Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova (Prime) build?

-GothKazu-

Question

I don't have Nova P, I've got normal Nova.

My slow build (kinda my general use build too) is:

Continuity

Narrow Minded (2 below max)

Constitution

Fleeting Expertise (R4)

Streamline

Redirection (2 below max)

Transient Fortitude (2 below max)

OR

Intensify + Power Drift

And in the case of using TF, I fill the empty slot with Stretch for (almost) normal wormhole distance, or Flow for reasons.

Redirection and Narrow Minded are at their ranks because cores, no special reason.

I want to know if these choices are okay, what should I change and why the hell Nova P has 3 V slots?

Oh and I have one Forma in my Nova, gave her a D slot, should I add another or add a V to be like Nova P?

7 answers to this question

That's essentially about as standard of a Nova build as you can get, so there's not much I'd change. Many people prefer Vitality over Redirection because it helps with Slash and Toxin procs.

When you get the chance, pick up Primed Continuity from Baro Ki'Teer, and start ranking it up. Even just Rank 6 or 7 is good enough if you're low on Cores.

As for Forma, it's best to add a slot matching the polarity of your most expensive mod (in terms of mod capacity). For Nova, though, you may want to look at a typical speed build and make sure you don't put too many polarities that may conflict.

You are on the right track.

I prefer Intensify and Power Drift over TF. You want as much Duration as possible really, and with the Exilus slot Power Drift is an easy choice in my opinion. I'm guessing you don't have Primed Continuity, that's worth grabbing if you get chance from Baro one day. Also, I just don't recommend Fleeting Expertise, duration is key for Nova. Personally, I run with Natural Talent as well, M Prime animation is a bit lengthy when things get going, can easily die while casting if you don't notice a threat.

My Slow build is Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Constitution, Intensify, Redirection, Streamline, Natural Talent, Vigor, Power Drift in Exilus. If it is a low energy sortie I'll swap Streamline for Fleeting.

The other thing I would say is I run maxed Zenurik, so energy isn't an issue usually, but even so, I wouldn't normally use Fleeting even before Zenurik existed.

Edit: I'll sometimes switch Vigor for Stretch when I want to use Wormhole, but most of the time I don't run Stretch. At high levels you don't get chain reactions from M Prime really, and range has no effect on Anti Matter Drop.

Not mod related, but I'd also recommend a Tigris, preferably Sancti if you can get one. With that you can throw AMD and fully charge it in a double blast.

Edited by Egg_Chen

2 minutes ago, Egg_Chen said:

Also, I just don't recommend Fleeting Expertise, duration is key for Nova. Personally, I run with Natural Talent as well, M Prime animation is a bit lengthy when things get going, can easily die while casting if you don't notice a threat.

Molecular Prime's range and debuff duration is enormous even with Fleeting Expertise. The efficiency is well worth the loss of duration. I'd only remove Fleeting Expertise if you're running a party with reliable energy regeneration (i.e. Trinity) or if you absolutely need the additional duration.

As for Natural Talent, I also feel it isn't necessary. If you are making sure Molecular Prime is up sufficiently enough of the time, nothing's really going to be able to reach you to take you out during your cast. You can also cast in midair, so it's pretty easy to bullet jump up, cast Molecular Prime, and have the animation finish just before you hit the ground, which lets you easily avoid enemy attacks while casting.

That said, I do recommend Intensify and Power Drift instead of Transient Fortitude if you have the Exilus slot enabled with (Primed) Flow in your last slot. You can also replace Vitality or Redirection with Quick Thinking (especially if you are using Zenurik Focus).

11 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Molecular Prime's range and debuff duration is enormous even with Fleeting Expertise. The efficiency is well worth the loss of duration. I'd only remove Fleeting Expertise if you're running a party with reliable energy regeneration (i.e. Trinity) or if you absolutely need the additional duration.

Yeah, do I accept that 89.6m range on M Prime is pretty ridiculous :) I like that though, and being able to lockdown half a map is great. I use Zenurik so it's not an issue for me, but it may be for the OP, agreed.

I also generally agree with your counter point about Natural Talent, but when stuff hits the fan and a teammate does something stupid I like that casting speed buff, it lets me sometimes do brave stupid things in a hairy situation. Natural Talent is one of those mods I use on lots of frames, I'd never call it essential, just one of those QoL mods I make room for.

Definitely personal preference in my build rather than what many would use, just suits me that way.

Edited by Egg_Chen

I think since none of Nova's augments are all that spectacular (although Neutron Star is quite fun, Escape Velocity is just fluff and I've never understood the rationale of the AMD augment, since MP-ed mobs don't fire much), Natural Talent is a great mod to fill the empty slot with.  Having a super-fast MP hit can be a life-saver at times.  It's also aesthetically pleasing because she looks even cuter than she naturally does when she does a quick BAM :)

Intensify + Power Drift is definitely useful on the max-max Duration type of build, but for an all-round build I actually quite like bringing up the Range to 100% with Cunning Drift and taking the Transient Fortitude Duration hit (2 pips short of full).  (Incidentally, I've never found I need much more than Streamline for Efficiency with Nova, especially now with Zenurik).  The explosion radius of MP is not to be sniffed at, and while Range doesn't matter so much when all that matters is the slow (in higher level stuff), for general use, things going poof in chains is funner and more efficient.

233% Duration (I think it is) with just the single TF hit to Duration (with NM + Primed Cont) is enough Duration to cover a Void Defence map if you hit MP just past that circle on the floor.   I do enjoy maxed out Duration in Draco though, it's cool to see the MP "spirals" going out past the actual map :)

Edited by Omnimorph

Not a bad build. If you want more survivability then drop Transient Fortitude for Intensify, use the exilus slot for Power Drift, swap Redirection for Quick Thinking and swap Constitution for Primed Flow. Especially on Nova Prime, that huge energy pool gives great endurance with Quick Thinking. Transient Fortitude is no longer needed on Nova since the drift mods and having no negative Duration from TF pretty much negates needing Constitution.

Most everything was said, just few tips and corrections:

Primed Flow> FE R4, if energy reduction mission swap back FE R4

Quick Thinking: have a "2HP hit" animation, something like when Drahk master attacks u, not necessary to check your stats every 5 sec

Definitly Intensify+ Power drift

I ´m realy glad that apears players which are recommended Natural Talent

Wave expansion: 5 m/s

Your build duration: 14,34 sec

Your wave range: 71,7 m, u can use Scanner, i use Symaris, to check the distance and easilly manage the best place where to spam MP

Most every1 forgot on Primed duration which is, with max duration without FE, 85 sec and make Peacemaker from Nova, in this case your worst enemies are, if not running defence, your teammates with massmurdering frames , spaming MP every 10 sec is realy expensive thx to their arogance

Testing: Energy Conversion mod and Overextended in slow build

Edit: i don ´t recommend Strech in Peacemaker build, because explosion radius

To english teachers, wondered how many of them play this game, this cost me around 1 hr, if it ´s still bad, sorry

Edit II: Animal Instinct will help u find lost enemies

Energy Siphon and/or Zenurik focus will help u to know how much time left on primed enemies just count how much energy u get per sec

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099