The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Scythe/Scythe combo improvement

Teadude

I was doing the lephantis yesterday and noticed the massive bad &#! scythe that the boss uses. You think a player made version of that scythe would be a good idea? I havn't come up with any stats yet but i'm thinking of more of a status chance high dps weapon. As for the scythe model, i'd like to see a longer handle, so it'd look like the scythes those grim reapers use.

I'd like to see an improvement on the scythe combos, in my opinion. They feel too slow and heavy(?) for me, so after watching some dmc, i'd love to see a scythe combo turn out like this:

Spoiler

Well, excluding the aerial combos, i'd like to see more vertical hits(?) with more hits per swing, and more flow in the combos i.e how he swinged the scythe around multiple times.

Then again, this idea could go horribly wrong, so please leave any feedback and suggestions

You know... If you could play waframe with DMC's combat system... that would be pretty epic (except pvp)...

But yeah, Scythes are curved blades on sticks... why the hell are we swingin 'em like fkn hammers? The scythe stances should be revised, made more fluid, and just more appealing in general. How often do you see someone running with a scythe nowadays?

Just now, LouseFur said:

You know... If you could play waframe with DMC's combat system... that would be pretty epic (except pvp)...

But yeah, Scythes are curved blades on sticks... why the hell are we swingin 'em like fkn hammers? The scythe stances should be revised, made more fluid, and just more appealing in general. How often do you see someone running with a scythe nowadays?

I used to run with the Hate back then. Really impractical and hard to use in combat. Tried to use the anku, same results. Scythes really do need an overhaul, shame because they're really bad &#!

1 minute ago, Teadude said:

I used to run with the Hate back then. Really impractical and hard to use in combat. Tried to use the anku, same results. Scythes really do need an overhaul, shame because they're really bad &#!

Same... I love the visual appeal of the scythes... but they are so lackluster compared to everything else... And don't even get me started on the Anku... it looks cool enough, but in the end... DE made that a fkn PICK not a scythe (stat wise and visual appearance). The anku feels like it only has that radius around the tip of the weapon as the only part which deals damage... and so you have a relatively large area where you only deal damage to everything at the edge of it... (that's how it FEELS, not really that way)

I would love to be able to slash S#&$ with a scythe as much as I love doing it with a Nikana P... or have it look as nice, agile and fluid  as the Ninkondi move set.

2 minutes ago, LouseFur said:

I used to run with the Ether Reaper, it was cool for a bit reaping level 10s with a whirling Doomscythe, but damage falloff means it's collecting dust now. Scythes need to be reworked to be viable past early Jupiter-ish.

1 minute ago, Sh4dowWalker96 said:

I used to run with the Ether Reaper, it was cool for a bit reaping level 10s with a whirling Doomscythe, but damage falloff means it's collecting dust now. Scythes need to be reworked to be viable past early Jupiter-ish.

I remember back then the ether reaper used to be good(?), but with the new combo system, it's taken a toll

2 minutes ago, Teadude said:

I remember back then the ether reaper used to be good(?), but with the new combo system, it's taken a toll

I used to be like you, but then I took a Jat Kittag to the knee...

Now scythes are crippled weapons for crippled warframes. Combo system isn't the problem, scythes are just lacking in general. I want to be able to at least run around, hacking and slashing  and seeing damage, not tickle grineer with a metal feather duster...

scythes need a major overhaul. IIRC, they got a slight buff last update, but they need more attention. better, Quicker combos, more damage and reach, and perhaps a remodel of each one to make them larger and better looking (we all know they're too small to be called "Scythes")

and i would love to see an infested scythe, as long as it looks right, with a large overall size and a crooked, heavily infested blade (preferably the "melted cheese" looking infestation like on the Lesion). it should be a heavily slash based weapon with innate Toxin damage and a long reach.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

and i would love to see an infested scythe, as long as it looks right, with a large overall size and a crooked, heavily infested blade (preferably the "melted cheese" looking infestation like on the Lesion). it should be a heavily slash based weapon with innate Toxin damage and a long reach.

Add a unique passive that makes the handle extend when you score a crit/ proc some effect and it will truly be a one of a kind weapon... Like a ravenous beast that craves the flesh of the living...

43 minutes ago, Teadude said:

I was doing the lephantis yesterday and noticed the massive bad &#! scythe that the boss uses. You think a player made version of that scythe would be a good idea? I havn't come up with any stats yet but i'm thinking of more of a status chance high dps weapon. As for the scythe model, i'd like to see a longer handle, so it'd look like the scythes those grim reapers use.

I'd like to see an improvement on the scythe combos, in my opinion. They feel too slow and heavy(?) for me, so after watching some dmc, i'd love to see a scythe combo turn out like this:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, excluding the aerial combos, i'd like to see more vertical hits(?) with more hits per swing, and more flow in the combos i.e how he swinged the scythe around multiple times.

Then again, this idea could go horribly wrong, so please leave any feedback and suggestions

I see your DMC and Raise you this!

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, LouseFur said:

Add a unique passive that makes the handle extend when you score a crit/ proc some effect and it will truly be a one of a kind weapon... Like a ravenous beast that craves the flesh of the living...

I think the new warframe Wukong has a similar ability like this where his staff grows bigger thus increasing range.

Just now, Teadude said:

I think the new warframe Wukong has a similar ability like this where his staff grows bigger thus increasing range.

Yeah, though that was not the intended idea per say. This is the handle extending... think almost of it as becoming a whip  more than just a long stick?

Also, Mojojojo's power pole gains length based on combo count... the "activation" of this would not be related in any way.

Look at the dmc scythe gameplay... there's a grab move there, that kind of portrays what i'm getting at.

16 minutes ago, Ankoku_no_Hime said:

I have the peppermint skin for Scythes and my god I wish Scythes were viable so I could spam that sweet sweet candy cane whirlwind of death :/

They are viable.

Reaper prime is in fact twice as strong as Broken War.

Edited by ClinkzEastwood