Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Refund rate is broken for players who buy weapons and sell them

(XBOX)Zoltan6201

This problem has existed for a long time.  Hopefully DE will address this issue now that the undercover boss project has been ongoing for a while and Scott mentioned changes coming for players being able to sell unusable items.

I just wanted to point out the unfair system which should be changed.

I recently purchased a Mara Detrom from Baro Ki-teer for 400 ducats and 200,000 credits.  I leveled it up and didn't like it. That is not a commentary on the weapon quality, just a personal preference. I sold it because I needed space for the Staticor.  When I sold it, I received 2500 credits.

That does not seem like a fair exchange.  I am not expecting a full or even half refund, but .0125 % seems a bit harsh.

Thank you!

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Zoltan6201 said:

I am not expecting a full or even half refund, but .0125 % seems a bit harsh.

First off, it's 1.25%.

Second, this is fairly standard in the realm of video games. You get used to it after you've played enough games.

Edited by Inarticulate

Lol,

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Zoltan6201 said:

This problem has existed for a long time.  Hopefully DE will address this issue now that the undercover boss project has been ongoing for a while and Scott mentioned changes coming for players being able to sell unusable items.

I just wanted to point out the unfair system which should be changed.

I recently purchased a Mara Detrom from Baro Ki-teer for 400 ducats and 200,000 credits.  I leveled it up and didn't like it. That is not a commentary on the weapon quality, just a personal preference. I sold it because I needed space for the Staticor.  When I sold it, I received 2500 credits.

That does not seem like a fair exchange.  I am not expecting a full or even half refund, but .0125 % seems a bit harsh.

Thank you!

Your not meant to sell them off. Your meant to keep them, and buy new slots. It's called a F2P business plan.

Edited by TheJagji

I don't think it's meant to be a "refund" for your weapon.  I mean, that's like taking back a pair of socks that you've spent a week jogging in and then expecting to get something other than a tax break for donating them.

You've used up the "new weapon smell" by using it, you can't get a refund on something like that. 

9 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I don't think it's meant to be a "refund" for your weapon.  I mean, that's like taking back a pair of socks that you've spent a week jogging in and then expecting to get something other than a tax break for donating them.

You've used up the "new weapon smell" by using it, you can't get a refund on something like that. 

I'm just pointing it out as a questionable calculation.  Personally, I think they should look into it.

It has nothing to do with socks.  A better analogy might be a car that you buy and then resell?

It's not a HUGE deal, but it is curious.