The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma....he has some problems

3 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

The problem is that the stun will only work 6/10 times! Again, i can be confident that something like shock, fireblast, or hell, even pull will work 100% of the time when i want a stun, but when it can only stun 60% of the time...

The thing is, I use it on groups of enemies, and not just one. However I don't know how you use it, it's a benefit to me and my strategies, but not a benefit in doing damage.

Thanks to the A.I. I have a wall of enemies covering me from heavy damage or I just use it to get a easy kill.

By the way, you do know that chroma's effigy spams the scream quite often right?...I'm not sure how much but I do know it is quite effective but not as strong as radial blind, of course you do know that the pelt is killing.......so yeah.

Just maybe...if the chroma's pelt scaled with your vex armor and elemental ward regardless of range....I would like that to happen, however a rework? probably going a bit overboard but I don't think vex+elemental ward should be combined that just seems like powercreep...I'm fine where he is, I don't use him for tool usage like credit farming.

2 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

The thing is, I use it on groups of enemies, and not just one. However I don't know how you use it, it's a benefit to me and my strategies, but not a benefit in doing damage.

Thanks to the A.I. I have a wall of enemies covering me from heavy damage or I just use it to get a easy kill.

By the way, you do know that chroma's effigy spams the scream quite often right?...I'm not sure how much but I do know it is quite effective but not as strong as radial blind, of course you do know that the pelt is killing.......so yeah.

Just maybe...if the chroma's pelt scaled with your vex armor and elemental ward regardless of range....I would like that to happen, however a rework? probably going a bit overboard but I don't think vex+elemental ward should be combined that just seems like powercreep...I'm fine where he is, I don't use him for tool usage like credit farming.

I want him to be able to tank, and while he can, he can only for about a minute before he has to recast vex and ward and reboost his armor. I feel like making vex and ward recastable without having to wait for the timer to run out would do chroma a whole load of good

1 hour ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

The only reason I use it is to reach extraction faster after a mission...

you're missing some fun if you haven't popped effigy in a stream of creepy crawlies in Heircon and fried them with your flame thrower while they jumped on your decoy.  Or pop effigy in a hallway in a T4 D and watch the mob gather around him while your team lobs tonkor shells into them. 

:)

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

30 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I want him to be able to tank, and while he can, he can only for about a minute before he has to recast vex and ward and reboost his armor. I feel like making vex and ward recastable without having to wait for the timer to run out would do chroma a whole load of good

But the thing is....chroma already does a lot of damage.....Like he's really powerful....defy or hysteria couldn't overide his use in sheer damage.

Hysteria's claws are short ranged...which is bad at times.

Defy is just, no damage increase what so ever.

I'm not exactly sure what we can relate vex armor too, however since there is nothing except invincibility or damage reduction, I can't really say for sure.

Making Vex armor and Elemental ward recastable seems a bit...there....I'm not exactly sure by Re-boost, I think you meant restart the ability?

7 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

you're missing some fun if you haven't popped effigy in a stream of creepy crawlies in Heircon and fried them with your flame thrower while they jumped on your decoy.  Or pop effigy in a hallway in a T4 D and watch the mob gather around him while your team lobs tonkor shells into them. 

:)

I could do that with loki's decoy, or sayrns molt. And those dont cost ten energy a sec

3 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

But the thing is....chroma already does a lot of damage.....Like he's really powerful....defy or hysteria couldn't overide his use in sheer damage.

Hysteria's claws are short ranged...which is bad at times.

Defy is just, no damage increase what so ever.

I'm not exactly sure what we can relate vex armor too, however since there is nothing except invincibility or damage reduction, I can't really say for sure.

Making Vex armor and Elemental ward recastable seems a bit...there....I'm not exactly sure by Re-boost, I think you meant restart the ability?

I want vex and ward to be like Ember's accelerant or Nyx's chaos, in that while they do have a timer, you can just restart the timer at the top with no loss of the current buffs. As it stands, if your 1.5 hours into survival with chroma, you have ~50 seconds of near Immortality, but once those 50 sexonds are up, you need to be out of the fray, or else your dead.

meanwhile, valkyr and wukong have no problems with those, as their abilities dont have to be recasted because of a timer. Hell, even rhino doesnt really have to worry as iron skin takes under a second to cast, and then it absorbs damage for 4 seconds. 

