Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Orokin Live - Orokin Moon Sightings and Lore

themarksman10109

Let me just start off first by saying that this is NOT in any way, shape, or form, the definitive lore and future story of Warframe. This is merely the speculation of a lore-crazed player who happens to have a thought worth sharing. Now with the formalities out of the way, lets dive right into the return of the Orokin!

Several months ago, DE aired a DevStream that showcased concept art of the Orokin moon (sorry that I can't provide the exact stream number). While talking about the moon, the Devs began to talk about a concept they had of the Orokin. If i remember correctly, they said something along the lines of....

"We're playing around with the idea that the Orokin reached such a high level of technology and 'artificial divinity'(as I like to call it) that they did not physically interact with the physical world. Instead, a physical form of their conscience roamed around and interacted with the world while their bodies remained in some sort of stasis." 

NOW REMEMBER, THIS IS NOT WHAT DE SAID WORD-FOR-WORD. THIS IS ONLY WHAT I REMEMBER FROM THE STREAM. 

Now lets backtrack to a critical event that occurred within the game's history: The Fall of the Orokin. As described by the stalker in his codex entry and supported by synthesis imprints, the Tenno slaughtered high-ranking Orokin government official during a ceremony in their honor. This next part is pure speculation, but with the Orokin being the intelligent and sophisticated race they were, wouldn't they have some sort of fail safe protocol when the Empire is in critical condition. What if the Orokin had a plan of action where certain citizens or officials where hidden away in the event of existential crisis? 

With the release of U18.5, we received an Orokin Moon tile set expansion, and within this expansion came the appearance of these ghost-like beings that wander the empty halls of the map. Could these "ghosts" be the consciences of the surviving Orokin who were a part of the fail safe protocol? When standing next to these ghosts we can hear whispering, they are seen doing animations where they look like they're interacting with the environment, and to top that all off they only appear in the Orokin Moon.

With all of my speculation and theory crafting aside, let's ask the real questions. Are we witnessing the return of the Orokin? Why would they be showing up now? And if these aren't they Orokin, what are they?

Don't be afraid to leave some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and your theories/opinions below.

Thanks for listening to my rambling, and have a good day!

Edited by themarksman10109

so about the return of the orokin i think of this:

if u follow the story line up to this point we have sentients an enemy that can destroy worlds and would probably all the 3 factions to join and kill them (grineer, corpus and tenno) because we as tenno can fight off 2 or 5 of them but maybe an army? a horde? hunhow? well for hunhow i suggest bringing one or 10 fomorians and all the soldiers we can get to fight the army of sentients fighters (because we all want to see a vor fight by side with salad virus right?) and with that and the orokin waking up we would have even more support because with the orokin by our side we would have amazing technology and access to all their powers and stuff if they are our allies but they probably would as the sentients are some sort of enemy for everyone kinda faction

and as for my reason of the orokin waking up would be probably linked to the moon and the operators because maybe the orokin had already protected the moon not only because of the operators but because maybe they had all of the orokin survivors in there (maybe they are all dead by the moon collapse but still it has a chance) and after the moon got teleported they started to wake up

so as far as we know for the future lore DE will make we have:

• more operator stuff
  • the reveal of the twin queens and possible a full on corpus boss and story rework
  • more sentient lore
  • more moon, lotus and orokin lore

all that and more but that is what i think and DE could change the lore a lil bit and even more stuff to come because before second dream everyone tought that the warframes had people stuck inside them (which still is a possible thing as now the frames can show life sings without the operator) but then we were just lil void kids/teens giving power to the frames because if they can talk to it AND control it then the frame must have life on its own right? because i jsut see the operators as a PART of the warframe mind and control but overall they are just batteries for them to give life AND power because the original objective of the frames were to store the operator raw void power (i might be wrong but thats what i think and know but i might be a lot wrong) so DE could make even more surprises like stalker was the frist operator ever, sentients are orokin minds, lotus could be another tenno and her "body" be just a suit or she is just a mind in a computer but who the F knows what DE will do with the lore they could even go and put space fishy sticks on it

so first yea wall of text but this is what i think in general about the whole second dream/operator lore and a smaller version as i could make and sorry for me bat emglich

The potential for the Orokin attempting to rise again seems possible. Here is the devstream where Mynki gave his ideas for the Orokin:

"I figured they would eventually have gotten so detached from their own humanity, that they would probably have sequestered themselves into sort of impregnable pods, not unlike hibernation pods"

9:23 to 10:53

Based on that description, the projection mentioned in the Synthesis Imprints, and the one on the moons + the beings, i'd say there is a good chance some have survived. They are or would likely utilize Transference tech as well. This could make way for some interesting and unique Orokin enemies/characters.

