Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible for anti-afk system to kick you out?

HellEnforcer

Question

The question right away:

Can the current anti-afk system force a failed mission?

Long story short: I was playing solo on a sabotage mission a couple says ago when I had to go for a few moments. So I did what I normally did on that situation: hid my WarFrame and left. When I came back, I was back on my vessel with a mission failed screen. The thing is that even on the very tiny chance an enemy actually got to my place, found me and managed to actually kill me, I still had revives left as I had not died. I am not sure what caused the mission failed and was wondering if the anti-afk system changed to do such thing now or if being dead for too long causes it.

12 answers to this question

Most likely w/e the mission objective was caused a fail. Say it was a capture, target got a way. Say it was a defense, objective was destoryed. Survival, out of air. What type of mission was it?

Whoops now I noticed you said sabotage. Those missions were changed recently so maybe an objective in the sabotage was destoryed.

Edited by PyreFox

Just now, PyreFox said:

Most likely w/e the mission objective was caused a fail. Say it was a capture, target got a way. Say it was a defense, objective was destoryed. Survival, out of air. What type of mission was it?

Whoops now I noticed you said sabotage. Those missions were changed recently so maybe an objective in the sabotage was destoryed.

The sabotage was completed. I was wandering around looking for the third cache I was missing and cats to scan.

Just now, Urlan said:

Exterminate was made to auto fail if you afk for too long, perhaps something similar is the case now for sabotage as well.

I see. I didn't know the game would make you auto fail for going afk on any mode.

Any idea as to the reason behind such decision? I used to take a lot of time on each mission whenever I set out to explore every corner of the maps for hidden rooms (or looking for cats now), so I would occasionally go afk for 15 mins or so during missions. Auto failing players during a pub game to either open up the space or to avoid leechers I think is not a bad idea, but while solo or with a pre-made team seems rather out of place.

Regardless, thanks for the info.

I believe on the exterminates, if you don't kill at least one enemy every so many minutes, it does a countdown to fail the mission. No idea why but I assume it works into the Starchart 3.0 changes. One thing that gets emphasized is trying to make nodes no longer dead to random public players. While making there be less nodes would in one way to make it easier, the only real way to ensure it is if matchmaking didn't allow one to have private or solo matches. I haven't heard the devs say this is the case but I have trouble seeing a logical reason for the exterminate afk thing otherwise. Hek, in my missions, I have more problem with people just rushing through the mission to the exit without grabbing pickups or looking for hidden cache and starting extraction - especially bad when it denied other players the rewards - it ruins missions and if people want to do that I would think they should be playing solo. Its illogical, but a common method of playing through matches; perhaps this is catering to that playstyle.

On 4/9/2016 at 11:53 PM, Urlan said:

I believe on the exterminates, if you don't kill at least one enemy every so many minutes, it does a countdown to fail the mission. No idea why but I assume it works into the Starchart 3.0 changes. One thing that gets emphasized is trying to make nodes no longer dead to random public players. While making there be less nodes would in one way to make it easier, the only real way to ensure it is if matchmaking didn't allow one to have private or solo matches. I haven't heard the devs say this is the case but I have trouble seeing a logical reason for the exterminate afk thing otherwise. Hek, in my missions, I have more problem with people just rushing through the mission to the exit without grabbing pickups or looking for hidden cache and starting extraction - especially bad when it denied other players the rewards - it ruins missions and if people want to do that I would think they should be playing solo. Its illogical, but a common method of playing through matches; perhaps this is catering to that playstyle.

Not allowing to have solo or private matches would be a huge problem for some players. Like yourself for example, having people not going for those hidden caches. I would be included on those with problems too, as I not only tend to look for every container, cache and locker, but sometimes I even bring my kubrow just so it opens every red locker, not to mention I am recently on a Kuria hunt, making me stay on each room for a few minutes while I search every corner.

I am assuming those starchart changes you mentioned are from a devstream. I should go watch the recent ones to see what are they up to now. I think I am catching up on the old changes thanks to the wiki, now I need to see the plans for the future I guess.

Thanks for the information.

18 hours ago, OG_DragonSkllzz said:

Objective was completed? On sabo a timer starts after a certain time after sabotaging the reactor. Don't get out in time = mission failure.

Yes, I completed the objective. I didn't see the timer because I actually left the room for a while. Thanks for the information.

I actually came across said timer yesterday when I decided to bring unranked weapons to the second mission of Inaros. I am confident on my survival skills, so I didn't care for the weapons. Turns out there is a timer to kill all those cats which is hidden until you have 1 minute left. Needless to say I failed it... (amusingly enough I was using Ember and just turned on world on fire once I saw the timer, the last cat died just when I got the failure message and Baro started to talk as if I had done it right while I was being shown the failure screen).

I am assuming this timer also appears in all missions on certain times, as Urlan said. While I see the reason to have it on pub games, it seems rather useless to the point of absolute nuisance on solo or private games.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the extra info. now I will have to be vigilant for the timer and cut my exploration habits... Which to be honest I don't like.

4 hours ago, HellEnforcer said:

Yes, I completed the objective. I didn't see the timer because I actually left the room for a while. Thanks for the information.

I actually came across said timer yesterday when I decided to bring unranked weapons to the second mission of Inaros. I am confident on my survival skills, so I didn't care for the weapons. Turns out there is a timer to kill all those cats which is hidden until you have 1 minute left. Needless to say I failed it... (amusingly enough I was using Ember and just turned on world on fire once I saw the timer, the last cat died just when I got the failure message and Baro started to talk as if I had done it right while I was being shown the failure screen).

I am assuming this timer also appears in all missions on certain times, as Urlan said. While I see the reason to have it on pub games, it seems rather useless to the point of absolute nuisance on solo or private games.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the extra info. now I will have to be vigilant for the timer and cut my exploration habits... Which to be honest I don't like.

You could always explore before doing the objective =P

Also the timer on kavat killing must be new, I'm sure I never had one and it took me a loooong time to figure out I had to kill them (it didn't tell me anything).