The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30,000 Cryotic isn't actually a problem

Jautice

18 minutes ago, gluih said:

It's not a problem for anyone who was farming void keys for a while. And one run on hieracon or triton for 1.5k doesn't even take very long and is not very difficult, if you are in a group.

As has been said a thousand times over at this point, including by people who actually did have a ton of cryotic laying around. It's not obtainable by newer players in a reasonable amount of time unless they burn out on a particular mission type that they may or may not like in the first place. For all of their wanting to "prevent burnout on mission types" they screwed up with the requirements of the sibear, because of the fact people who want it are going to farm excavations exclusively until they can't stand it anymore. All they are doing with 30k cryotic is encouraging people burning out and nothing more.

33 minutes ago, Madho said:

While I sit here with 176k cryotic with nowhere to spend. Seriously, all I did was farm Triton before the nerf. And I'm nowhere a "veteran" at this point. Just keep on farming.

Well, we all know that DE has no RIGHT to introduce things that people actually have to WORK for.

Yes, it seems a bit steep. But it isn't that bad. At least it isn't 30 Argon Crystals.

25 minutes ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

Thank DE for killing Excavation so nobody plays it now.

agree.

34 minutes ago, Ins. said:

If the next weapon introduced costs 100 neurodes I wonder if all the apologists will still say it's okay.

or 100 Argon Crystal :-)   o my.....

I agree that 30k is a lot of cryotic. And I also agree that this is not really a problem.

I mean, newer players won't have accumulated that much if they have less than, let's say, 100-200 hours of in-game time. And that's not a problem because there are hundreds of other weapons out there they can get before they have enough. And if they want it right away? Well, they'll get the platinum or they'll farm, but if it were me, I wouldn't bother at all.

And if you have many hundreds of hours of in-game time and not enough cryotics, well you just have been playing the game wrong. If you actually play the game and want to progress, you HAVE at some point or another to get an unholy amount of void keys and fusion cores, therefore you have to farm Excavation.

In the end, I think the reason why DE has done that is because many players have so much Cryotic that they want it to have some use for it, because it really is useless otherwise.

It sounds like the majority of you have no ever grinded for resources in this game. Remember the time when you grinded so much for fusion cores or for those prime parts you never had? Its practically the same situation. You have to give your time into it just like how many T3 defense/survival you did to get those impossible Ash systems.

Edited by Jautice

I mean i have 30k cryotic because i really liked excavations back in the day but i still think 30k is a bit much. Especially for a cold based melee weapon.

I simply choose not to make the weapon, even though i could. I mean sure, the charge is great and we need more maces and hammers... but no.

I'm a relatively new player, been here since November.

I have like 50,000... And at least 10k was just from trying to get Limbo.

It's not hard to get and burning out isn't an issue unless you where taxied and never worked your way through the star chart.

Just now, Jautice said:

It sounds like the majority of you have no ever grinded for resources in this game. Remember the time when you grinded so much for fusion cores or for those prime parts you never had? Its practically the same situation.

Because unlike other resources you can farm them in various mission types so the repetetive nature of Warframe isn't so over exposed. But Cryotic can only be gained in one mission type.

If I wanted to farm circuits I can go to a Survival in void, an intercept in Draco, a defense in Venus. 

This has BEEN happening as a part of their "subtle" initiative against farmers. Every once in a while they find some weapon to add EXTREMELY drastic resource costs just because of the people farming something over and over. The same thing happened with the Knux. And as far as I can tell they haven't lowered that's resources either, despite the complaints and how unrealistic it is. They won't lower these ones either. And its going to happen again, like it always does.

Though with a double resource weekend and a resource booster, you get 400 cryo per pod, meaning you only need 75 extractors. Which isn't bad.

Edited by (PS4)Onyxflamegod

5 minutes ago, izzatuw said:

Because unlike other resources you can farm them in various mission types so the repetetive nature of Warframe isn't so over exposed. But Cryotic can only be gained in one mission type.

If I wanted to farm circuits I can go to a Survival in void, an intercept in Draco, a defense in Venus. 

And pick Necros, who speeds up regular resouce farm dramatically. Even Tellirium isn't problem - got ~30 after 2-3 runs of survival. Too bad cryotic comes only from those stupid excavators which are extremely boring to defend

Edited by Serafim_94

49 minutes ago, Freelancer27 said:

Quoted the wrong post, can't delete on mobile.

52 minutes ago, Ins. said:

If the next weapon introduced costs 100 neurodes I wonder if all the apologists will still say it's okay.

That's like comparing apples to oranges. 

Cryptic is easy to get whereas neurodes not so much. 

I have 15k cryptic sitting about and I barely even do excavations.

Edited by DakotaStorm

On 4/7/2016 at 9:14 PM, Jautice said:

It sounds like the majority of you have no ever grinded for resources in this game. Remember the time when you grinded so much for fusion cores or for those prime parts you never had? Its practically the same situation.

Or that time when oxium and Zephyr were introduced. Then DE deployed a fix which caused some clans to go into negative oxium yet we still grinded. However both that time and prime grind, the pay-off is much larger and the resources are gathered by a clan.

We've only seen this amount of resources be required in large clans. Even then it is uncommon to see above 10k resources (not credits) in clan research until recently with syndon, knux, and shaku.

Edited by Postal_pat

16 minutes ago, JohnViande said:

And if you have many hundreds of hours of in-game time and not enough cryotics, well you just have been playing the game wrong. If you actually play the game and want to progress, you HAVE at some point or another to get an unholy amount of void keys and fusion cores, therefore you have to farm Excavation.

Wrong. flat out wrong. There are void key packs from syndicates, void key rewards from alerts, void keys from the void itself, and even void key packs from platinum. Fusion cores drop in droves from sorties and many other mission types than excavations and the void as well.

17 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

As has been said a thousand times over at this point, including by people who actually did have a ton of cryotic laying around. It's not obtainable by newer players in a reasonable amount of time unless they burn out on a particular mission type that they may or may not like in the first place. For all of their wanting to "prevent burnout on mission types" they screwed up with the requirements of the sibear, because of the fact people who want it are going to farm excavations exclusively until they can't stand it anymore. All they are doing with 30k cryotic is encouraging people burning out and nothing more.

Well I'm sorry for anyone who doesn't like excavation and not because the latest weapon requires 30k cryotic, but because it's the only good way to farm void keys.

If you are bored in excavation you are doing it wrong. You can always go faster and longer if you want to and you also get rewarded for it, which is great. It's also a great mode because it encourages teamplay in a fun way (and not everybody makes sure 1 base doesn't get captured). So overall it's actually hard to get burnt out.

If you do 2 runs per day for 1.5k each it takes 10 days. And 1.5k is probably less than 15 minutes. Then you probably have a bit cryotic because you are clearing the starchart and did some quests. You can easily get this within a week without having anything before.

1 hour ago, izzatuw said:

The problem I see with the 30K is that this is really only doable for "hardcore" players of the community and seems to be a pretty difficult one for players that can only spend oh so many hours into the game a week. Those types of players will have to passive aggressively do nothing but excavations for their short 2-3 hours a week if they intend to get the weapon anytime soon. 

As a friend of mine just said, this is more a weapon for people who have been playing a decent while. If you can't afford the 30,000 Cryotic, play a bit more. That's all anyone can really say.

7 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

Wrong. flat out wrong. There are void key packs from syndicates, void key rewards from alerts, void keys from the void itself, and even void key packs from platinum. Fusion cores drop in droves from sorties and many other mission types than excavations and the void as well.

I'm not saying you can't get them anywhere else. Just that if you need to farm for them, Excavation is where you go. For example, if you want to get the new primes that come out (let's say Nikana prime), you're not going to have those 20-30 T3 Capture keys by buying syndicate packs or doing the occasional alert. And even though sorties do give quite a few cores, if you're maxing out the primed mods, 25-50 per day is next to nothing.

1 minute ago, Lanieu said:

No

Man I was so wrong, thanks for the effort you put in your answer to help me see how wrong I was!

Edited by JohnViande

Just now, gluih said:

Well I'm sorry for anyone who doesn't like excavation and not because the latest weapon requires 30k cryotic, but because it's the only good way to farm void keys.

If you are bored in excavation you are doing it wrong. You can always go faster and longer if you want to and you also get rewarded for it, which is great. It's also a great mode because it encourages teamplay in a fun way (and not everybody makes sure 1 base doesn't get captured). So overall it's actually hard to get burnt out.

