size/whatever, so don't be afraid to build some old, unused weapons, because pretty much all of them are quite viable.

On top of that, try not to rely on crutches or "cheesing." Things like excessive powers, melee spamming, explosive weapons, etc. might get you some good kills, and you might even do pretty good with them, but you're just going to end up hitting a wall where you won't be able to get better with those weapons. On top of that, crutches can usually be countered and you'll run into players who can do so and then will absolutely destroy you.

Also, there's a discord channel specifically for conclave, we always love helping out pvp beginners, so join us and let us know how you're doing! https://discord.gg/0o35sDMUR9RSWTWz

Here are a couple videos that might help you out, too:

Edited by Phasedragon

This is from my experience as someone who made it to typhoon but hates conclave.

1.You can try spray and pray weapons. The dera vandal doesnt seem to have been nerfed  recently as far as I know and feels disproportionately powerful. Just keep bullet jumping at your target and spraying. Some players take the staticor and a mobile frame and just parkour into other players for the cheap guaranteed knockdown and spam them to death.

In general though, if your twitch aim is bad, you're going to have a bad time. If you come across someone who is lagging, you're going to have a bad time. If you come against a veteran conclave player, you're going to really have a bad time.

2. The ability to find an available game in a particular game mode depends on the time of day, luck, and alignment of the stars. If the desired mode doesnt have a game, try another, or try again later. During peak times in the evenings you'll usually find a game pretty fast or if you start it yourself the game will populate pretty fast.

3. There really isnt a way to gain rep fast other than the challenges. I think you get 1-3k if you manage to come in first. Try your best to complete the weekly mission. Thats 50k right there. Only do this if the weekly mission just reset so that way you have around 6 or so daily challenges of leeway. I know some people cheese the daily challenges by somehow getting an entire match to cooperate and rotate kills but not sure how this happens.

4. I dont think sigils give additional rep anymore? You should get conclave rep whether or not you have a sigil on. They are pretty though.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

I'll give my Dera Vandal a spin. Right now I'm using my Prima Grakata, which has netted me a few victories and close losses. 

What would you say are peak hours (PST)? Like 5-9? 

So to clarify, does winning earn you more rep than losing? There's no end-of-game indicator of exactly how much you've earned. Good to know that the sigils don't use rep, although that kinda makes the grind worse.

How long did it take you to become Typhoon?

No experience with PST. Sorry.

I am not too sure if winning gives more rep than losing. You would need to ask someone who paid more attention in conclave than me.

Probably around 2.5 weeks of 20-40 minutes daily of trying to grind out easy daily rewards and use up as much of my daily syndicate allowance as possible. I finished one or two weekly missions I think. That actually helped out a lot.

2 hours ago, TheMinisterOfSound said:

don't stop moving and use a auto-fire weapon

Yeah it seems like shotguns and marksman rifles get the short end of the stick. When I first tried Conclave I went in expecting my Hek to be the god it is in coop... it was not. 

ADirtyMonk's 1st post pretty much covers it.

I'd recommend a variety of Braton - due to lack of spinup -, but it depends on your target's mobility and even just in general ymmv.

Gorgon, Soma were the common picks from what I saw.

Your rep is directly linked to how well you, personally, do; and winning gives you +50%.

Sigils are (thankfully) decoupled from Conclave Rep gain.

For better or worse, if all you want is the skins your safest/fastest/best bet is to find a people who'll trade daily challenges with you.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

My Loadout is Sancti Tigris Lex Prime and Jat Kittag

Here is how it flows together(Get holster mods they help)

1:Shoot your two shots with the tigris

2:If they survive switch to lex prime and finish off the fleeing target

3: I use Loki so Jat kittag is pretty funny when your invisible crushing the life out of your opponents

That sounds like it takes way better aim than I have :P

5 hours ago, Chroia said:

ADirtyMonk's 1st post pretty much covers it.

I'd recommend a variety of Braton - due to lack of spinup -, but it depends on your target's mobility and even just in general ymmv.

Gorgon, Soma were the common picks from what I saw.

