Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keyshare! But should I?

Ahdnoh_Jest

I farm all my keys, and spend a lot of time to acquire a decent amount of the ones I need. Although I see a mass flood of LF key leeches in recruiting chat. When I host a Keyshare, and have the group show keys, without fail somone will leave before their turn. What am I to do? I am tired of this happening. 

On 4/11/2016 at 1:44 AM, Ahdnoh_Jest said:

I farm all my keys, and spend a lot of time to acquire a decent amount of the ones I need. Although I see a mass flood of LF key leeches in recruiting chat. When I host a Keyshare, and have the group show keys, without fail somone will leave before their turn. What am I to do? I am tired of this happening. 

Keyshare scamming is a reportable offense. Just screenshot the logs where they agree to a keyshare and report them to a mod or through support if they scam you again.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Keyshare scamming is a reportable offense. Just screenshot the logs where they agree to a keyshare and report them to a mod or through support if they scam you again.

It's not something that DE supports to being with. They have time and again said that you do it at your own risk.

On 4/11/2016 at 1:50 AM, SurrealEdge said:

It's not something that DE supports to being with. They have time and again said that you do it at your own risk.

Do it at your own risk but those that keyshare scam can still be punished if people took the time to report. I keyshare without a worry knowing full well an ingame mod will help me if I'm scammed.

13 minutes ago, Ahdnoh_Jest said:

I never keyshare. I generally just invite people so they can get rewards at the same time. Im quite happy to do front the key, and the way i see it the others are helping me complete it faster. Sometimes if we do a few and the group is good, others will front keys so we can continue.

23 minutes ago, Ahdnoh_Jest said:

I suppose the answer is to make others keyshare first.

40 minutes ago, Ahdnoh_Jest said:

When i keyshare with a randomgroup the last joining is using his key first and me (host) last. But i mostly do it with my clanmates.

It's a sad truth that it's bound to happen. I always keep an open mind about it though. The way I see it, if at least one other person chooses to use their key, it's already a win for me. Which is generally why I always prefer to go at least second in the squad. Either way though, it at least made the mission go by faster. I also suggest messaging the people or person that left. Sometimes they just got kicked out of squad for some reason and didn't mean it, it's rare that it was the case but you'll never know unless you ask.

Always insist on everyone showing the key, it's what I do and I've never been scammed. I've seen people join and then say "ops I don't have it" or just outright bail when I say "key check". It's a quick way to exclude scammers and people who don't get it.

It's possible that people can crash or get disconnected, when someone leaves always assume they didn't intentionally scam you, contact them and wait for them to log back in. If they don't respond then add them to your ignore list.

2 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

Always insist on everyone showing the key, it's what I do and I've never been scammed. I've seen people join and then say "ops I don't have it" or just outright bail when I say "key check". It's a quick way to exclude scammers and people who don't get it.

It's possible that people can crash or get disconnected, when someone leaves always assume they didn't intentionally scam you, contact them and wait for them to log back in. If they don't respond then add them to your ignore list.

Then there are those that leave immediately after you use up your key or when it's their turn and you find them back in the recruiting channel looking for another keyshare.

1 minute ago, SurrealEdge said:

Then there are those that leave immediately after you use up your key or when it's their turn and you find them back in the recruiting channel looking for another keyshare.

Never seen that, but I'd add them to my ignore list, in fact I'd warn all my active friends on warframe.

1 minute ago, Mastikator2 said:

I don't personally think adding them to your ignore list is a good idea. It kinda makes it impossible for them to message you back if they were disconnected and maybe they decided to take a quick wizz after or something.

1 minute ago, AuraKai said:

I don't personally think adding them to your ignore list is a good idea. It kinda makes it impossible for them to message you back if they were disconnected and maybe they decided to take a quick wizz after or something.

If they don't log in after 2-4 minutes of crashing then they'll probably won't bother. It's only THEN that I'll add them to the ignore list.

However, it has never happened, literally every single time the crashed player has returned and it all worked out. Every single time. I've never had to add anyone to my ignore list over a keyshare scammer.

Just now, Mastikator2 said:

Never seen that, but I'd add them to my ignore list, in fact I'd warn all my active friends on warframe.

Happens far too often. In fact during the Mesa update to get her parts, it was a very common thing in the recruiting channel. There were a few reputable people, but that was it, just the few and the many that want a free ride to without having to do the work of getting a key together.