If you do 2 runs per day for 1.5k each it takes 10 days. And 1.5k is probably less than 15 minutes. Then you probably have a bit cryotic because you are clearing the starchart and did some quests. You can easily get this within a week without having anything before.

Again, wrong. "varied play" is an illusion with excavation. You do the same thing over and over. Defend a paper thin drill for 100 seconds while trying to survive and keep the drill powered. Enemies scale in level the more excavators you have active/completed, so a lot of more "casual" players and those who have goals of not using forma until x personal goal is reached will have a massively harder time dealing with "long run" cryotic farms. In the end they -will- get burned out and quit trying to get the weapon altogether, potentially not even buying plat to get the weapon with because of the frustration. If it isn't a clan tech item, then the requirements of cryotic should be reduced. Alloy plates should be too, for those whining about how it's weird that people are okay with that. Doesn't matter that it drops enough to make water feel ashamed of itself in voids. either excavation cryotic payouts need buffed or cryotic requirement needs nerfed. Simple as.

13 minutes ago, gluih said:

Don't even be sorry for that. What about the people that hate Spy but wanted Nezha? Or the people who hate Hijack but had to do it to complete those Tactical Alerts, or the people who hate any kind of Void game mode to get the item that one specific mission drops? Don't apologise because it's a game mode people don't like. If they want the weapon, they'll do it and get the Cryotic, then never do it again until the next time arises. Simple as that :P

It's funny to see that people think others don't do anything else than excavation 24/7.

Jokes on you, I like to play different gamemodes and try to stay away from excavation because I find it boring to babysit drills made out of paper all day, and woweee look at that, I still have thousands of fusion cores and hundreds of void keys because there are dozens of other ways to get those!

I'm done.

125nn02.jpg

9 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

As a friend of mine just said, this is more a weapon for people who have been playing a decent while. If you can't afford the 30,000 Cryotic, play a bit more. That's all anyone can really say.

I have to play one specific game mode a bit more* 

The problem with this is that you can only gain cryotic through one mission and you need to do that same mission, same goal over and over again for a grant total of 30000 cryotic. Which I actually don't mind getting but this could easily make players burnt out if they don't constantly do meta farming for cores or keys. Unlike circuits, Oro cells and nano spores you can passively gain these things while "playing" the game like a casual. You can have a goal of farming Valkyr parts and you'll gain a 2-3 neural sensors by than. You can farm prime parts and you'll have circuits and argons to last a while. But for cryotic you have to farm one game mode specifically for it. This wouldn't be so much a problem if it was 10K or so but for 30K? You're gonna have to do a lot of grinding

17 minutes ago, gluih said:

I don't farm Void keys. I just play the game, and when I need to go into void, I usually have 5-10 keys just piled up from my resource or XP farmings. The only exception was T4 sabotage. There I was forced to run some moon spy missions to get them.

And seriously, what part of excavation requires teamplay? Put snowglobe. Get Loki/Valkyr on battery duty. Go AFK. Come back in a minute.

Or even better, throw in Cataclysm. /sleep

Yes, in theory Defence is more boring. Yet somehow I hate excavation more. Probably becouse I ONLY do it for cryotic, and that is usually plagued with "oh F***, I just spent 10 minutes to get 500 cryo. Need 10 times @(*()$ more" counting.

Edited by Serafim_94

1 minute ago, izzatuw said:

I have to play one specific game mode a bit more* 

The problem with this is that you can only gain cryotic through one mission and you need to do that same mission, same goal over and over again for a grant total of 30000 cryotic. Which I actually don't mind getting but this could easily make players burnt out if they don't constantly do meta farming for cores or keys. Unlike circuits, Oro cells and nano spores you can passively gain these things while "playing" the game like a casual. You can have a goal of farming Valkyr parts and you'll gain a 2-3 neural sensors by than. You can farm prime parts and you'll have circuits and argons to last a while. But for cryotic you have to farm one game mode specifically for it. This wouldn't be so much a problem if it was 10K or so but for 30K? You're gonna have to do a lot of grinding

Well, you understood what I meant.

So? that's Warframe in a nutshell. Grinding. And even so, grab 4 players, you'll have it in like 3 hours, taking into consideration those times where 4 Extractors won't be on the map. And so on. It really isn't that bad. We've ALL spent longer grinding that one Void mission over and over and over again until the day's come to an end and we STILL don't have that one part.