Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primordial Forma (was legendary)

jinxeverything

Bro you still didn't explain this to me:

15 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

1)  There is no way DE would put such a forma out that levels as fast.  I'm guess it was take 8X to 10X the exp to level it to 30.  8X to 10X because a player would have to level it for each polarity and penalty time as well.

Also there's no way DE would put out such penalty unless the gear is super OP, unless you have the will to endure.

12 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Going to void solo to level is a waste of a key.  A player gets no exp.  What bad experience?  Got left in a mission?  Some dude leeched?  It happens.  Big deal.  You're still getting the exp.  Go to the void and invite everyone in your friend list.  Go to recruiting.  Sure, you're going to get a MR4 with crappy weapons.  But they're not there for kills.  They are there so more enemies spawn so you get more exp.

The last time i got randoms with me, i was wasting time reviving, asking them to go for a bit longer until we "may" get that reward, get DC'ed (happens a lot to me) these times when i feel like i wasted a key, but going solo (with the ability to pause the game at will) is never a waste of key, if you got something worthwhile, hey you got something worthwhile if not then oh well.

Just planning

THIS THIS THIS is my problem, nothing goes as i plan, thats why i don't rely on randoms ( I will never say never, but i will try my hardest to avoid).

The point is to remember the goal.  Say you want to level your amprex with 6 formas.  The goal is to level the weapon 7 times as fast as possible.  Soloing for exp is slowing the goal.  Using the weapon when it is level 5 is slowing the goal. (tremendously) Not leveling other items at the same time is wasting exp and slowing other goals.

When i got Saryn prime, i took her to T3 survival with Rage mod in her and Life Strike (prisma skana with Blast element in my melee and came out with her at rank 27, i did die 2 times though XD

I need to do that again.

You really love to dream up these farfetched ideas.

EDIT: also what is this "Faction" you talk about?

Can't be Grineer, Can't be Corpus, Can't be infested and certainly cant be Tenno or Sentients.

All of their lore and origins were explained already.

Anyway

The forma system is flawed and extremely annoying to begin with.

I prefer not to have something to add to the current flawed system.

Would rather see a rework on improving weapons that are maxed out.

One that doesn't involve senseless exp grinding and having it drop to level 0.

Removing Hornet Strike, Serration, Point Blank, and Pressure Point would be a good start.

Frees up a mod slot on something that everyone and EVERYTHING uses.

Then have another way to add the Damage we are now lacking to a weapon.

Reforging? Adding better materials? Adding surplus Parts? Adding Optional Parts? (a barrel that gives damage, for example)

So many better options than our current system. Also, adding a modification that ONLY increases damage isn't really a modification.

Modifications (mods in general) are things that change how the item works, at a fundamental level.

Multishot is a mod, elemental damage is a mod, reload rate is a mod, magazine size is a mod...

just adding damage and making it mandatory to use it, isn't a mod, it's a must have and essential part

Edited by MelancholyMadness
clarification and softening words

1 hour ago, MelancholyMadness said:

You really love to dream up these farfetched ideas.

Warframe was/ were far fetched idea to begin with but DE went with it, saved up enough money and started the project and look where we are now.

This game was far fetched, i bet that what most of publishers would have told DE if they wanted a publisher to publish this game.

Far fetched ideas what DE needs and what keep this game going.

DE if you are reading this, i am sorry for not putting any trust in your dream, sorry for not supporting you from the beginning :'(

EDIT: also what is this "Faction" you talk about?

Can't be Grineer, Can't be Corpus, Can't be infested and certainly cant be Tenno or Sentients.

All of their lore and origins were explained already.

Sentients.

I don't think the Void alone changed them also why did they have this forma with them when Regor opened the tomb?

They must have used at one point of their time and maybe that what led them to evolve into what they are today.

The guy who wrote the lore of this game left the studio :(

Anyway

The forma system is flawed and extremely annoying to begin with.

I prefer not to have something to add to the current flawed system.

Would rather see a rework on improving weapons that are maxed out.

One that doesn't involve senseless exp grinding and having it drop to level 0.

This is the purpose of this P. forma.

Also

Removing Hornet Strike, Serration, Point Blank, and Pressure Point would be a good start.

Frees up a mod slot on something that everyone and EVERYTHING uses.

Then have another way to add the Damage we are now lacking to a weapon.

Reforging? Adding better materials? Adding surplus Parts? Adding Optional Parts? (a barrel that gives damage, for example)

So many better options than our current system. Also, adding a modification that ONLY increases damage isn't really a modification.

Modifications (mods in general) are things that change how the item works, at a fundamental level.

Multishot is a mod, elemental damage is a mod, reload rate is a mod, magazine size is a mod...

just adding damage and making it mandatory to use it, isn't a mod, it's a must have and essential part

DE planing to do that but that going to be hard to do.

Also you are asking DE to completely scrape everything in this game and rebuild it again just to be another MMO or Destiny / Borderlands clone?

No thank you, this game is as unique as it gets and removing these "flaws" will turn it into another generic shooter.