Your rep is directly linked to how well you, personally, do; and winning gives you +50%.

Sigils are (thankfully) decoupled from Conclave Rep gain.

For better or worse, if all you want is the skins your safest/fastest/best bet is to find a people who'll trade daily challenges with you.

That's actually disappointing to me. I'd rather see the same rep gain no matter how well you did-- with rep being dependent on your performance, that just punishes bad players and boosts already-good players. That's one reason I hate Conclave. The absolute freaking imbalance. Now I'm going to feel even worse when I lose because I'll know I'm not getting as much. And no, that's a reason for me to get better, it's just a reason for me to not want to play it. Sorry if that sounds rant-y, I'm just really frustrated with Conclave and all this stuff that's locked behind it. I will take whatever PvE grindwall they have to throw at me, but when there's stuff I want that requires me to go up against human players, most of whom are diehard PvP players, that just upsets me.

I might give your suggestion a go, and see if maybe Recruiting can help me out with those dailies.

Edited by SasoDuck

On 4/5/2016 at 0:52 PM, OG_DragonSkllzz said:

The best way I've found of doing challenges is setting yourself to public, invite some friends untill you reach the minimum needed for the gamemode and gving each other the challenges for free, if randoms join you leave at the end of the match and start over, or offer to boost their challenges and killcount if they do the same for you. It's how one of my friends and I are doing it atm, cause we both kinda suck at conclave.

My issue is I can lead enemies or aim really quickly to shoot them because theyre slightly predictable, in conclave people constantly vary at what speed theyre moving, what direction etc. so I just cant aim properly. Any tips regarding accuracy vs players would be nice (I really dislike spraying amd praying).

P.S.: if you want I'll trade challenges with you if we happen to be online at the same time.

I'd love to. I'm off to bed right now, but I'll add you tomorrow. What time zone are you?

Hey, it's really heartening to see fellow Tenno come together to give each other a helping hand.

In that case, I'll give some tips too.

1. WARFRAMES

Frost is a good option because of his high shield, and his Snow Globe is a quick way to laugh at a pursuer. Just drop it down when they're close and melee them from the back. 

But do keep in mind that you are slower than everyone else, and even if you try making a run for it you'll be moving hilariously slow. Faster frames like Loki or Nezha might come in handy when up against opponents wielding automatic rifles or bows.

Now, Warframe abilities, not all are viable in Conclave. Some take too long to cast, others don't do much. As mentioned before, Snow Globe is pretty good. Slash Dash has also killed me a lot, so I'm assuming it's also quite effective. Invisibility on Loki can help your survivability, Nyx's Mind Control and Mag's Pull can stagger targets, Trinity can just Bless her way through, Inaros' Dessication can be very annoying too. I'd say most frames are good in Conclave, but it's the weapons that usually matter more.

2. WEAPONS

Where do I start? Well, it all boils down to how you fight what you fight.

Usually, Impact damage is best because many people (From my experience) bring in frames with high shields. If you like bows, use the Rakta Cernos. If you like machineguns, just take the Gorgon. If you like Shotguns, the Strun is actually better than the Boar. From what I've heard, the Daikyu takes practice but can be VERY lethal. The Tonkor, Penta, Soma Prime, Braton Series and Miter (Yes. The Miter.) are also very dangerous. 

Or maybe it's just that I get killed too often with these because I'm not good at PvP.

Secondaries offer some surprising utility. The Bronco is extremely powerful (Not the Prime one) because of the very high Impact damage and fire rate. I made a post about it on the Bronco's wiki page, you can check it out. The Sonicor can knock down targets on a direct hit, the Akstilleto are almost as good as the Gorgon, as well as the Twin Viper and Akzani. But choose something YOU ENJOY USING. That's the most important.

Melee weapons are not usually the main form of attack, but I have seen the Jat Kittag's ability to knock opponents down, so that's pretty good. The Kogake are very effective in close range, and the Dark Dagger is VERY dangerous with Heartseeker. I don't use melee much myself, so I can't offer any more insight here.

3 TACTICS AND STRATEGIES

It really depends on how you want to play.

