Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Confusion

NDarkstar

Question

So I bred a kubrow with TWO of the same print. Female Sunika, silver, grey, and white colors, OMEGA, stripe print. My puppy is MALE, BLUE, white, and grey, size currently unknown, PATCHY skin. I thought the whole point of using two imprints was to get THE SAME KUBROW AS THE PRINTS. Someone please explain to me what's going on. I don't feel like I should keep breeding kubrow if I'm going to get screwed.

Edited by NDarkstar

7 answers to this question

Well, size and sex are random on each breeding.  And if you're looking at the puppy colors trying to figure out what color it's going to be when it's an adult....it doesn't work.  Puppy colors are VERY washed out and don't reflect the end result well at all. You'll have to wait until it grows up to know what color it really is.

(If the fur is an entirely different pattern, go back and look at the parents to make sure you don't have a reskin on them? Reskin doesn't matter for imprint, only the dog's "real" fur pattern)

Edited by Momaw

Momaw is correct. Kubrow pups may look slightly different when matured. But rest assured that if you re-breed the kubrow using the same prints, you will get the same: colors, body type, pattern & breed. 

Gender & height are always random and so, there is no such thing as breeding an OMEGA. 

45 minutes ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

Gender and Size is completely random

Be careful with the term "size" as it is vague in the context of kubrows.  Kubrows have both a height and a body type, the former is not stored in an imprint and thus random every time.  The latter is stored so if you use two imprints with the same body that is what you get 100% of the time.

As others have said, paying a premium for "omega" imprints is a foolish waste of your plat as your resulting kubrow very well might not be an omega.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

As others have said, paying a premium for "omega" imprints is a foolish waste of your plat as your resulting kubrow very well might not be an omega.

Isn't it more beneficial anyways to have the smaller Kubrow (smaller hitbox)?  Or did that get changed from the last guide I read?

9 hours ago, AnonNyx said:

Isn't it more beneficial anyways to have the smaller Kubrow (smaller hitbox)?  Or did that get changed from the last guide I read?

Size of dog seems to have little or no influence on actual survivability, in my experience.