Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow Debt - an event done right

(XBOX)Skode

Loving this event - its a week long but theres incentive to keep grinding with the mods in mind, compare this with norm where most meet minimum reward requirements then opt out for rest of the week (the relays we lost because of this...). People are actively partying up and its been easy to find players.

Thats not all though, i feel its been the best event yet for diversity - any planet, any node, any mission type - all featured. Sure MR8 players still look like clueless noobs in spy pubs (less Draco you lot!) but its meant a variety in the grind and alot of fun. Only negative is RNG but then these mods will be back one way or another anyway whilst rest is set - acolyte appearance, mod drop etc. Yeah, im impressed and most important im having fun - near quit after the debacle that was False Profit, what an improvement.

It was horrible.

It was a solo 200+ run grind fest with super low drop rates and all the bad rng components, broken melee units that stagger and then 2 hit kill you and cheap blind\AOE damage.

False profit was a absolute disaster as well, I know not a single person that got Tempo Royal from it in person and I did over 300 runs myself, most of them solo at L100 with Frost.

I enjoyed it after they changed it to show the reward after the mission.  Before that, it was better to go solo and abort the mission if the mod was a duplicate, but afterwards it was better to run it in a team to finish faster.  I don't get how anyone found any of the acolytes "broken". Their aim sucked hard and they wern't dangerous outside of melee.  All of them were easy to CC except for the limbo one who could dispel stuff so Radial Blind, Molecular Prime, Stomp, Freeze, or anything else that could reliably slow them was a death sentence.  However, I do agree the RNG component was frustrating, but it always is in Warframe.

5 minutes ago, PikeOrShield said:

I don't get how anyone found any of the acolytes "broken". Their aim sucked hard and they wern't dangerous outside of melee.  All of them were easy to CC except for the limbo one who could dispel stuff so Radial Blind, Molecular Prime, Stomp, Freeze, or anything else that could reliably slow them was a death sentence.  However, I do agree the RNG component was frustrating, but it always is in Warframe.

I actually did play it legit without CC(since accelerant and fireball did not work) with Ember every single run solo...

Edited by Djego27

I've been enjoying it.

Those complaining about it obviously weren't around for the Cicero Crisis.  I still have scanning PTSD from that event.

1 minute ago, Djego27 said:

I actually did play it legit without CC(since accelerant and fireball did not work) with Ember every single run solo...

I've been running them mostly from my Ember and having no real issues.  Sancti Tigris face shots are working fine.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skode said:

compare this with norm where most meet minimum reward requirements then opt out for rest of the week (the relays we lost because of this...).

Which was absolutely not rigged in terms of the number of lost Relays, of course, what with that strikingly coincidental exact number of relays destroyed to relays remaining across all platforms (notwithstanding which relays got destroyed)...

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skode said:

Loving this event - its a week long but theres incentive to keep grinding with the mods in mind, compare this with norm where most meet minimum reward requirements then opt out for rest of the week (the relays we lost because of this...). People are actively partying up and its been easy to find players.

Thats not all though, i feel its been the best event yet for diversity - any planet, any node, any mission type - all featured. Sure MR8 players still look like clueless noobs in spy pubs (less Draco you lot!) but its meant a variety in the grind and alot of fun. Only negative is RNG but then these mods will be back one way or another anyway whilst rest is set - acolyte appearance, mod drop etc. Yeah, im impressed and most important im having fun - near quit after the debacle that was False Profit, what an improvement.

I agree 100%.  I've said often that it has been the best event so far.

The worst event so far in Warframe, in my opinion, and I have played every single one.

Understand the points about diversity and incentive to continue made by the OP, but this is the only event where I have not been able to get the rewards. Not through lack of trying, or effort, just purely because the event relied upon RNG. Not a single Rare mod dropped for me, I even had to trade for some of the uncommon ones.

I did over 100 runs, most of them after they doubled the droprate for Rares and Uncommons (I presume you guys got that from the start of your event). I preferred even Gradivus to this, at least I could work towards a goal and achieve it, rather than working towards a goal and hoping I achieve it.

Anyway glad someone likes it :)

Most people complain that acolytes are bugged. They aren't. They are all tied to a specific room in the tileset. It could be a main, large room, or a side room. Check them all, console tenno. 

But I think that this is a neat event. True, the grinding can be tedious, but welcome to warframe. If its too much, take a break. I personally got all of Torments nods easily. Those ones are awesome. I feel blessed to get Argon Scope first run. The acolytes feel like something I can have a proper duel with, because Tigris eats anything else.