Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe CGI commercial: What song would you pick?

(PSN)FriendSharkey

After catching the latest Smite: Battle Ground of the God "To Hell and Back" Commercial featuring the song by the Slaves called Sockets, what  song would you want for Warframe if De were to produce such an animation featuring your favorite frames? 

How do you envision Warframe's epic like Starcraft, League Of Legends, World of Warcraft CGI marketing  spectacle set to some hard hitting music meant to get players interested in the game? 

For me I like a few songs, between Revelle's "What you Got", Chevelle's "Hats off to the Bull" and "Face to the Floor"  to Pixies "Where is my Mind" to the slower build up like Foo Fighters "Come Alive", or Snow Patrols "The Lightning Strike." But that's just my own personal taste. And I know it's horrible, lol. So...

What's your epic song for this game? 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

24 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

After catching the latest Smite: Battle Ground of the God "To Hell and Back" Commercial featuring the song by the Slaves called Sockets, what  song would you want for Warframe if De were to produce such an animation featuring your favorite frames? 

How do you envision Warframe's epic like Starcraft, League Of Legends, World of Warcraft CGI marketing  spectacle set to some hard hitting music meant to get players interested in the game? 

For me I like a few songs, between Revelle's "What you Got", Chevelle's "Hats off to the Bull" and "Face to the Floor"  to Pixies "Where is my Mind" to the slower build up like Foo Fighters "Come Alive", or Snow Patrols "The Lightning Strike." But that's just my own personal taste. And I know it's horrible, lol. So...

What's your epic song for this game? 

Maybe It Has Begun by Starset, it just kinda fits if you imagine the right scene in your head

Depends on who gets to say what is in the commercial? If it is the DE then it will probably be some epic space adventure trying to make the tenno look heroic against the greneer. If it is designed by DE Steve then it will be basically DYNASTY WARRIORS IN SPAAAAACCCEEE! AKA very gory, very fast paced, and full of different Tenno using cool guns. 

Anything designed by DE Steve will either be stupidly cool and overthetop or actually well thought out and insightful. (The later is less often)

Edited by Feallike

I'm with @VoidNomade.  I've always loved the contrast of the void theme to the massive slaughter, and I feel like DE knocked it out of the park with the Second Dream theme.  Also, my absolute favorite gaming video/music pairing is in the spoiler (Destiny related), kinda illustrates the contrast thing.  Hmmm, Loreena McKennitt's Canadian.  Maybe they should give her a call.

Spoiler

Hey look, thousandth post.  yay!

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann
Forgot to actually finish my sentence

9 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Whatever, point is, I wouldn't pick anything outside Warframe. Warframe has good music and doesn't need outside music tacked on. 

See this pandering to a demographic that is already committed to the game. You want to reach new players with a CGI spectacle commercial, I'm sure Smite has its own soundtrack that its own committed player base would defend to death, much like Halo and Marty's music. But you're just singing to the Pulpit and Choir while a mainstream song can convey the story in its own way.

Slaves Sockets is revolving around a stunning female, in the Hell and Back video Smite is zeroing in on Belladonna the main warrior female and her two fellow fighters Ymer and Loki. The song is invoking a response to the story while setting the pace that someone new to Smite would be saying what's going on? This is awesome! Lets goto moar and look this up. 

Saddly to be dissapointed though because the CGI pace is nothing like the actual game, where Warframe could actually present gameplay that could easily match a high impact musical selection. 

Dont get me wrong, I like the epic music in the Second Dream, but the excercise is picking something outside the safe and secure and trying to reach as many new eyes as possible while invoking something they can relate with. Not what you relate with as a seasoned Warframe player. 

I used to be big into Smite and when I saw that trailer I thought it had horrible music choice, makes it feel like some Shrek trailer.

As for what would be good for a similar WF trailer? Nothing like that, that's for sure. New music made for it by Keith Power or just other music from the game itself, maybe even a remix of something stitched together from various WF tracks.