Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 discussion thread

TheErebus.

2 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

i've only gotten that once. ofcourse you get pale tongues if you invade and beat the host regardless of the covenant you're in. Rosaria's fingers is probably the easiest covenant to level up.

Oh interesting, didn't know that.

2 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

Ye. Also, have you noticed that you get pale tongues even if you don't wear the rosarias fingers covenant?

Like any Souls game, you can get all the PvP content within the game even in offline mode, it's just that it's blocked by a grindwall to encourage you to PvP. (guess it's a fail safe in case the online service goes offline in the future)

If you don't feel like invading people there are always spawn points in the game with the enemies that drop those items very close by so that you can farm them by resting at the bonfire.

I still haven't finished the game yet thanks to Rathuum!

[EDIT]
I also just noticed you were all talking about getting them in invasions, sorry about that hahaha.

Edited by Ahcruna

1 hour ago, Ahcruna said:

Like any Souls game, you can get all the PvP content within the game even in offline mode, it's just that it's blocked by a grindwall to encourage you to PvP. (guess it's a fail safe in case the online service goes offline in the future)

If you don't feel like invading people there are always spawn points in the game with the enemies that drop those items very close by so that you can farm them by resting at the bonfire.

[EDIT]
I also just noticed you were all talking about getting them in invasions, sorry about that hahaha.

It really sucks when the covenant you're trying to rank uo (blue sentinels and blades of the dark moon) are essentially impossible because nobody uses way of blue, meaning the only way to rank it up is to farm silver nights with an abysmal drop rate. I think it would have been good if blades of the dark moon were solely tied to anor londor or something. like if you get invaded there you get summoned instead of getting stuck with the short end of the stick cause From messed up.

Edited by LordOfScrugging

1 hour ago, LordOfScrugging said:

It really sucks when the covenant you're trying to rank uo (blue sentinels and blades of the dark moon) are essentially impossible because nobody uses way of blue, meaning the only way to rank it up is to farm silver nights with an abysmal drop rate. I think it would have been good if blades of the dark moon were solely tied to anor londor or something. like if you get invaded there you get summoned instead of getting stuck with the short end of the stick cause From messed up.

It took me two hours to farm 30 with 410 item discovery.

6 hours ago, Ahcruna said:

[EDIT]

Np. I would probably also be busy with the event if I had bothered with it in the first place...

9 hours ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

It took me two hours to farm 30 with 410 item discovery.

currently i need to collect all the item discovery gear i can get. i have the crystal rapier, symbol of avorice, gold serpent ring +1 and a couple gold coins. i swear it's pretty S#&$ty :/ took me hours just to farm the 30 wolf blood sword grass. besides watch dogs of farron and darkmoon i don't really like the offerings of the other covenants.

3 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

currently i need to collect all the item discovery gear i can get. i have the crystal rapier, symbol of avorice, gold serpent ring +1 and a couple gold coins. i swear it's pretty S#&$ty :/ took me hours just to farm the 30 wolf blood sword grass. besides watch dogs of farron and darkmoon i don't really like the offerings of the other covenants.

I used a gold serpent ring +2 instead of a +1.  Also used rusted coins, because gold coins were too valuable (despite having 100+ of them).

Have been able to play Dark Souls 3 on my friend´s PS4 and have had a blast (thou will not be able to play it a lot).

Like you would expect, there have been a lot of struggle.

But the most epic failure I had was when I died against Curse-Rotted Greatwood when the boss had tiny sliver of health left (pretty much only 1 hit required from nearly anything).

ec2234f438cd-600x400.gif

The guy from this gif seems to have experienced something similar. So close yet so far...

6 hours ago, Arcane_Intelligence said:

Have been able to play Dark Souls 3 on my friend´s PS4 and have had a blast (thou will not be able to play it a lot).

Like you would expect, there have been a lot of struggle.

But the most epic failure I had was when I died against Curse-Rotted Greatwood when the boss had tiny sliver of health left (pretty much only 1 hit required from nearly anything).

ec2234f438cd-600x400.gif

The guy from this gif seems to have experienced something similar. So close yet so far...

lol i know exactly what he did wrong. In this area there are enemies that can place these worms that cause that bleed build up. you can see the little particle effect when he dies. if you equip a torch and keep it on hand then switch it to your left hand, the worms get fall off cause they don't like the fire.

4 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

lol i know exactly what he did wrong. In this area there are enemies that can place these worms that cause that bleed build up. you can see the little particle effect when he dies. if you equip a torch and keep it on hand then switch it to your left hand, the worms get fall off cause they don't like the fire.

You can also stun lock them with fire damage

Dark Souls 3.
Well? Nameless King is pretty iffy to kill. So does Soul of Cinder but that's because most of my experience with the game was solo at first playthrough. Can't seem to get the ObscuRING to work in PvP though, people still see me no problem even when i'm standing a good distance from them.

39 minutes ago, Derinkavat said:

Dark Souls 3.
Well? Nameless King is pretty iffy to kill. So does Soul of Cinder but that's because most of my experience with the game was solo at first playthrough. Can't seem to get the ObscuRING to work in PvP though, people still see me no problem even when i'm standing a good distance from them.

Nameless King was pretty hard, though a lightning resist shield really helps. His spear is awesome tho. 

4 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Nameless King was pretty hard, though a lightning resist shield really helps. His spear is awesome tho. 

Hardest boss for me would be Vordt of Boreal Valley. Music tends to be a good distraction.

Edited by Derinkavat

Ey, if you guys finished the game, what ending did you choose?

I chose the 

Spoiler

2nd one I think, by summoning the Firekeeper and letting the go dark. It really touched me when spoke up at the end 'Can you hear my voice, ashen one?' I Think it's the only ending I could accept that she would be happy with. 

I really liked the Fire Keeper. So kawai!

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

I chose the 

Reveal hidden contents

2nd one I think, by summoning the Firekeeper and letting the go dark. It really touched me when spoke up at the end 'Can you hear my voice, ashen one?' I Think it's the only ending I could accept that she would be happy with. 

Chose the same one

5 hours ago, Evanescent said:

I chose the 

Reveal hidden contents

I went the more complicated route my first one, became lord of hollows. i'm debating which version of the fire keeper ending to do for my second run. 

13 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Vordt was so easy lol. the nameless king though, he's a pain in the rear.

He is easy. Just that his track makes me want to listen to it more rather than fighting the actual boss. Same goes for Nameless King and Pontiff.

7 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I went the more complicated route my first one, became lord of hollows. i'm debating which version of the fire keeper ending to do for my second run. 

Please don't stomp on her! D:

The poor thing.