Just now, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I want vex and ward to be like Ember's accelerant or Nyx's chaos, in that while they do have a timer, you can just restart the timer at the top with no loss of the current buffs. As it stands, if your 1.5 hours into survival with chroma, you have ~50 seconds of near Immortality, but once those 50 sexonds are up, you need to be out of the fray, or else your dead.

meanwhile, valkyr and wukong have no problems with those, as their abilities dont have to be recasted because of a timer. Hell, even rhino doesnt really have to worry as iron skin takes under a second to cast, and then it absorbs damage for 4 seconds. 

Well again...that's kinda overpowered.....but I do get across why you want these buffs....however Vex armor gives a damage boost, so again, I'm not exactly sure how to scale it.

5 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

matters less when you have a focus passive energy siphon... although half that cost per sec would be welcome

I do, i use zenruik, get 4 energy a second, but the fact still stands, that i can go through my entire energy supply in nearly 1/2 the time it took to max my energy supply in the first place

Just now, Magnulast said:

Well again...that's kinda overpowered.....but I do get across why you want these buffs....however Vex armor gives a damage boost, so again, I'm not exactly sure how to scale it.

As overpowered as constant invincibility....and anyway, if you arent watching the timer, you can still goof and lose vex and ward, even with the ability to recast it while its active

As for the damage, maybe lower the percentage by a bit since it could be more constant...maybe

1 minute ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

As overpowered as constant invincibility....and anyway, if you arent watching the timer, you can still goof and lose vex and ward, even with the ability to recast it while its active

As for the damage, maybe lower the percentage by a bit since it could be more constant...maybe

I don't want either stats to be lowered if anything, it just makes him more complex to use.....I think it's overpowered because of it's potential to completely do more damage without sacrifice.

I want a simple, powerful, chroma, not a complex math problem. I disagree with the idea of stacking buffs, it's not that hard to regain the buff though...

Sacrifice for invincibility is kinda stiff, I don't use valkyr's invincibility as much because of limited range, and I don't use wukong's defy simply because I don't use that frame at all.

Chroma has no sacrifices, just pure, direct, damage and armor buffs. So as long it stays balanced or isn't affected by new features(EX: nerf damage for toggle) I'm fine.

2 hours ago, Magnulast said:

I don't want either stats to be lowered if anything, it just makes him more complex to use.....I think it's overpowered because of it's potential to completely do more damage without sacrifice.

I want a simple, powerful, chroma, not a complex math problem. I disagree with the idea of stacking buffs, it's not that hard to regain the buff though...

Sacrifice for invincibility is kinda stiff, I don't use valkyr's invincibility as much because of limited range, and I don't use wukong's defy simply because I don't use that frame at all.

Chroma has no sacrifices, just pure, direct, damage and armor buffs. So as long it stays balanced or isn't affected by new features(EX: nerf damage for toggle) I'm fine.

Personally, i cant why he has to have the sacrifices he does. Where valkyr sacrifices range for invincibility, chroma sacrifces his near invincibility and damage for lapses of times where he is very vulnerable. 

Either way, you have to at least agree his 1 and 4 need some fixing

10 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Personally, i cant why he has to have the sacrifices he does. Where valkyr sacrifices range for invincibility, chroma sacrifces his near invincibility and damage for lapses of times where he is very vulnerable. 

Either way, you have to at least agree his 1 and 4 need some fixing

I'm not sure by what means you mean 1 and 4 needs fixing.

4 shouldn't be able to credit farm, so no power cost decreasing at all.

1 shouldn't be a damage ability at all, nor was it intended when it was stated in the video to be used strategically.

17 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

I'm not sure by what means you mean 1 and 4 needs fixing.

4 shouldn't be able to credit farm, so no power cost decreasing at all.

1 shouldn't be a damage ability at all, nor was it intended when it was stated in the video to be used strategically.

Please stop saying the 1 can be used strategically...once in a while procing a fire, electro, toxin or cold proc on an enemy while losing energy, being slow, having extremely slow range thus making you a target practice for the enemies. I really can't see how it ever helped you anywhere. You could have just killed the enemies outright with your vex armor on and then proceed. Dead enemies = Best CC. And chroma excels at killing.

I see you seem to love chroma, so do i. But don't deny the obvious flaws that chroma has please.

Edited by IceColdHawk

4 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Please stop saying the 1 can be used strategically...once in a while procing a fire, electro, toxin or cold proc on an enemy while losing energy, being slow, having extremely slow range thus making you a target practice for the enemies. I really can't see how it ever helped you anywhere. You could have just killed the enemies outright with your vex armor on and then proceed. Dead enemies = Best CC. And chroma excels at killing.

