Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 discussion thread

TheErebus.

35 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

I should definitely get the first one.

yes. it should be relatively cheaper. make sure you get the prepare to die edition that includes the DLC. you'll get to witness artorias of the abyss. One of the most badass bosses in souls history.

Thinking forward to my 3rd playthrough... I wonder which cosplay of mine shall save the world (finally). Should it be a Lost Abyss Watcher or Alva The Hero?

I just love making screenshots of my armor in cutscenes. It's a little hobby of mine since Dead Space 2.

58 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Thinking forward to my 3rd playthrough... I wonder which cosplay of mine shall save the world (finally). Should it be a Lost Abyss Watcher or Alva The Hero?

I just love making screenshots of my armor in cutscenes. It's a little hobby of mine since Dead Space 2.

I'm currently going for two more armor sets to see if I can finalize my look.

Right now, it's just Abyss watcher armor + Silver Mask.

1 hour ago, Artek94 said:

i'm personally gonna create another set. my playthrough 2 set is the faraam helm, wolf knight armor, havel gauntlets, and morne leggings. looks pretty epic to me.

2nd playthrough progress update:

4 bosses slain in less than 5 hours: Nameless King, Consumed King, Dancer of Boreal Valley, Champion Gyndur,

Made it my honor-bound duty to defeat Nameless King alone (on 1st playthrough had to summon a cooperator). My first few attempts had failed... The bastard is just too fast and FPS is too low, and my Greatlance is not the best choice against bosses... Range advantage is simply useless against them. For a moment i almost turned to Hollowslayer Sword but then my stubbornness got the best of me. But still: i had to adapt.

Which is exactly what i did. With this.

Spoiler

0MGvYEi.jpg

This little beauty right here saved my &#!. And not only because of blocking: with this little guy on my side i could quickly and efficiently poke the boss with my greatlance while holding S#&$ up, instead of long-&#! thrusting animations. It wasn't even for the sake of blocking or anything, but only for that. But i still blocked some damage with it, so that helped too...

Spending all earned souls on titanite chunks. Why they cost so damn much... I have too much stuff on my hands to upgrade.

Also: i went full basic. Like... It's not getting any more basic than this.

p9sHhg8.jpg

Oh yes forgot to mention: Nameless *@##$ almost made me go nuts. He used the same thrusting attack 4 times in a row.

What an a-hole!

Edited by Artek94

5 hours ago, Artek94 said:

2nd playthrough progress update:

4 bosses slain in less than 5 hours: Nameless King, Consumed King, Dancer of Boreal Valley, Champion Gyndur,

Made it my honor-bound duty to defeat Nameless King alone (on 1st playthrough had to summon a cooperator). My first few attempts had failed... The bastard is just too fast and FPS is too low, and my Greatlance is not the best choice against bosses... Range advantage is simply useless against them. For a moment i almost turned to Hollowslayer Sword but then my stubbornness got the best of me. But still: i had to adapt.

Which is exactly what i did. With this.

Hide contents

0MGvYEi.jpg

This little beauty right here saved my &#!. And not only because of blocking: with this little guy on my side i could quickly and efficiently poke the boss with my greatlance while holding S#&$ up, instead of long-&#! thrusting animations. It wasn't even for the sake of blocking or anything, but only for that. But i still blocked some damage with it, so that helped too...

Spending all earned souls on titanite chunks. Why they cost so damn much... I have too much stuff on my hands to upgrade.

Also: i went full basic. Like... It's not getting any more basic than this.

p9sHhg8.jpg

Oh yes forgot to mention: Nameless *@##$ almost made me go nuts. He used the same thrusting attack 4 times in a row.

What an a-hole!

i'm on him on my second playthrough as well. the first phase is pretty simple at this point. it's just his sporadic behavior in the second phase that kills me every time. Like he will some times take a long time to telegraph an attack and others he will use the same attack instantly.

I actually just beat Nameless king solo. i lucked out, he got me with that one lunge move where you get impaled and he raises you in the air to get struck by lightning. i thought i was dead but i survived with like 1 HP and chugged like no tomorrow. then 1 hit and he was in a downed state so i proceeded to riposte him and hit him once while he was getting up and he was dead. i just gotta beat soul of cinder now and respec my character to run a quality gotthard twinsword character in NG++. might need a pyro buff or something though.

14 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I actually just beat Nameless king solo. i lucked out, he got me with that one lunge move where you get impaled and he raises you in the air to get struck by lightning. i thought i was dead but i survived with like 1 HP and chugged like no tomorrow. then 1 hit and he was in a downed state so i proceeded to riposte him and hit him once while he was getting up and he was dead. i just gotta beat soul of cinder now and respec my character to run a quality gotthard twinsword character in NG++. might need a pyro buff or something though.

Btw are people like... Stop leveling up at some point? I know that PvP meta is around 100-120 levels (which i already exceeded). Personally i just want to get all warrior important stats to 40 and all others less important to 10. Which means i'll probably stay below 200 levels but still... It's starting to get lonely according to summon signs. People don't like to be OP huh?

40 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Btw are people like... Stop leveling up at some point? I know that PvP meta is around 100-120 levels (which i already exceeded). Personally i just want to get all warrior important stats to 40 and all others less important to 10. Which means i'll probably stay below 200 levels but still... It's starting to get lonely according to summon signs. People don't like to be OP huh?

yea the PvP meta is around 120. but if you wanna PvP you can throw a summon sign down. i believe that summon signs aren't affected by soul level/memory.

14 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

yea the PvP meta is around 120. but if you wanna PvP you can throw a summon sign down. i believe that summon signs aren't affected by soul level/memory.

Aw... That's actually awesome. So i can help newbies with bosses if i get summoned by one?

level doesn't matter since you will get down scaled to fit the hosts level, and yes you can still be summoned from NG++ to a host with a fresh game and the other way around as long as you have the right level to go up. however the game will still prioritize people closer or withing the same level range, so you will still be able to get summoned, but it will take longer than it would if you were in the right game mode and level range.

59 minutes ago, Ahcruna said:

level doesn't matter since you will get down scaled to fit the hosts level, and yes you can still be summoned from NG++ to a host with a fresh game and the other way around as long as you have the right level to go up. however the game will still prioritize people closer or withing the same level range, so you will still be able to get summoned, but it will take longer than it would if you were in the right game mode and level range.

Oh... That is awesome. Also explains why sometimes when i get summoned i have less HP and less estus flasks. All the better than DkS2 soul memory which basically meant that you can play only with like 5-10% of player base, because everyone else is like 5-10 levels different from you.

EDIT: Also what did you meant by "the right level to go up"? Can't understand that one.

Edited by Artek94

55 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

EDIT: Also what did you meant by "the right level to go up"? Can't understand that one.

Yeah I'm sorry, I have to elaborate a bit on that.

take this with a grain of salt though, but I've heard that there is apparently a level cap from NG --to--> NG(*) something like that, I don't know since I haven't tested it out, but it will just display as failed to summon for the person trying to summon some one with too low a level. (this might just be a bug too since you are supposed to scale to your host)

Though this only applies to some one with a really low level, being on a high level still lets you get summoned by people so don't worry about it.

Edited by Ahcruna