The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 72 | The Second Dream [Huge Spoilers]

Ibro156

So if you have watched Devstream 72 couple of days back, which I just watched because of life. Basically, DERebecca ask DESteve about why and what's the reason he went with the Idea of the Tenno just being kids. When I did the Second Dream, which was great and really badly need a replay button! Seriously, hows is this not a thing yet?. As the Idea of the Tenno being kids gave the game more of moral grey area to me, not sure if that was a intentional or not but that made game for me more intriguing on how this was going to play out. The Idea of the Players are playing kids on overpowered VR machine was refreshing take, as anything with guns need oversized muscle meat head that can take on a army. I've seen games like COD, BOF, Destiny and anything else that has a beffy body builder for a protagonist that isn't afraid of nothing on a yearly release. None of these games are bad, infact many of them are great fun to be played and even more with friends. But back to the topic, which am really glad that Steve went threw with idea. As it sucked me in more into the game and made it more interesting for me with its lore and characters. Throughout entire game I wasn't really interested with the Idea of Tenno being in the suit, but I figured that out way before the second dream and they were on the moon, just didn't knew they were going to be kids. Anywas, that's my thoughts, so whats yours on the Operator?

I know am bit late to the party... 

Edited by Ibro156

Honestly I find the Zariman kids to be utterly uninteresting. It's whatever hulking mass of barely-restrained neurotic rage that dwells inside the Warframe's armored plates that I want to know more about

(Also Zariman kid does not equal Tenno. Zariman kid plus warframe equals Tenno)

Regarding the Second Dream revelation? 

While I thought it was a little cliche (see Matrix, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Avatar..etc). I like the fact that they took a risk and are sticking by their decision. I also like how they acknowledged that YES, this does alienate some players but that this was the direction they intended to go on.

Personally i think It works well in terms of a story telling aspect. Other theories ive heard about Tenno/Warframe identity (beams of light, globs of infested flesh, computer programs...etc. ) were interesting but felt like dead ends when it came to telling a story. Other than having actual people in the suits (which does not work with how warframes work anyways), this I feel worked the best in order for DE to be able to explore more lore possibilities and develop a connection to the character. We need more content and quests regarding the Operator though. 

The weird helmet and feet shapes, always make me think that there wasn't a human inside the suits, and from all the posibilities there were I'm happy with the one they choose, the other alternative a lot of people expected would be probably even more cliche, if the alternative that the tenno are (young) adults inside the warframes remained, that  would leave us as a squad of adults wearing colorful suits with weird helmets, no different than Power rangers.

20 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

I never wanted to be a crippled 15 year old. 

I wanted to be a badass space ninja. 

I've come to terms with it though. 

They're not crippled. Their muscles have decreased after being a sleep for multiple generation. They just need a good rehabilitation workout :P 

Who knows this might be a thing one day? Operator going against the Shadow Stalker one on one. Operator versue Warframe. That might be an actual epic battle xD

Edited by Ibro156

4 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

They're not crippled. Their muscles have decreased after being a sleep for multiple generation. They just need a good rehabilitation workout :P 

Who knows this might be a thing on day? Operator going against the Shadow Stalker one on one. Operator versue Warframe. That might be an actual epic battle xD

Except for the fact that their frail child bodies explode from channeling void energy. 

After playing second dream I wanted to throw my operator out the airlock.