The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn, whats the point.

(PSN)official_79

Saryn is perfectly fine, some QoL changes to Molt and Miasma would be lovely but she does not need more damage.

Saryn excel when there are hordes of enemies, the more there are nearby the more damage she will spread around. So the only problem she will have is when there are few foes around. If anything foes bellow level 60 - 70 foes die to fast for you to maximize Toxin stacking making her tedious to use but once a foe can take a hit or two the amount of toxin that are spread around make almost everything die extremely fast, with the exception of high armored foes but no need to worrie about that until level 150+ mobs are around.

4 minutes ago, YANJIUDING said:

I got half of that in two rounds quick run with random team using Saryn. No Trinity no buffer no corrosive projection. Now try that with excalibro. I think you can get the answer you need by yourself.

I actually did. It was just a regular draco run with zero planning, I just hosted and let 3 others benefit from the carnage

8 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Saryn is perfectly fine, some QoL changes to Molt and Miasma would be lovely but she does not need more damage.

Saryn excel when there are hordes of enemies, the more there are nearby the more damage she will spread around. So the only problem she will have is when there are few foes around. If anything foes bellow level 60 - 70 foes die to fast for you to maximize Toxin stacking making her tedious to use but once a foe can take a hit or two the amount of toxin that are spread around make almost everything die extremely fast, with the exception of high armored foes but no need to worrie about that until level 150+ mobs are around.

But what the damage the enemies are doing? Can she reliably set up while under fire from high level enemies? 

2 minutes ago, YANJIUDING said:

Tied then. "What's the point of using Excalibro if Saryn can do that?"

Because Excalibroham is much simpler to use, at low level its just a button mash and aim in their general direction, on top of that a low energy cost

Edited by (PS4)official_79
Slight grammar error

3 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

Because Excalibroham is much simpler to use, at low level its just a button mash and aim in their general direction, on top of that a low energy cost

And Saryn doesn't even need that general aim, just spore your melt. Whats the point of Calibro if he needs aim?

1 hour ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

I can admit I personally do not know how to use Saryn, I want to learn the insides and outs of this warframe but as of now I don't see the point.

So instead of trying to learn how to play her you come here and complain about how bad she is. I'm not claiming she's perfect or doesn't need some buffs, but it's like I came here and made a thread that Loki sucks because I'm not good at playing him.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

So instead of trying to learn how to play her you come here and complain about how bad she is. I'm not claiming she's perfect or doesn't need some buffs, but it's like I came here and made a thread that Loki sucks because I'm not good at playing him.

Vauban sucks because his Jumppad has limited uses :(

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

If you look at some replies ive made you can see ive been making an effort to learn how to play her. Its actually the reason I made this thread

49 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/273966218656636533/F9EDD9138580CE62200FC216BAD0DB923AB80697/

This build is kinda outdated because since I got Saryn Prime I unlocked the exilus slot and added Power Drift

Is there a reason why you don't use regenerative molt or steel fiber?

Most builds that I see usually have 1 if not both of them.

Saryn has a unique playstyle

She is all about ability comboing, and to a much higher degree than other frames. Excal presses 4 and then hits 2 occasionally for the blind and finisher damage. Nova could literally have no skills other than molecular prime and she'd still be used. 

Saryn on the other hand wants to spread her spores to as many targets as possible, inflicting viral Procs to reduce HP and deal damage over time. Her first ability is her best ability, everything else is there to make it better. 

Her niche is dishing out a lot of damage over time to a lot of enemies, and though it isn't something that you need for Draco or rushing T4 caps for dosh, it is great for long survival runs. 

If you don't like Saryn, that is fair enough, but she is a good frame with a fun kit. 

Saryn . to me at least , was the one frame rework that really did change her abilities completely and in all the right ways. Gone is the Press4towin "gamestyle" (good riddance) but what we got in return was a much more powerful and well rounded frame if you build and work her abilities correctly. Which begs the question.... Whats the point of this thread? 

Saryn is the best. I just wish Spores was called Pandemic and was her 4, Miasma was useful without toxin or viral procs, toxic lash wasn't a thing and we got some goo attack and molt would actually work and enemies would target it.

And even with all of that Saryn is my favorite... so ... =o

1 hour ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

[...] Her damage is trash at high levels. [...]

In my opinion the most important thing Saryn does is spreading Viral procs. Reducing the maximum health of enemies can be very useful for your team even if you're not the person dealing the most damage. However, that is a matter of preference. If you prefer warframes that can produce huge damage numbers instantly then Saryn is probably not the best option. Not because her damage is bad (Spores+Toxic/Gas can be quite good against mobs), but because there are more enjoyable raw damage warframes out there.

It all depends on what you want your warframe to be able to do for you.

Saryn is great IMO. she's the only frame that can half the health of an entire room full of enemies, and while it does take some time to do the Molt/Spore/Miasma combo, it can really pay off. even if that's not your thing, you can always just use Toxic Lash and Molt for a Melee Saryn build, which is awesome fun, carving through mobs with a toxic Nikana prime. nothing stands a chance.

granted, maybe she isn't the greatest of endgame frames, but she's still a fun caster who can get the job done.