Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revamping Keysharing System

Teadude

I don't know why this hasn't been done already.

Leeching has become a common problem in Warframe, and as much as there are trustworthy players that keyshare, even offering more keys to play, there are the fair share of players that decide to leave when it's their turn to run their key.

I'd like to see a system where before starting a run, each player must put in their keys in some kind of rounds option, lets say we want to run 4 rounds of t3 cap, four players must put in a t3 cap key into the rounds(?) system. Players can put in more keys if they want to run more rounds, but the main objective is to eliminate the leeching which plagues this game.

The game will run x times by the amount of keys put in, and players can choose to re-equip their loadouts in between going to the next round, as there will be a 60(or less) countdown in the liset before the next round starts. Any player who chooses to leave can leave but will lose their key.

Any suggestions and criticism appreciated although i smell a cheeky loophole somewhere

Edited by Teadude

Am pretty sure DE had said it not their respobility if you get tricked or person had left the keyshare. Keysharing is a player invitented system. So if something goes wrong its your problem to deal with not DEs. I personally avoid doing keyshare with random people I don't know. Instead, I usually do it with clannies or some friends. I would advice you to do the same, if you don't want to get scammed

3 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Am pretty sure DE had said it not their respobility if you get tricked or person had left the keyshare. Keysharing is a player invitented system. So if something goes wrong its your problem to deal with not DEs. I personally avoid doing keyshare with random people I don't know. Instead, I usually do it with clannies or some friends. I would advice you to do the same, if you don't want to get scammed

This system aims to eliminate keysharing while also implementing a system where players could run a x amount of games in one run

15 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

What about players that disconnect or crash? If you put in a key and then after the mission you crash, do you get your key back and the other players get screwed or does it decide that was your key and you get screwed?

After a crash you can join back in the session, as long as your key is put in. I'm not sure what would happen if one person put in all their keys

ok so you add a system that requires all 4 players to put in the same key then you have to run all 4 keys to get all the rewards if all the keys arnt run and someone disconects the keys are put on hold for 24 hours and you can continue that run with the same 4 people if the run isnt finished in 24 hours the keys are returned to the players and and the rewards are reset

obviously this would be entirely optional so you could still run normal leech missions etc

Edited by V45H

4 minutes ago, Teadude said:

After a crash you can join back in the session, as long as your key is put in. I'm not sure what would happen if one person put in all their keys

What if you crash after the mission and the group splits up? 4 players put in 1 key each, 1 mission has been completed so there's only 3 keys left. Who gets their key back? Only 3 players can get their key back and any configuration would be unfair.

1 minute ago, Mastikator2 said:

What if you crash after the mission and the group splits up? 4 players put in 1 key each, 1 mission has been completed so there's only 3 keys left. Who gets their key back? Only 3 players can get their key back and any configuration would be unfair.

oh gee i didn't really think in that far. If the player ran his key and crashed afterwards, he can join back in or decide to leave, his key has run already. IF a person crashed and hasnt run his key and crashes his key will still be kept in the system, but he can choose to join or leave. If 3 people decide to leave without running their keys then they lose them, thus eliminating leeching. If there is something i misunderstood about your question please do not hesitate to reply

With how spotty connectivity can be depending on whoever the game decides is the optimal host, what happens when the host is the one that gets disconnected with a system like this? Would the keys be returned to the players or would they be lost to the void?

Oh I see once you've committed the key to the pool then it's irreversible, if the group splits up for any reason before all keys are used then nobody gets their key back and if you crash then you can rejoin.

Harsh but fair, I guess I can be in favor of this system.

Just now, SurrealEdge said:

With how spotty connectivity can be depending on whoever the game decides is the optimal host, what happens when the host is the one that gets disconnected with a system like this? Would the keys be returned to the players or would they be lost to the void?

