Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about more realism in Warframe

kazenioware

So i am not giving hope up on this topic :|=)

As i stated before more realism (at least in the tilesets) would be awesome.

Why? Because you started it by choosing our solar system as playground.

Ceres

pia19547-1041b.gif?itok=OHqiJhnsC

pia20358_main.jpg

And that is NOT all there is (of course).

Sources for inspiration and potential stories are only limited to imagination.

The new pics of Pluto.

The Oort cloud.

The Kuiper belt.

This new planet IX.

On 4/20/2016 at 1:57 AM, Plushy said:

Something about the planets and making things more realistic. No idea what it is you're actually suggesting. 

I think the suggestion is that the environments better fit the planet or moon

I'm pretty sure the surface of Venus is not covered in snow no matter how much terraforming happens unless the Orokin are just that good

More detail in the OP is welcome, but gathering the jist of where the OP might be going with this; is tilesets tied closer to their actual, known real-life counterparts in relation to their distance to the Sun.

So not sure how it's labeled for Warframe, but lighting, color of lighting, Horizons, Skylines and so on would have slightly different spectrum, appearance and colors based on the distance from the sun, with greater differences in source lighting, aside from any significant geographical details (which can in turn make localized lighting more important for ambiance and gameplay). Then having any ground / dirt better match the known understanding of their actual surfaces when not on a ship orbiting said celestial body.

For example, distance from the sun-wise, Eris would count as a tenth 'dwarf' planet and therefore have far less sunlight from our sun and depend on far more local sources than a base on one of Jupiter's Moons. Where anything on or near Mercury is gonna be far more bright, going as far as going all Monty Python with any Sun's rays, yelling Run Away!!! looking for any sort of shade or reflection.

2 hours ago, Hayabusa97 said:

I think the suggestion is that the environments better fit the planet or moon

I'm pretty sure the surface of Venus is not covered in snow no matter how much terraforming happens unless the Orokin are just that good

I think the entire point of that tileset is that they terraformed the planet. Earth is a mess of giant trees and vines. The moon has insanely large structures sticking out of it. The Uranus moon with the Sealab tileset has water and sharkfish. 

Its way into the future. The Orokin were clearly good at doing it. 

13 hours ago, Plushy said:

I think the entire point of that tileset is that they terraformed the planet. Earth is a mess of giant trees and vines. The moon has insanely large structures sticking out of it. The Uranus moon with the Sealab tileset has water and sharkfish. 

Its way into the future. The Orokin were clearly good at doing it. 

Still, turning a planet that consists of lava plains, an extremely dense atmosphere, temperatures that can melt lead, Toxic gas, and sulfuric acid rainstorms is kinda pushing it. The Moon and Uranus I can see (Uranus is made up of gasses, ice, rock, and a liquid ice core and the moon is often used in fiction for bases provided they can deal with cold temperatures and lack of an atmosphere). Turning Venus into a land full of snow is kinda iffy to me.

58 minutes ago, Hayabusa97 said:

Still, turning a planet that consists of lava plains, an extremely dense atmosphere, temperatures that can melt lead, Toxic gas, and sulfuric acid rainstorms is kinda pushing it. The Moon and Uranus I can see (Uranus is made up of gasses, ice, rock, and a liquid ice core and the moon is often used in fiction for bases provided they can deal with cold temperatures and lack of an atmosphere). Turning Venus into a land full of snow is kinda iffy to me.

I think making Venus a winter wonderland is a lot easier than putting man-made rings around the moon. That's A LOT of very specific material they need to put those massive structures up and then connect them

Edited by Plushy

On 22.4.2016 at 11:04 PM, Plushy said:

I think making Venus a winter wonderland is a lot easier than putting man-made rings around the moon. That's A LOT of very specific material they need to put those massive structures up and then connect them

Refrigerating a whole planet... boah ey how cool is that!

Maybe the icecube industry has much more potential in the future. Genius (Corpus) way to counteract global warming (selling them to Grineer), i guess.

But as i said once before, i'll say it again: wouldn't it be awesome if the game would more look like the real deal?

Edited by kazenioware

You have to realize this is thousands of years after the Orokins genocide, which may be thousands of years after your and my existence.
I think it is perfectly fair for DE to change how planets look because everything DOES change over time, especially if it has a mysterious amount of thousands of years to do so.
Man, you're going to be really upset when you unlock the moon if you're expecting planetoids to look like they do now.

Would be nice to make more planet surface tilesets. I'm sure Venus covered in geysers and molten lava and volcanoes would be nicer than being just an icy planet (yeah, second planet from sun - closer than overgrown tropical Earth, mind you - is icy).

6 hours ago, Navarchus said:

You have to realize this is thousands of years after the Orokins genocide, which may be thousands of years after your and my existence.
I think it is perfectly fair for DE to change how planets look because everything DOES change over time, especially if it has a mysterious amount of thousands of years to do so.
Man, you're going to be really upset when you unlock the moon if you're expecting planetoids to look like they do now.

That's not entirely accurate. Atmospheric processes and geologic activity are the main drivers of change on terrestrial planetary surfaces. Impact events are a third source of change. A fourth would be humans making artificial changes such as mining, building cities, bases and outposts.

Earth for example, is influenced most by erosion drivin' by the cycles of water and tectonic/volcanic activity, so it would easily see great changes, and is covered in mutated super plants in Warframe.

And right now, the oldest surface in our solar system is Callisto, which is estimated to not have seen many, if any, changes over 4 billion years. So lacking active atmospheric processes or any geologic activity, there would only be impact events and artificial changes possible.

So Earth would certainly change the most over that span of time. But other surfaces would generally see little change if any, aside from human interventions, such as building bases or mining. So if the Orokin were killed off some ~1000 years ago and the Corpus and Grineer are merely scavenging sites since then, it can be argued that many surfaces in the solar system have seen only minor changes.

And the wildest variable for changing surfaces is impacts, such as all of those crashed ship tilesets and any rogue meteors, comets and so on. So having different crater patterns makes sense and adding in derelict ships and bases also works. But in the scope of geologic time, it would be that much change if we are talking about anywhere between ~1000 to 5,000 years into the future for when Warframes are reawakening in the solar system.

As for Gas Giants, they can see changes in their patterns from impacts and they do have atmospheres, like Jupiter:

54d11dbf67534_-_space_weather_02_0311-xl

The band has since reappeared, assumed to have occurred due to changes in the clouds from atmospheric pressure.

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos
Edit: forgot about Gas Giants