Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Guide?

-GothKazu-

Question

12 answers to this question

well, you can speed run some missions him her portal, or you can speed up easy endless missions like defense or interception. or you can slow the fight which almost always helps you and your team. or you can go for an antimatter drop and reck enemies 

these are probably the most used and popular 'tactics' of her 

Just now, Kenshin98 said:

well, you can speed run some missions him her portal, or you can speed up easy endless missions like defense or interception. or you can slow the fight which almost always helps you and your team. or you can go for an antimatter drop and reck enemies 

these are probably the most used and popular 'tactics' of her 

That's the basics. I got that. Slowva or Speed Nova. Yeah. But I mean how do I use Antimatter Drop? Is there a best way to use wormhole other than going anywhere you want? Is Molecular Prime capable of being used without Primed Continuity? Like I need like late/end game tips cuz I'm really confused on what I'm doing.

PuGs in Draco are getting mad at me and idk why

8 minutes ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

That's the basics. I got that. Slowva or Speed Nova. Yeah. But I mean how do I use Antimatter Drop? Is there a best way to use wormhole other than going anywhere you want? Is Molecular Prime capable of being used without Primed Continuity? Like I need like late/end game tips cuz I'm really confused on what I'm doing.

PuGs in Draco are getting mad at me and idk why

you use it, shoot it, then aim where you want it to blow, then it blows....just aim it on a group of enemies or high lvl/health enemies and it'll take care of the rest

well...it's a wormhole mate, it's only useful for going some place XD 

and as for M prime......we were using it long before primed continuity....seriously guys, a 20% or 25% increase in duration isn't that much, don't put all your build on it. just use the normal continuity if you don't have the primed version. because all of your duration should come from narrow minded anyway 

33 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

you use it, shoot it, then aim where you want it to blow, then it blows....just aim it on a group of enemies or high lvl/health enemies and it'll take care of the rest

It moves too fast for me to shoot it accurately. What weapons do you recommend?

Novas kinda tricky for late game as shes really such a glass cannon. There are 3 main ways to play as i see it.

(P.s: I wouldn't be overly concerned about draco people. Ive been in matches where ive been raged at for taking a speedva because i was making it to hard for people who just wanted rounds won, and raged at by people for bringing a slowva when they wanted kills. You cant really win).

First, if you doing a defensive mission like draco you'll want to go for a slowva build. Get high strength and continuity. You can loose range if need be. In these cases i would put on a shield mod, as you will be looking to mostly avoid getting shot, but the extra shield will help if you are targeted. Get a ranged weapon, cast Molecular Prime every so often and take advantage of the enemies increased vulnerability. Mostly you'll be supporting, and wont find much call to use any ability other than Molecular Prime. (Speedvas are pretty much the same).

Second, is a more all round build. Don't bother with negative modifiers. Take your additional strength, range, efficiency and continuity mods, a speed mod of choice, health or shield mod, and any other two mods that suit your preference. This build plays with all your abilities, and is useful for faster paced missions like exterminate. Use Null Star whenever necessary, as keeping it on can act both as additional damage, and as an early warning for sneaky enemies. Use Wormhole as travel utility mostly, as you'll have a fairly decent range for it. Antimatter drop is useful when facing a large cluster of enemies. Fire it, then fire at it with your weapon, this will charge its damage significantly (when at max its appearance will change) then guide it into a group of uglies.

The final build is one based more on survivability. Good for longer missions. Your never going to be a true tank, but this can be a good build. Here i put on health, shield and armor mods. Then i put in good strength and efficiency. Keep Null star up, and use antimatter drop as your main nuke. Wormhole will get less use. In this build, MP is best used by throwing yourself into the middle of the enemy before activating. You can then wormhole to safety if needed.

While the first option is the most used for me, the others provide good alternatives.

57 minutes ago, chaotea said:

The final build is one based more on survivability. Good for longer missions. Your never going to be a true tank, but this can be a good build. Here i put on health, shield and armor mods. Then i put in good strength and efficiency. Keep Null star up, and use antimatter drop as your main nuke. Wormhole will get less use. In this build, MP is best used by throwing yourself into the middle of the enemy before activating. You can then wormhole to safety if needed.

I'd rather advise using quick thinking instead of armor mods. Nova has pitiful amount of armor (65) so armor mods are extremely inefficient. quick thinking will get you a chance not to be one shotted.

2 hours ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

I'd suggest weapons with high dmg per shot (shotguns) or beam weapons 

it's not that hard though, when u first cast it, punch some rounds when it's still close

you can slow it's movement when your cursor is aimed at the ball if I remember correctly. If you want more info just visit the wiki 

Edited by Kenshin98

2 hours ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

I'd suggest weapons with dmg per shot (shotguns) or beam weapons 

it's not that hard though, when u first cast it, punch some rounds when it's still close

you can slow it's movement when your cursor is aimed at the ball if I remember correctly. If you want more info just visit the wiki 

Think of it as the cursor "yanking" the path of the ball, with some delay.  It feels a bit clumsy at first, but once you get the hang of it it's actually a fairly leisurely process - because if you have mobs Molecular Primed, they're not going anywhere fast, so you have time to get the path of the ball right.

The ideal type of scenario for practicing with AM drop is when you have the kind of situation like you have in the Void defence, where you've got a mass of mobs coming in from a distance down the long hall.  They're primed, therefore slowed.  Hit Aim (r-mouse), fix your aim on a juicy target in the cluster (e.g. Bombard), hit AM drop, charge it up with your weapon, without having moved the aim reticle at all (note that the ball turns the energy colour of your frame when it's fully charged).  If you've been using an accurate weapon with no recoil and haven't accidentally moved the cursor, the ball won't have jerked around at all, it will still be heading in a bee line for the mob you aimed at.  You have a little bit of leeway to adjust trajectory if the mob you aimed at has moved a bit, but only move the mouse very slightly.

(Actually, it's a little bit reminiscent of the way joystick emulation on a mouse works, if you're familiar with that.)

Edited by Omnimorph

Some general tips if you want to play slow nova (which is the way to go for high level missions):

You want to use MPrime often just for the slow and the damage amplifier (primed targets take double damage, regardless of power strength). Enemies can be slowed by up to 75%, you will reach this cap at 145% power strength.

You can deal a lot of damage with your second ability. It multiplies all damage done to the orb by 4 and deals it to all enemies in an area on impact. Damage multiplier is not affected by power strength and range is NOT affected by power range!

You want to cast your second ability, aim at it (right mouse button) this will slow the orb down and you can shoot at it a few times. You need to get used to it but it really isn't that hard.

To modding: you want exactly 145% power strength. Not more, not less. Most of her abilities do not scale well with power strength if they do at all. You can take intensify and power drift for this, leaving you a lot of space for defensive mods. You don't need range because the second ability does not scale with it. Put in a lot of Duration and efficiency and you are fine.

These are 2 "pro" builds. slowa and standard. Both have QT +P flow (and vitality) for additional layer of protection. Normal version has neutron star if you like that too. Standard nova shouldn't push range too much that is why it's "only" 180ish. There are reasons for that, just trust me. I have low energy version too for sorties btw witout p flow but with aditional 3/5 FE for 170% EFF.

Slowa, 3 Forma, "Standard"

Speed Nova, 3 forma

Ok guys, thanks for all the help. I'm getting a general feel for her:

MP, spam AMD, walk away happy.

I haven't tried anything big like Void or Sortie because I'm still wondering:

How do I effectively use her in solo T4/Sorties? I can't spam MP because energy cost, nor can I spam AMD because energy cost

Edited by GothKazu-EN-