I see you seem to love chroma, so do i. But don't deny the obvious flaws that chroma has please.

Hmmm, I could agree with you, sometimes spectral scream isn't good at all. But sometimes whenever the missions scales too hard, i have to run away, especially when vex armor goes away, and I have to restock. Spectral scream's stun isn't effective always, however it helps in some cases. I'm not saying damage wise, usually if I face a tough enemy...a nalpam...I usually prepare spectral scream and then use it on the target. But then again it doesn't scale in damage. I do agree that chroma excels at killing, but sometimes, you may have to use spectral scream to evade high damage. Well, in some cases, but not all.  It basically helps giving time to do other things(Fire stun, Ice cold, Gives time to reload/Recast abilties), but it's not always effective, and it's use is minimal. Because effigy. I'm not sure if it's a obvious flaw, it's been designed that way from the start. Effigy was not designed to be a credit farm machine either. I won't deny your intention to improve chroma and his effectiveness, but again, spectral scream is limited like elemental ward(CC proc). Not useful in all situations but useful in some.

3 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

Hmmm, I could agree with you, sometimes spectral scream isn't good at all. But sometimes whenever the missions scales too hard, i have to run away, especially when vex armor goes away, and I have to restock. Spectral scream's stun isn't effective always, however it helps in some cases. I'm not saying damage wise, usually if I face a tough enemy...a nalpam...I usually prepare spectral scream and then use it on the target. But then again it doesn't scale in damage. I do agree that chroma excels at killing, but sometimes, you may have to use spectral scream to evade high damage. Well, in some cases, but not all.  It basically helps giving time to do other things(Fire stun, Ice cold, Gives time to reload/Recast abilties), but it's not always effective, and it's use is minimal. Because effigy. I'm not sure if it's a obvious flaw, it's been designed that way from the start. Effigy was not designed to be a credit farm machine either. I won't deny your intention to improve chroma and his effectiveness, but again, spectral scream is limited like elemental ward(CC proc). Not useful in all situations but useful in some.

Hmm, can't really call that CC to be honest. But i see what you mean when vex armor expires. Look at me, i'm using zenurik to recast my 2 and 3 when they expire (thanks to zenurik i can screw carrier!!!). And when i cast 1 or 4, it deactivates my zenurik. For little to no benefit. Pair it with a energy leech eximus in near and i can prepare to throw a pizza for my 2 and 3. The thing is, you can just jump out of heat when you see 5 seconds left and then recast your things! Also important to let your shield recharge before fighting enemies with vex armor. Otherwise you get no armor boost and wonder why you're dead so quickly :P

40 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Hmm, can't really call that CC to be honest. But i see what you mean when vex armor expires. Look at me, i'm using zenurik to recast my 2 and 3 when they expire (thanks to zenurik i can screw carrier!!!). And when i cast 1 or 4, it deactivates my zenurik. For little to no benefit. Pair it with a energy leech eximus in near and i can prepare to throw a pizza for my 2 and 3. The thing is, you can just jump out of heat when you see 5 seconds left and then recast your things! Also important to let your shield recharge before fighting enemies with vex armor. Otherwise you get no armor boost and wonder why you're dead so quickly :P

which is why i believe chroma should be able to recast his vex and ward like ember can recast her accelerant, during the duration timer, so that you dont have to lose those buffs.

Edited by (PS4)CommanderC2121

which is why i believe chroma should be able to recast his vex and ward like ember can recast her accelerant, during the duration timer, so that you dont have to lose those buffs.

Nah man it's a fair trade-off. Really not needed. I would also only lose time by recasting them, my build isn't optimized to spam'em. Though you could suggest that nullifiers don't instantly remove the buffs when touching 1mm of a bubble...

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Nah man it's a fair trade-off. Really not needed. I would also only lose time by recasting them, my build isn't optimized to spam'em. Though you could suggest that nullifiers don't instantly remove the buffs when touching 1mm of a bubble...

why are you getting close to nullifers....you have long range guns

why are you getting close to nullifers....you have long range guns

When the map is full of them and they try to squeeze you and when you can't get it too shrink fast enough (since it shrinks slowly). Noone talks about "oh hey, a random nullifier appeared!". 

Anyway, this is another topic.