Jesus i forgot how the hosting system works. I hope it chooses a new host to run the game instead of disbanding everything. If the host crashes, he/she can join again, but her/his keys are locked into the system

13 minutes ago, V45H said:

ok so you add a system that requires all 4 players to put in the same key then you have to run all 4 keys to get all the rewards if all the keys arnt run and someone disconects the keys are put on hold for 24 hours and you can continue that run with the same 4 people if the run isnt finished in 24 hours the keys are returned to the players and and the rewards are reset

obviously this would be entirely optional so you could still run normal leech missions etc

The 24 hour hold would be an alright system to implement but having multiple games on hold could cause some confusion

1 minute ago, Teadude said:

The 24 hour hold would be an alright system to implement but having multiple games on hold could cause some confusion

nah you would just have a sseparate menu with the list of users in each session on hold

Edited by V45H

5 minutes ago, Teadude said:

Jesus i forgot how the hosting system works. I hope it chooses a new host to run the game instead of disbanding everything. If the host crashes, he/she can join again, but her/his keys are locked into the system

You'll want to revise this system based around that. It sounds like it could cut down on the players piggybacking on others, but on DE's end it'll need a ton of work to make something like this work and not worry the playerbase with having keys withheld because of connectivity.

There's also the fact that a month ago there was a DDoS attack on DE's partnered infrastructure, would that apply to how it would be in the case of a host disconnect?

1 minute ago, SurrealEdge said:

You'll want to revise this system based around that. It sounds like it could cut down on the players piggybacking on others, but on DE's end it'll need a ton of work to make something like this work and not worry the playerbase with having keys withheld because of connectivity.

There's also the fact that a month ago there was a DDoS attack on DE's partnered infrastructure, would that apply to how it would be in the case of a host disconnect?

I may have read it wrong but i am confused by what you are trying to say in your last question. Could you please rephrase your question? My sincerest apologies

1 minute ago, Teadude said:

I may have read it wrong but i am confused by what you are trying to say in your last question. Could you please rephrase your question? My sincerest apologies

In the case of an external issue disregarding players and their connectivity, how would the system work? Would it hold the keys in a session or would it reset?

Only asking in the possibility that the game had to be taken down for maintenance while doing a keyshare with this system.

However you may think to go around it, you're forgetting that you're stunlocking 4 people for a long time (some exceptions for runs like Capture).

For example, worst case, people wanting to key share a T4Def. I don't even mention Survival which would lock people for 80 minutes, aside from breaks between runs, Defense can take longer in some cases on a full rotation.

You *may* say, if people can't play that long, don't join. So you'd lock people who can't play for long out forever?

What if a person suddendly, for IRL reasons, becomes unable to come back within the 24h? You'd be creating dozens (or way more) of shares on hold, waiting to be completed?

5 minutes ago, Teadude said:

The DDoS attack situation caused multiple disconnects within very short amounts of time. It would ruin plenty of keysharing runs.

So, overall, just make sure you create some close friends or try joining a clan or create one yourself and gather newbies. Instead of maybe using the keys you own, help them start out by farming with them 1 key then rotate between each other using it. Creates trust, tightens the clan (newbie case) and helps a lot. Win-win.

Edited by Manyc

2 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

In the case of an external issue disregarding players and their connectivity, how would the system work? Would it hold the keys in a session or would it reset?

Only asking in the possibility that the game had to be taken down for maintenance while doing a keyshare with this system.

It would hold the keys in set. 

3 minutes ago, Manyc said:

However you may think to go around it, you're forgetting that you're stunlocking 4 people for a long time (some exceptions for runs like Capture).

For example, worst case, people wanting to key share a T4Def. I don't even mention Survival which would lock people for 80 minutes, aside from breaks between runs, Defense can take longer in some cases on a full rotation.

What if a person suddendly, for IRL reasons, becomes unable to come back within the 24h? You'd be creating dozens (or way more) of shares on hold, waiting to be completed?

The DDoS attack situation caused multiple disconnects within very short amounts of time. It would ruin plenty of keysharing runs.

So, overall, just make sure you create some close friends or try joining a clan or create one yourself and gather newbies. Instead of maybe using the keys you own, help them start out by farming with them 1 key then rotate between each other using it. Creates trust, tightens the clan (newbie case) and helps a lot. Win-win.

Forming and building a clan is a better option, this system is for those who rather play alone or just want to run a set amount of short games in one run.

