Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I love the redeemer, and you probably should to

Joecap111

Question

So, the redeemer. I don't see it a lot (only once or twice in the past month), but it seemed unique with it's built in shotgun shenanigans and strange crafting recipe, not to mention it's Tenno-made, something that I really like in most of my guns. So I made it. And I loved it. It's more flexible than any other melee, the charge shot feels, looks, and sounds great, and high noon (while hard to get) is a great stance that manages to be both insanely useful and undeniably sexy at the same time. This thing CC's like a jat kitty, snipes better than a orthos prime, and hits harder than war with the right mods. And to top it all off, the finisher animation is fast, high damage, and sexy as hell. GO MAKE THIS GUN. You won't regret it.

tl;dr-the redeemer is really cool. Get it.

Edited by Joecap111
Grammars

25 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

In terms of Gungloves, I think you can mimic the effect with Staticor and a Fist/Sparring weapon.

But I do want a GunScythe.

latest?cb=20140622181838

That looks terrible. 

Scythes in general are completely fictitious. Not a bit practical as weapons. 

8 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

That looks terrible. 

We don't even have scythes in this game(besides the Kaszas)

We just have smol pickaxes

Gun scythes, daggers, fists and staves are all cool, But we don't even have a skin for the gunblade we have. I pray to you Baro, bring me prisma redeemer. Please. It would look so cool! and a boost To crit would be amazing. But at least a skin, just for variety's sake.

3 minutes ago, Joecap111 said:

Gun scythes, daggers, fists and staves are all cool, But we don't even have a skin for the gunblade we have. I pray to you Baro, bring me prisma redeemer. Please. It would look so cool! and a boost To crit would be amazing. But at least a skin, just for variety's sake.

Baro already brought a skin. 

8 minutes ago, Icpmcp said:

We don't even have scythes in this game(besides the Kaszas)

We just have smol pickaxes

They are called scythes, they are roughly the right size, but they are shaped nothing like scythes. What we have and actual scythes both look terrible as weapons though. 

4 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Scythes aren't even weapons. It's like if we had Chair as a weapon class.

Weapons like glaives don't return to the thrower in real life. Even boomerangs like Kestrel only return to the thrower if they DON'T strike anything in real-life. And if a chair was introduced in-game as a weapon, there are many people who would craft/buy one, either for Mastery or just for lulz.

Just now, DaftMeat said:

Weapons like glaives don't return to the thrower in real life. Even boomerangs like Kestrel only return to the thrower if they DON'T strike anything in real-life. And if a chair was introduced in-game as a weapon, there are many people who would craft/buy one, either for Mastery or just for lulz.

But boomerangs are weapons, scythes aren't. Neither is accurately depicted in game, that isn't the point. 

6 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

But boomerangs are weapons, scythes aren't. Neither is accurately depicted in game, that isn't the point. 

Either way it doesn't really matter whether scythes are practical or not as this is just a game in the end. So anything is possible.

Including Chair Prime.

5DA02CD4.jpg

1 minute ago, Naith said:

Either way it doesn't really matter whether scythes are practical or not as this is just a game in the end. So anything is possible.

Including Chair Prime.

5DA02CD4.jpg

I think this would be a bit easier to carry around in our loadouts.

s-l300.jpg

13 hours ago, DaftMeat said:

Definitely want more. A  longer but slower saber/rifle version, and a smaller faster punch-dagger version with more pellets/spread but shorter falloff could both still work with the High Noon stance.

Reminds me of the gunblade Claire uses in Final Fantasy XIII-II. Which I would absolutely love a similar weapon in this game. That beautiful blade-firearm is probably my favourite fantasy weapon of all time.

12 hours ago, KinetosImpetus said:

That looks terrible. 

Random question, why is her scarf blowing behind her, her dress flowing in the wind, the shell casing flying to the side, and the snow falling almost straight down? Did someone sleep in during animation class?

1 minute ago, xochild said:

Random question, why is her scarf blowing behind her, her dress flowing in the wind, the shell casing flying to the side, and the snow falling almost straight down? Did someone sleep in during animation class?

He was probably the wrong person to quote about that, but the real answer would be is that Ruby's trailer was thrown together in literally like a day for a demo.

9 minutes ago, AnonNyx said:

I think this would be a bit easier to carry around in our loadouts.

s-l300.jpg

Who cares about easy carrying?! That thing would look badass on our backs. Cernos all over again, but instead Chairnos.

5 minutes ago, THEWULFMAN said:

Clearly an impact based weapon, chairs could make use of the stance mod Righteous Smackdown to ragdoll groups of corpus and get them ready for finishers.

020e04d76e.gif

Going by our current buggy finisher animations, we'd probably be placed a distance from the enemy and instead be smacking the floor with the chair like an angry Gorilla.

32 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

It seems like the point you're trying to make is that "scythes aren't weapons in real life." This thread is discussing new weapon ideas in a science fiction fantasy game.

If you don't like scythe weapons and you don't even like the idea of them in this game, that's your prerogative. Most of the other people here see to be having fun with unrealistic weapon concepts.

1 minute ago, DaftMeat said:

It seems like the point you're trying to make is that "scythes aren't weapons in real life." This thread is discussing new weapon ideas in a science fiction fantasy game.

If you don't like scythe weapons and you don't even like the idea of them in this game, that's your prerogative. Most of the other people here see to be having fun with unrealistic weapon concepts.

Scythes can be weapons though

Battle Scythes are the same but with a 90 degree tilted blade

DSCF3289a.png

Useful but doesn't really look cool

3 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

Me also do not liky edgelord fantasy