The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma....he has some problems

Probably not the type of Warframe for you.

I have loadouts for Effigy/Spec, Vex/Ward, and Balanced. (7 Formas)
He does well with 5-6 formas. You don't need the prime mods, but they help a ton. (Prime Flow & Continuity)

Off topic:

Spoiler

Someone said that "end game" your goal is to tank. That's not someone credible, they don't know the game. Considering that end-game is all about utility and damage. You're not suppose to tank enemies that are lv120+ anyways, if you do that you're doing it all wrong.

I know that end game for most people is really just sorties/raids and endurance missions (interception/defense/survival). So most people don't even see lv100 enemies unless its the last sortie mission or nearing an hour into t4 survival. But I use lv120 to paint the picture that this is where things just stop being effective when it comes to directly tanking. Tanking is useless no matter the warframe. Utility (debuffs, CC) is king with damage mechanics.

So I'll continue with talking about what you do with chroma. At lv120+ you need to have a secondary to self damage for vex armor and camp out in an area to manage enemies from afar with a good weapon. Even if you don't have Corrosive Projection, head shots will continue to mow them down effectively.

Tanking is out of the question, you adjust tactics to use vex armor for the damage buff in a team environment that is going to be managing the flow of mobs into small rooms or choke points.

JUST 2 Corrosive projections will let any team, fight well enough into the second hour of a survival/interception. Tanking does nothing for you as soon as you hit the 1hr mark.

There is no TANKING at that point. The only other warframe worth bringing IF you need to stand in the line of sight and take damage from high level enemies is Valkyr for hysteria. And even with her, tanking is useless - her other abilities will be worth more than her hysteria. Hysteria is at extreme levels is to get life support and rez people.

Edited by ViLeDeth

Chroma is my go-to warframe, and I'd be upset if any abilities other than Spectral Scream got more than just a slight buff. Ward, Vex, and Effigy are just too powerful to make even more useful. As for Spectral Scream, I think it could use a slight damage buff, but I think it really needs a range buff. More range would make it more usable, without giving it too much power. I definitely want it to have a higher status chance too. 100%, preferably. 

My only complaint with him besides Spectral Scream's range is his poison variant. I got Chroma, because I love using poison, and thought he'd be awesome with it, but everything seems wrong with it. Ward hardly supports allies or does anything. The damage is pretty 'meh', but that could be justified with a good ward.

1 hour ago, ViLeDeth said:

He does well with 5-6 formas. You don't need the prime mods, but they help a ton. (Prime Flow & Continuity)

Off topic:

Hide contents

Someone said that "end game" your goal is to tank. That's not someone credible, they don't know the game. Considering that end-game is all about utility and damage. You're not suppose to tank enemies that are lv120+ anyways, if you do that you're doing it all wrong.

I know that end game for most people is really just sorties/raids and endurance missions (interception/defense/survival). So most people don't even see lv100 enemies unless its the last sortie mission or nearing an hour into t4 survival. But I use lv120 to paint the picture that this is where things just stop being effective when it comes to directly tanking. Tanking is useless no matter the warframe. Utility (debuffs, CC) is king with damage mechanics.

So I'll continue with talking about what you do with chroma. At lv120+ you need to have a secondary to self damage for vex armor and camp out in an area to manage enemies from afar with a good weapon. Even if you don't have Corrosive Projection, head shots will continue to mow them down effectively.

Tanking is out of the question, you adjust tactics to use vex armor for the damage buff in a team environment that is going to be managing the flow of mobs into small rooms or choke points.

JUST 2 Corrosive projections will let any team, fight well enough into the second hour of a survival/interception. Tanking does nothing for you as soon as you hit the 1hr mark.

There is no TANKING at that point. The only other warframe worth bringing IF you need to stand in the line of sight and take damage from high level enemies is Valkyr for hysteria. And even with her, tanking is useless - her other abilities will be worth more than her hysteria. Hysteria is at extreme levels is to get life support and rez people.

Link to build?

1 hour ago, ViLeDeth said:

Off topic:

Hide contents

Could iget a linkto ur build?

2 hours ago, ViLeDeth said:

Off topic:

Reveal hidden contents

Exactly, thank you fellow chroma homie.

Chroma is a killer machine. The tankiness is just icing on the cake which is awesome up to sortie lvl 3 but falls of behind it.