If a player crashes and has not run their key and cannot join, once the run has finished, his key will be run but he will not gain any rewards. It's a harsh system and i'm seriously rethinking about it, but it aims to take out leeching, there are major consequences, and in my eyes, slightly unfair when i see it now

Sorry but.... What key share system?

There are just player run key shares which DE has nothing to dowith and if someone bails from it early not donating a key it's just your problem.

Block them and let that be the end of it so you never invite them again.

17 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Sorry but.... What key share system?

There are just player run key shares which DE has nothing to dowith and if someone bails from it early not donating a key it's just your problem.

Block them and let that be the end of it so you never invite them again.

That's it, there is no key share system.
And personally i think there is no need for a key share system.

What is the difference between a solo run and a coop run?

Spoiler

Solo run = a bit harder, less credits, takes longer ...

Team run = easier, more credits, faster ...

Sure, it is nice doing 4 runs of a T3Cap spending only 1 Key in a Keyshare.
But do you lose something if they don't share their keys?

Spoiler

No. It's always a win win Situation.

how to keyshare properly:

1. tell everyone in the squad chat to show their keys. if they refuse or do not show their keys after 2 minutes, then they are likely a leecher (or just AFK, but that's still a liability)

2. decide an order in which people will use their keys (alphabetical by online name is usually a good idea)

3. run the missions and get a Forma blueprint

4. profit.

"but how do they show their keys?"

simple. one person selects their key so that it comes up ready to play, then everyone declines, knowing that person has a key. repeat the process for every player, before deciding who's key will be used first. i have used this system myself, and it works. of course there's nothing to stop someone bailing on you, but you know if they had a key that they were hoping to leech. it perfectly points out the bad guys.

Keyshare is amazing way of sharing resources, resulting in compensation of sometimes really ungrateful RNG, therefore it's a worthy concept standing on Tenno values.

Keycheck is a must, since you may encounter people who are (either) new to keyshare mechanic (or playing dumb).

"Scamming" people are willing to show their keys - they just leave when it's their turn - not replying to invites nor messages. Once I even met one again in another keyshare squad, he instantly vanished when I confronted him (politely of course - I literally asked him if he resolved the technical issues, which prevented him in sharing his key in earlier session).

I understand that there is no "real" harm - not even only key donor would be in fact damaged - since he run his key. But the fun and game gets totally destroyed by this. Few months ago these "scams" were extremely rare occurences, now it's more than common (4 of my 5 last keyshares included scammers, other people I was talking to having similar experiences).

Personally I think, that this new rudeness in Tenno ranks is related to so called smurf accounts, made to sell "one reward per Tenno" tradable items. I'm advocate of free trading, I'm okay with smurfs accounts, but I have an issue with rude people, who are feeling not liable since their main account is safe (unless they do something really wrong of course), so even those "social sanctions" (like shaming... errr... informing the chat about scammers) are deemed to be not effective.

I like to consider myself to be brave, having faith in good will, showing exemplary behaviour, when I'm sharing my key as first or second, but lately more and more I think that it is rather gullibility.

The community of Warframe is amazing, I enjoy chatting with nice people (just today I've met amazing Tenno - when we got scammed), but I think that the rate of rude behaviour is increasing and the honorable ones are paying the price - less fun.

Therefore, sadly, I think that the option of safe keyshare mechanic should be implemented:
All players needs to agree on this keyshare, then they put their keys in the common pool, upon agreement the pool locks (similarly to trading). Then: If someone gets disconnected they would be able to join back, if they leave or be unable to join - invested keys will be lost. New players wouldn't be allowed to join, unless remaining players would vote to abandon rest of the keys in the pool - resulting in starting a new keyshare session. Exception to unability to join would be when the player who is missing left intentionally (he would be prompted on the leave) or been disconnected for some time (3 minutes?) - then the rest of players would be able to invite someone else. Using this system would be of course completely optional.
It might even work as a viable alternative to recruitment chat - someone wants to play void mission(s) with random people - gets connected to a group with interest in same mission(s). If he wanted to run only one mission, he'd be prompted on the leave, and players could invite someone - as mentioned above.