2 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

The potential for the Orokin attempting to rise again seems possible. Here is the devstream where Mynki gave his ideas for the Orokin:

"I figured they would eventually have gotten so detached from their own humanity, that they would probably have sequestered themselves into sort of impregnable pods, not unlike hibernation pods"

9:23 to 10:53

Based on that description, the projection mentioned in the Synthesis Imprints, and the one on the moons + the beings, i'd say there is a good chance some have survived. They are or would likely utilize Transference tech as well. This could make way for some interesting and unique Orokin enemies/characters.

Thank you so much for finding it. Even though my original theory was off by a significant amount, I still think its possible.

1 minute ago, themarksman10109 said:

Thank you so much for finding it. Even though my original theory was off by a significant amount, I still think its possible.

Your theory was still very very close, I automatically knew what you were referring to due to that. I think we'll see at least one Orokin(Ballas) in U19.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

Your theory was still very very close, I automatically knew what you were referring to due to that. I think we'll see at least one Orokin(Ballas) in U19.

OOOOO what about a vengeful Ballas who wants the Tenno dead because they "took" his lover, Margulis, away from him? that would be cool!!

Just now, themarksman10109 said:

OOOOO what about a vengeful Ballas who wants the Tenno dead because they "took" his lover, Margulis, away from him? that would be cool!!

I would looove to fight him. Imagine if he was also using Transference to control something like the Diplomatic Androids concept art, while using advance Orokin tech to supplement his lack of Void power.

sean-bigham-034.jpg

I thought the same too. I reckon that if any of the Orokin still live, one of them HAS to be executor Ballas, he's used in the Second Dream and came back for Saryn Prime's Trailer; dead guys don't get given that much dialogue unless they're set to make a comeback.

I reckon the slimy Executors probably had a failsafe so that they could live while the rest of the system fell into chaos. either way, I know you're out there somewhere Ballas, and I hope you drop something good when I defeat you!

33 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Whilst it's a conceptual statement, I must admit I find myself just wondering what actual weight the word 'humanity' even has in setting. The Orokin Executors certainly aren't demonstrated as yet to have much concern or regard for humans or non-humas alike (such as Avantus literally condemning everyone besides her and Bilsa in the Eviscerator entry to the Infested). Yet they're aware of it enough to use it as a 'Not human, not worthy of respect/fair treatment' when it pleases them (IE the disdain for the Grineer, Lorists and Tenno respectively). Could play interestingly into some elaboration on New Loka, being the most Neo-Orokin of the Syndicates. Though that's certainly a different topic. Bonus points that the Humanity Sigil has seven spokes...which matches up curiously with the Seven Executors and Seven Principles. Coincidence, or Arc Number? Guess time might tell...

Though I would like to reiterate one of my earlier thoughts that, if true that's how Orokin elites functioned, it puts some interesting significance on Margulis' sentence being Apostasy: If she ended up inventing Transference or the basis there of, for the Tenno just to potentially be part of society, it edges into the Orokin elites' power...which is seemingly both political and religious.

30 minutes ago, themarksman10109 said:

Problem with that is the fact that he was entirely complicit in her execution: "Seven hands raised!" after all, with him being one of the seven Executors and, so far, one of the three explicitly named so far. (Avantus as mentioned above and Tuvul from the Crewman Synthesis entry)

Trying to pin Margulis' fate on them, when they seem to have been practically dumped in stasis pods and left on Lua till that fateful encounter in the Rhino Prime Codex, would be just...petty blame shifting and denying his own responsibility in events. Granted. This probably would be fitting of the Orokin but so far, from what we've had of his actions in the Crewman Entry, I get the distinct feeling that Ballas is playing a very long game. Both the Sentient and the Tenno have had his involvement in their genesis, in a way.

Hell. I'm still unsure why the Orokin didn't just dispose of the Tenno once they'd executed Margulis. I mean, what stopped them? Stopped "What they need to be is destroyed!" Ballas? 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I reckon the slimy Executors probably had a failsafe so that they could live while the rest of the system fell into chaos

It's possible. After all, we just need to look at the Eviscerator Synthesis to see an Executor casually discussing her intentions of re-establishing the Congress of Executors, implying that it's after the Terminus incident (though how much of that is how Stalker recounts it remains to be seen). So either some slipped the net the Tenno made, or they were forced to their real bodies or something, if they are using a technology like Transference.

Which leads to some interesting points, namely that the critical strike against the Orokin elite wasn't perfect. Avantus' survival alone (however short it was) shows that whatever the blow was, it was significant but not a true coup-de-grace as we may have thought before. Which leads to why the Tenno were still active for a time after the fall (Corrupted Ancient Synthesis with the term Betrayer already in use by Dax Menz yet an implied Excalibur saves them), not only as part of the efforts to contain and neutralise the rampant Infestation during the Great Plague (Mire) but perhaps to try and hunt down/confirm the deaths of the Executors and possibly related officials.

One way or another...should the Orokin return it's not going to be pretty. Void Towers, Solar Rails...there's a lot of ways just one would be able to cripple the entire system.