But it's important to keep moving because there may be someone with a Daikyu aiming at you at any point in time.

You do NOT want to take a Daikyu to the face. It's the quickest way to lose your face.

Camping near Energy Orbs can also be effective provided that you can defend the point effectively.

When under heavy fire, Bullet Jumping may not be the best getaway. Rolling and sliding make you a smaller target, rolling can give some damage mitigation too.

Fire assault rifles in short bursts, lead targets with bows and launchers, it's easy to learn and very hard to master.

I'm not very good at Conclave myself, but I hope some of my tips help!

Tips: learn to move a lot, play with sensitivity sliders until you get a setting that fits your hand. Practice on pve killing small enemies with precise weapons on while moving fast (some players recommend going to fight jackal and kill ospreys while trying to stay away from the ground)

About your questions, if you're not good at aiming, you can always use an annoying bullethose. a shotgun will work if you're good at closing gaps and dodging to shot enemies in the face.

To find matches, try setting your ping limit between 200-300 and try different regions, NA east has matches available almost always (but has also many skilled players who usually give advices if you ask them) annihilation matches are more likely to be found than TA or CTC.

Try doing your dailies to gain more rep, it doesn't coun for daily limit. Also try doing weekly tasks, teshin rewards them with 50K standing (or whatever is needed to fill your reputation level cap if lower than 50K) + a rare stance (I got an uncommon one last week) and 100K credits

On 5/4/2016 at 4:52 PM, OG_DragonSkllzz said:

The best way I've found of doing challenges is setting yourself to public, invite some friends untill you reach the minimum needed for the gamemode and gving each other the challenges for free, if randoms join you leave at the end of the match and start over, or offer to boost their challenges and killcount if they do the same for you. It's how one of my friends and I are doing it atm, cause we both kinda suck at conclave.

My issue is I can lead enemies or aim really quickly to shoot them because theyre slightly predictable, in conclave people constantly vary at what speed theyre moving, what direction etc. so I just cant aim properly. Any tips regarding accuracy vs players would be nice (I really dislike spraying amd praying).

P.S.: if you want I'll trade challenges with you if we happen to be online at the same time.

Did you know? Hosting a match and leaving before it ends leads to everyone else losing their progress, be it rep count and accomplished dailies, which are also removed from the list, leaving no chance to do them again and making all the progress of that match (dailies included) get lost into the rift. Don't make other players waste their time by quitting at the last moment, not being good conclave is no reason to be an a*****e. On the other hand, host migrations are always annoying af.

18 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Tips: learn to move a lot, play with sensitivity sliders until you get a setting that fits your hand. Practice on pve killing small enemies with precise weapons on while moving fast (some players recommend going to fight jackal and kill ospreys while trying to stay away from the ground)

About your questions, if you're not good at aiming, you can always use an annoying bullethose. a shotgun will work if you're good at closing gaps and dodging to shot enemies in the face.

To find matches, try setting your ping limit between 200-300 and try different regions, NA east has matches available almost always (but has also many skilled players who usually give advices if you ask them) annihilation matches are more likely to be found than TA or CTC.

Try doing your dailies to gain more rep, it doesn't coun for daily limit. Also try doing weekly tasks, teshin rewards them with 50K standing (or whatever is needed to fill your reputation level cap if lower than 50K) + a rare stance (I got an uncommon one last week) and 100K credits

Did you know? Hosting a match and leaving before it ends leads to everyone else losing their progress, be it rep count and accomplished dailies, which are also removed from the list, leaving no chance to do them again and making all the progress of that match (dailies included) get lost into the rift. Don't make other players waste their time by quitting at the last moment, not being good conclave is no reason to be an a*****e. On the other hand, host migrations are always annoying af.

Oh, I just ask at the start of a match if they wanna trade challenges, if not I'll leave straight away rather than waiting 'till the end of a match, so nothing's really happened, it's rare anyone even joins at all most of the time in my experience though. Did not know it made people lose progress though, but I never quit a match that's already partway in progress on purpose, only at the start or once it's over.