Did you play Dark Sector, BTW? DE won't repeat that mistake again.

Also you don't need 100%-165% damage mods when you run star chart missions, just get the elements right and you are good to go.

You need those damage mods when you plan to stay for a long time "endless" missions.

Edited by Prinny13

On April 25, 2016 at 5:10 PM, Prinny13 said:

Bro....

As in, it auto max the gear again for you once you change the polarity.....

why don't you see my Forma 2.0 suggestion like right above or below this post. Legendary forma shouldn't exist. Such mechanics should already be implemented. There should be progress, but not reset weapon level.

1 minute ago, -BE-VoltageKg said:

why don't you see my Forma 2.0 suggestion like right above or below this post. Legendary forma shouldn't exist. Such mechanics should already be implemented. There should be progress, but not reset weapon level.

I changed the OP, read that please.

23 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Natah questline when Tyl is going around through the tomb he finds some "primordial forma" it's never mentioned again but it'd be cool if it was thrown in game with the lore of being high quality orokin made forma we can't replicate with today's technology.

I assumed that Exilus Adapters were this "primordial forma" since they're similar in function (fit more mods on your warframe) and an Exilus Adapter was recovered from the ruins of the tomb after Tyl Regor mentioned it. That's what I gathered from the quest anyways.

I think that the legendary forma is a bad idea.

Bad because it has no use, you can get and organised squad on draco and go 0-30 in 1 round.

It would be too hard to get because sorties are limited one per day and you have a big chance of not getting it.

I saw the ideas about multypolaritity and it is gud but still not useful. You can put a forma on any other place and than you wont need the multiple build thing colliding.

If it was form sorties and all that jazz I'd make the forma more of a exilus adapter but it would add a slot for any mod with the polarity that you choose and only two of those formas could go on a frame--- You would get it as a blueprint that requires a exilus adapter a agon and 10k cryotic.

Well that is what I think and you can judge.

4 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

I think that the legendary forma is a bad idea.

Bad because it has no use, you can get and organised squad on draco and go 0-30 in 1 round.

It would be too hard to get because sorties are limited one per day and you have a big chance of not getting it.

I saw the ideas about multypolaritity and it is gud but still not useful. You can put a forma on any other place and than you wont need the multiple build thing colliding.

If it was form sorties and all that jazz I'd make the forma more of a exilus adapter but it would add a slot for any mod with the polarity that you choose and only two of those formas could go on a frame--- You would get it as a blueprint that requires a exilus adapter a agon and 10k cryotic.

Well that is what I think and you can judge.

After Star Chart 3.0 goes live, and what we heard is true, then over relying on Draco is just a wet dream.

DE is planing to make most if not all missions randomized, meaning, Draco when you spawn in it may not be Interception, and it may be a Spy, then what?

Having another way to help us change polarity without breaking the system is not that bad.

Also my idea is to use/ take advantage of the already existing system, not trying to "fit" in something "else"

It's fine if you don't agree.

Also unless something get into that game and we begin to use it, take advantage of it, it not necessary bad.

We need to have a field test first!  

Cores are the only reason Sorties are even worth playing except for the first 5 days when that weapon comes out. Also, Formas should not reset your weapon anyways. This P Forma of your idea is literally the "body count" of a bad forma system. Forma are a hassle because of them resetting your mod slots, AND they are a problem of a bad xp system (Draco and loot caves are a problem) BECAUSE of poor enemy scaling for affinity and difficulty.

Basically, Fix enemy scaling and xp and Focus, Draco, Endless missions, Sorties, and Forma will for the most part fix themselves.

Find the root of the problem do not just Band aid it. Literally, all this game does is band aid bad mechanics. Sorties are a band aid for too many event weapons co existing, and Body count is a band aid for a bad combo multiplier/meter system. If we as a community sit down and FIND the root to a large amount of problems and fix it, the game will be so much better. But you cannot just fix Draco, and leave enemy scaling and affinity and forma the same, then we just get Viver 2.0 -_-.

P.S If you get the Viver joke reference you will be thinking "O no not that again". and for the noobies, it is Draco of the prehistoric times of Warframe Rep Grind and xp

Edited by -BE-VoltageKg

7 hours ago, -BE-VoltageKg said:

Sorties are a band aid for too many event weapons co existing,

Oh, is that what you think Sorties are there for?

Ha.

Ha ha ha.

I mean, it has nothing to do with it coming out right after a bunch of people complaining about lack of end-game and challenge in the game, or anything.

I wasn't around when other "hot spots" beside Draco existed and i don't plan on changing the system, i want to "work" around it, that's the plan with this Forma.

Also again, do you want Legendary Core? the answer is yes, Do you need it? the answer is no.

So will you need this Forma? no but will it be nice to have? yes it will.

Excessive amount of this Forma will feel like "enabling" cheat codes or entering a console command and that will ruin the sense of progression this game has.

Sometimes "working" for a "goal" is far more rewarding than just press this or press that and you are done.