Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra build

Delasire

Question

Hey everybody,

This is the build I currently use for my Supra while playing Vauban, and I'd really like some feedback on it, to understand if something can be changed. I'd also like to know your opinion on the last slot.

It has a ton of Forma on it and probably I'll slap one more on the slot for Entropy Burst. The first four mods are no brainers and shall not be removed. Two 90% elementals for combined damage; I'm not using Rime rounds et similia since I find the status chance increase too low to be worth it. Entropy burst for the huge status chance and the somewhat useful energy gain on the affinity proc. Now, the free slot. I was torn between:
-Fast Hands;
-Guided Ordinance;
- Ammo Mutation;
What would you guys suggest? Personally I don't feel the need to use Fast hands, as with Vauban I can easily find the time to reload the Supra and Guided ordinance is a neat addition but I can't see if it's worth it. Same goes for the ammo mutation. It can be easily replaced by some Team Ammo Restore (I'm a fan of gear items).

So please, give me your suggestions for that bloody last slot and throw in some feedback for the build! Thanks! :)

8 answers to this question

i like Vile Acceleration, but i use my Supra in a pretty nuts fashion, with either +180% RoF or +120% and Entropy Burst.

but since you have Heavy Caliber on there (i'm assuming this gun will only be shooing at Fishballs in Vortex, which then i guess it doesn't matter), you're still hurting for your third Elemental.

Not very fond of heavy caliber on it, the accuracy loss is too great imo I ran it for a while and just ditched it. I think running 3 elementals is fine for damage.

on a not so serious note, I have messed around with a max infected mag and wildfire which gives me a 335 mag size. It fires for 20 seconds straight with just a shred equipped on, very entertaining. :p

2 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Not very fond of heavy caliber on it, the accuracy loss is too great imo I ran it for a while and just ditched it. I think running 3 elementals is fine for damage.

Like taiiat said, mostly I'm unloading my magazines onto poor enemies that can't move due to my Vortex...I tend to use the Supra just with Vauban and the accuracy loss is not a big deal when enemies can't move, tehee!

1 hour ago, Delasire said:

what have I been missing all this time...

*high-fives the air* success, converted another cultist into the Supra cult.

for general usage though, i like something like this:

HcPS2gh.png

ofcourse use whatever Elementals are pertinent to your Enemies or Status preferences.
not having Heavy Caliber means you can shoot pretty good Ranges with it. it's really not as inaccurate as is sometimes suggested - because it isn't a Crit Weapon and it's a Bullet Hose by nature, having most of your shots hit is sufficient. besides, with the groups that you tend to be fighting, a bit of saturation doesn't hurt.

and you could (probably should i guess) use a third 90% Elemental instead.

Edited by taiiat

Damn, I've tried removing HC and adding a third elemental mod, the difference between the builds is barely noticeable...thanks for the suggestions! Now I'll have to decide what build should I use. Thanks again! :)

*high fives the Supra cultists*

Vile Acceleration and Speed Trigger and Shred and actually Terminal Velocity all together, make Supra one of the top "fun guns" in the game, although damage-wise, it's probably better to stick to Serr, Split, Shred, Entropy Burst, 3 x 90% Elementals and Vile Acceleration.  22k burst, 15k sustained dps is pretty respectable.

Terminal Velocity's essentially a wasted slot, though it makes the gun a lot more user-friendly (as does diminishing recoil, or increasing mag), and makes quite a difference to hitting on target and not wasting ammo; but it's difficult to factor in what a difference that would make in practice for sustained dps. 

"Normal" Supra with Split Chamber does waste a ton of bullets, Heavy Caliber added in, even more so, which makes having both those mods turn the Supra into more of a closer range crowd-dispatching weapon, which kind of goes a bit against the concept of an LMG, which is more of a long-distance gun if I'm not mistaken?

Anyway, hell of a fun gun to play with (like the Tetra, with RoF mods it makes an absolutely glorious racket!), and good to know there are other fans.

Edited by Omnimorph