Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perhaps DE should focus more on gameplay and Warframe abilities?

Leproxia

I've been thinking this for a while and sure yeah, new skins and weapons etc are great and all but there's still many many flaws in the game to do with gameplay, general bugs, warframes etc.

Sure lots of bugs get fixed but there's really obvious stuff that they've overlooked. :(

Perhaps a moderator can move this to General please. Wrong subfourm.

Edited by Leproxia

Relevant skill pools are a thing.  The people working on things like abilities, and fixing bugs are the code writers.  The people making deluxe skins are the 3d artists in the art department.

Just because they work for DE doesn't mean they all have the skills needed for every task.  We don't ask the sound engineers to make maps, and we don't ask the art department to try and fix bugs.

Edited by UltimateGrr

7 hours ago, UltimateGrr said:

Relevant skill pools are a thing.  The people working on things like abilities, and fixing bugs are the code writers.  The people making deluxe skins are the 3d artists in the art department.

Just because they work for DE doesn't mean they all have the skills needed for every task.  We don't ask the sound engineers to make maps, and we don't ask the art department to try and fix bugs.

i don't think whether he knows the structure or how things work behind the scenes at DE is relevant. That does not invalidate his concern - the point is whomever it is who is responsible is to whom his post applies.

Here is another comparison, when I take my car to be repaired, I don't need to know which mechanic knows how to change a light, nor am I concerned. I take it to THE BUSINESS, tell them the issue - and THEY figure out who has the skill in their organization to do it. Me knowing how they work internally is not necessary, and even if I think i know it has no bearing on whether my car needs repair or not. All I need to know is that is a car repair BUSINESS, and take it there. In the same fashion @Lexproxia doesn't need to know who does what at DE - all he needs is to direct his comments to DE, the BUSINESS and they will figure out who needs to do what within their organization. It matters not if he knows how they work. And if he directs it to the wrong party, DE will just redirect it to the correct one. His input is still valid and whom he directs it to within DE doesn't have any impact on his concern whatsoever...

11 hours ago, UltimateGrr said:

I wasn't talking about the 3d artists etc working on bugs etc.

I was on about the relevant employee fixing whatever is wrong in their respective field be it coding etc.

It's coming along slowly but surely. We have DEScott personally playing Mag for a while for a feel of the new player experience with starter frames, his results became what we see in the upcoming Mag and Volt reworks shown on the latest Devstreams. Bugfixes always happen every build, but whether they can reproduce the bugs and squash them in time is another matter.

But as I said before, I would appreciate DE forming a balancing team for PVE since Conclave team was a thing. Scott is the lead gameplay designer, he who brings life to new weapons and warframes and breathes life into older content; if he is to lead a team dedicated to making PVE fun and balanced my Warframe passion would be renewed.