This was before the mutalist nav coordinates were made available in derelict missions. I do see people talking about it now and again in my alliance chat.

I actually keyshare fairly often, I prefer them over regular runs as you tend to get at LEAST 3 runs where running solo you only get 1.

BEST thing to do is to do it with Friends/Clan/Alliance, but I've run countless keyshares with randoms through Recruiting and I honestly RARELY see people drop out. IDK where the stigma for it comes from really as I run them a LOT and it only happens at most MAYBE 10% of the time, and even then you usually get at least 2-3 runs in so it's more than you'd get anyway, so what's the big deal?

A good habit to get into is to call for a keycheck first-thing. that'll deter MOST of the A******s, maybe that's why I have such "good luck" with it. the only other things that could possibly affect it is my MR (21) or the fact I have the Excal Prime Icon (and am hence a Founder) and that somehow intimidates them into going through with it? though I REALLY REALLY REALLY doubt that's the case. I think it's just the keycheck

10 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

Funny, I was only scammed once back then, and that was before I started insisting on keycheck, after that about half of the time someone would drop during the keycheck. But nothing after that.

I've stopped partaking in keyshares entirely due to the crazy drama that has happened in the past year. However, I do bring new players with me and cover for them should they want to take part in it.

4 minutes ago, KiloFoxx said:

I actually keyshare fairly often, I prefer them over regular runs as you tend to get at LEAST 3 runs where running solo you only get 1.

BEST thing to do is to do it with Friends/Clan/Alliance, but I've run countless keyshares with randoms through Recruiting and I honestly RARELY see people drop out. IDK where the stigma for it comes from really as I run them a LOT and it only happens at most MAYBE 10% of the time, and even then you usually get at least 2-3 runs in so it's more than you'd get anyway, so what's the big deal?

A good habit to get into is to call for a keycheck first-thing. that'll deter MOST of the A******s, maybe that's why I have such "good luck" with it. the only other things that could possibly affect it is my MR (21) or the fact I have the Excal Prime Icon (and am hence a Founder) and that somehow intimidates them into going through with it? though I REALLY REALLY REALLY doubt that's the case. I think it's just the keycheck

There's a flaw, in that they can show the key, but leave after the mission is over. I have no idea how this is an uncommon event for you, maybe it's the time of day we play on or the region we're in. This goes for all players, founder or not it has happened.

Alliance, clan or friends are the best way to do these just so you don't need to be cheated of your hard earned keys and worrying about it later on.

Edited by SurrealEdge

Just now, SurrealEdge said:

I've stopped partaking in keyshares entirely due to the crazy drama that has happened in the past year. However, I do bring new players with me and cover for them should they want to take part in it.

There's a flaw, in that they can show the key, but leave after the mission is over. I have no idea how this is an uncommon even for you, maybe it's the time of day we play on or the region we're in. This goes for all players, founder or not it has happened.

Alliance, clan or friends are the best way to do these just so you don't need to be cheated of your hard earned keys and worrying about it later on.

yeah, like I said I HIGHLY doubt Founder OR MR has ANY bearing.

IDK how I've been "lucky" either, I play all hours of the day (though lately post 1700PST has been the most common for me) and when one region is dead I'll swap to another where it's more traffic'd. so I can't imagine it's Region either? though I do MAINLY try to stick to my own regions (Pacific US) or just the US in general. I have popped into the European region on more than one occasion though due to the US regions being dead. still no issues with keyshares except finding them. (the keys I need to share tend to be rarer/popular at the time, meaning everyone's out of them) I also rather dislike Hosting just in-general so I never really host my own keyshares unless it's with clanmates/alliance/friends.

16 minutes ago, KiloFoxx said:

yeah, like I said I HIGHLY doubt Founder OR MR has ANY bearing.

IDK how I've been "lucky" either, I play all hours of the day (though lately post 1700PST has been the most common for me) and when one region is dead I'll swap to another where it's more traffic'd. so I can't imagine it's Region either? though I do MAINLY try to stick to my own regions (Pacific US) or just the US in general. I have popped into the European region on more than one occasion though due to the US regions being dead. still no issues with keyshares except finding them. (the keys I need to share tend to be rarer/popular at the time, meaning everyone's out of them) I also rather dislike Hosting just in-general so I never really host my own keyshares unless it's with clanmates/alliance/friends.

I play on the west region for NA since it defaults me there whenever I log in, and has been pretty prevalent along with a bit of east coast action here and there. Probably time of day when the more shady players show up.