Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BANSHEE Build!OMG

BootyOnDuty

Question

12 answers to this question

My build is a tweak of a Savage Fracture Banshee.

WAzGm0a.jpg

It's pretty great, been too lazy to forma to get the Power Drift in the exilus slot, but I'll remedy that eventually. Uses Sonic Fracture coupled with power-strength to blast armor clean off of enemies and Savage Silence with no range buffs for quick stuns and increased finisher damage, if I fancy killing with counter-attack finishers. The Rage is just to throw up silence if I get hit and have no energy, I tried flow on the build but if the going gets tough, there needs to be a way to get energy back, so Rage is better for solo.

This is my build i use for everything and its stats:

Tqc5toF.jpg

qu6tswk.jpg

The reason i went with low duration is because the ability by itself can last longer than needed not to mention sometimes enemies out of range get hit by Resonance Also having long duration on Silence can hurt more than benefit you!

200% strength insure you that your damage is well rewarded, 10x critical multiplier :'D

But in the end mod her however you like! 

This is my main Banshee build at the moment.  It's got a fair few forma in it, so not a beginner's build, but something to consider to aim for. 

It has both the Resonance and Sonic Fracture augments, and relies on Primed Flow and Quick Thinking for tank.   It's sort of an all-round build, leaning heavily on a reasonably hefty Sonar for damage (205% Power Strength gives a 10.7x multiplier) and Silence for protection (Silence should always be up with Banshee IMHO).  With Stretch range (145%) and decent-enough duration from Primed Flow (95%) to compensate for the Duration hit from Fleeting Expertise (which is necessary to counter the Efficiency hit from Blind Rage), so long as you keep moving Silence gives you enough of a breathing space to hit the Sonar spots accurately. 

For heavily clustered mobs, I use Sonic Boom with the Sonic Fracture augment (again with the decent range Stretch allows) which strips armour, and I switch from my Primary Burston (good accuracy and range with high damage burst, but the burst gives a bit of leeway for not quite hitting the sonar spot dead on and still getting an effect), to my secondary Sonicor (which for Void I have with the Viral/Heat combo, seeing as any armour has been stripped with Sonic Boom). 

Zenurik focus to compensate for the lowish (110%) efficiency.

I also have a max-range, high Power Strength Sonar build (with the max Power Strength that max range from Overextended will allow, i.e. all 3 damage mods) for any Draco calls for a Banshee to pair with Equinox, etc.  Super low Efficiency, so requires a Trin on the team.  I can also switch that around to a max-max Power Strength and Stretch-range build for sewer Survivals and pairing with Vauban, etc. I also have a pure massive-area-CC-with-Soundquake-oriented build.  The latter sees little use these days, so I'm playing around more with the Silence/melee combo, but I need to bump up Naramon more to get that going properly.

For a beginner's build, just build her balanced (the "bog standard" mods: Intensify, Continuity, Stretch, Streamline, Redirection, Vitality).

Edited by Omnimorph

10 hours ago, Omnimorph said:

This is my main Banshee build at the moment.  It's got a fair few forma in it, so not a beginner's build, but something to consider to aim for. 

It has both the Resonance and Sonic Fracture augments, and relies on Primed Flow and Quick Thinking for tank.   It's sort of an all-round build, leaning heavily on a reasonably hefty Sonar for damage (205% Power Strength gives a 10.7x multiplier) and Silence for protection (Silence should always be up with Banshee IMHO).  With Stretch range (145%) and decent-enough duration from Primed Flow (95%) to compensate for the Duration hit from Fleeting Expertise (which is necessary to counter the Efficiency hit from Blind Rage), so long as you keep moving Silence gives you enough of a breathing space to hit the Sonar spots accurately. 

For heavily clustered mobs, I use Sonic Boom with the Sonic Fracture augment (again with the decent range Stretch allows) which strips armour, and I switch from my Primary Burston (good accuracy and range with high damage burst, but the burst gives a bit of leeway for not quite hitting the sonar spot dead on and still getting an effect), to my secondary Sonicor (which for Void I have with the Viral/Heat combo, seeing as any armour has been stripped with Sonic Boom). 

Zenurik focus to compensate for the lowish (110%) efficiency.

I also have a max-range, high Power Strength Sonar build (with the max Power Strength that max range from Overextended will allow, i.e. all 3 damage mods) for any Draco calls for a Banshee to pair with Equinox, etc.  Super low Efficiency, so requires a Trin on the team.  I can also switch that around to a max-max Power Strength and Stretch-range build for sewer Survivals and pairing with Vauban, etc. I also have a pure massive-area-CC-with-Soundquake-oriented build.  The latter sees little use these days, so I'm playing around more with the Silence/melee combo, but I need to bump up Naramon more to get that going properly.

For a beginner's build, just build her balanced (the "bog standard" mods: Intensify, Continuity, Stretch, Streamline, Redirection, Vitality).

Man, I must say I really like your build, I would replace fleeting with streamline to improve duration, but I was always using transient + intensify and felt like I didn't had any mod space left, I cant believe I never thought of using blind rage lol

38 minutes ago, zeroth0x said:

Man, I must say I really like your build, I would replace fleeting with streamline to improve duration, but I was always using transient + intensify and felt like I didn't had any mod space left, I cant believe I never thought of using blind rage lol

Yeah Banshee has always been a really tight build.  With the advent of the Drift mods and Zenurik, Blind Rage has become more viable than it used to be, I think (although it was always viable in situations where you could guarantee a trin in a team, but just generally I mean).  The main thing is being able to have both the augments, because both are great.

Increased range Banshee is often a dead Banshee in my experience. It ruins what little CC you get from Silence.

Energy Siphon, Power Drift (Exilus)

Streamline, Intensify, Sonic Fracture, Resonance

(Primed) Flow, Quick Thinking, Vitality, Reflex Guard R4 (or Redirection, or some other survival mod)

21 hours ago, zeroth0x said:

I just tried the build out yesterday, its pretty solid, as expected. Since I already had added an extra V polarity (3 total) I get to swap sonic fracture for intensify in case I want to do that