13 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Whilst it's a conceptual statement, I must admit I find myself just wondering what actual weight the word 'humanity' even has in setting. The Orokin Executors certainly aren't demonstrated as yet to have much concern or regard for humans or non-humas alike (such as Avantus literally condemning everyone besides her and Bilsa in the Eviscerator entry to the Infested). Yet they're aware of it enough to use it as a 'Not human, not worthy of respect/fair treatment' when it pleases them (IE the disdain for the Grineer, Lorists and Tenno respectively). Could play interestingly into some elaboration on New Loka, being the most Neo-Orokin of the Syndicates. Though that's certainly a different topic. Bonus points that the Humanity Sigil has seven spokes...which matches up curiously with the Seven Executors and Seven Principles. Coincidence, or Arc Number? Guess time might tell...

Though I would like to reiterate one of my earlier thoughts that, if true that's how Orokin elites functioned, it puts some interesting significance on Margulis' sentence being Apostasy: If she ended up inventing Transference or the basis there of, for the Tenno just to potentially be part of society, it edges into the Orokin elites' power...which is seemingly both political and religious.

Problem with that is the fact that he was entirely complicit in her execution: "Seven hands raised!" after all, with him being one of the seven Executors and, so far, one of the three explicitly named so far. (Avantus as mentioned above and Tuvul from the Crewman Synthesis entry)

Trying to pin Margulis' fate on them, when they seem to have been practically dumped in stasis pods and left on Lua till that fateful encounter in the Rhino Prime Codex, would be just...petty blame shifting and denying his own responsibility in events. Granted. This probably would be fitting of the Orokin but so far, from what we've had of his actions in the Crewman Entry, I get the distinct feeling that Ballas is playing a very long game. Both the Sentient and the Tenno have had his involvement in their genesis, in a way.

Hell. I'm still unsure why the Orokin didn't just dispose of the Tenno once they'd executed Margulis. I mean, what stopped them? Stopped "What they need to be is destroyed!" Ballas? 

It's possible. After all, we just need to look at the Eviscerator Synthesis to see an Executor casually discussing her intentions of re-establishing the Congress of Executors, implying that it's after the Terminus incident (though how much of that is how Stalker recounts it remains to be seen). So either some slipped the net the Tenno made, or they were forced to their real bodies or something, if they are using a technology like Transference.

Which leads to some interesting points, namely that the critical strike against the Orokin elite wasn't perfect. Avantus' survival alone (however short it was) shows that whatever the blow was, it was significant but not a true coup-de-grace as we may have thought before. Which leads to why the Tenno were still active for a time after the fall (Corrupted Ancient Synthesis with the term Betrayer already in use by Dax Menz yet an implied Excalibur saves them), not only as part of the efforts to contain and neutralise the rampant Infestation during the Great Plague (Mire) but perhaps to try and hunt down/confirm the deaths of the Executors and possibly related officials.

One way or another...should the Orokin return it's not going to be pretty. Void Towers, Solar Rails...there's a lot of ways just one would be able to cripple the entire system.

First of all let me just say....this reply.....PURE GENIUS!!!

I totally agree with you on every point you made. However, I do want to clarify my statement about the Tenno "taking away" Margulis from Ballas. Even though Ballas was almost unemotional after the announcement of Margulis' death sentence, I still believe that he feels that the Tenno are responsible. Like you said, his petty blame on the Tenno would be something an Orokin would do, and that was the approach I was going for.

Edited by themarksman10109

4 minutes ago, themarksman10109 said:

First of all let me just say....this reply.....PURE GENIUS!!!

I totally agree with you on every point you made. However, I do want to clarify my statement about the Tenno "taking away" Margulis from Ballas. Even though Ballas was almost unemotional after the announcement of Margulis' death sentence, I still believe that he feels that the Tenno are responsible. Like you said, his petty blame on the Tenno would be something an Orokin would do, and that was the approach I was going for.

It's certainly possible. Whatever Ballas' agenda is, he does strike me as the type to abuse 'obvious motivations' to obscure it. Margulis seems more of an 'excuse' than 'motivation', I guess.

Either way, conjecture at the end of the day. More information is needed, certainly.

Sorry if I'm restating old info here, I kinda TL:DR'd all the other comments. My info might be skewed, since I've only ever seen two of these "Ghosts". But, if you find the music puzzle room (Not in the data vault, the tile that drops a rare container), the two ghosts there seem to be humming (Or whatever it is they do) to the tune of "Cold and Gold" playing in the background. This leads me to believe that not only Orokin high government was safeguarded. It may be that other people were "backed up" as well, maybe some kind of technicians or great artists of the era? Part of me wants this to be true because it makes sense to have the person who built this massive, intricate machine so they will always be around to fix it. I also want it to be true because Cold and Gold is my fav song form warframe ever, and I wanna meet the Orokin genius who composed it XD