Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friend cannot login to forums, needs help

SamsonYBC

Question

Copy pasta incoming 

I've been trying to login to the Forums for several days now, but it simply won't work! I had this problem earlier as well, but Rebecca helped me out: https://twitter.com/Cyborg_Rox/status/702904116956307456 Now however, now clearing cookies does nothing!

Alright, so earlier the problem was that when I logged in to the website, it was still somewhat logged out on the Forums, but not on the normal site. This is what I first experienced today as well, but instead of fixing itself when I cleared the cookies, the issue persisted.

Every time I cleared the cookies and tried logging back in, the cookies would appear again. So, I blocked cookies from the Warframe website and Forums, and... now I just outright can't log in. I click login, on both the site and forum, and it's pretty much the same as pressing F5. I even tried logging in on Internet Explorer and I STILL get the same problem!

Someone in Region Chat said I had to update my Adobe Reader. Apparently I don't have that at all on my PC, but even after downloading the latest version, even restarting the PC, nothing is changed!

So someone, PLEASE help me out here. Also just so you guys know, I'm copying this and sending it to a friend who can post it on the Forums with his account. I'll do the same with any replies I want to make as well.

i shall forward a link to my friend so he can see the answers, call him a #$&(% if you want, i dont care

7 answers to this question

The same exact thing happened to me Friday, but it was fixed this morning.  I did not do anything on my end to fix it, and I could not find a response to the support request I sent in.  It may resolve itself sometime.  Sorry if this is not that helpful.  Best of luck to your friend.

I had the same exact problem yesterday but it autofixed itself today. I tried the same things, logged off main site and tried logging in in forums, clearing cookies etc., at some point I even got some weird script appearing intead of the forums. I also sent a support ticket but since the problem was fixed that was useless (sorry support people).

I don't know what changed (I kept logging off and trying logging in again and again), I don't know what fixed it, I was super frustated with not being able to get on here. This same thing happened previously to a lot of people after the forum changed, but that was fixed some time later, now this, I dunno why it happens.

That dude from region chat was trolling, adobe has nothing to do with this.

Edited by JesterTheNight

8 minutes ago, JesterTheNight said:

Believe me, I did this thing many, many, many times and it didn't fix it. Only after many hours it worked (dunno why).

if that process doesn't help, in addition to clearing cookies, clearing browser cache should resolve.

Just now, taiiat said:

if that process doesn't help, in addition to clearing cookies, clearing browser cache should resolve.

I also did that and that didn't work, same for op's firend. It was fixed for me and PikeOrShield today, so it was probably something on the forum that was messed up.

13 hours ago, JesterTheNight said:

I had the same exact problem yesterday but it autofixed itself today. I tried the same things, logged off main site and tried logging in in forums, clearing cookies etc., at some point I even got some weird script appearing intead of the forums. I also sent a support ticket but since the problem was fixed that was useless (sorry support people).

I don't know what changed (I kept logging off and trying logging in again and again), I don't know what fixed it, I was super frustated with not being able to get on here. This same thing happened previously to a lot of people after the forum changed, but that was fixed some time later, now this, I dunno why it happens.

That dude from region chat was trolling, adobe has nothing to do with this.

OP (technically) here.

I'm still not able to login on the Forums, even though your problem seems to have fixed itself. Though I'm able to do so on my laptop, which means the problem is connected to the device, not the account. So that's a start.

Edit: Wait, no, looks like I was wrong. I can login on another laptop, but not on mine. Probably because mine is using the same Chrome user as my main PC. So, looks like that's the issue.

2nd Edit: Alright, I think I managed to fix it now, but it may just be temporary. I unblocked cookies from the Warframe site and Forums, like it was before, and I was able to login. I'm afraid that I'm gonna be getting the old issue again in a while though. We'll see.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox