Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keep Serration mod and other like it in the game

(PSN)Captain_Bonecold

11 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

I rather keep it. SInce it cost me so many fusion core mods.

Well, they plan to remove it since it's a mandatory mod that takes up space on every single weapon.

They'll compensate it by giving you cores. They did that when they removed stamina mods.

rather keep the mod. And since it on every weapon it useful. Plus they would need to give me all my cores back and all my credits and time work on the dang mod. It a pain to max. Or even close to max. If anything give me my 1mil credits and over 300 core mods back. Or give me 1mil credits and 1 l legendary core.

Edited by (PS4)Captain_Bonecold

whatever takes the place of these mods will also become mandatory so removing them is truly redundant.  you will always want to have the optimal build for your loadouts.. for those who wants something different than using these mods then the Rathuun mods will give you that which you hunger, how well will they perform >. op/ weaksauce only the coming days will tell..

you already have side mods from augments and syndicates and exilus playing around with which you can test by themselves to verify their existence and so far from my personal testing they aren't worth it.

and to clear it up for the simple minded>> you have a choice to not use these mods surely youll find the level of contents within the star chart where they'll fit in for your liking. hows that for your diversity? its the same with frames you have mods to enhance your abilities but also side mods for low level fun stuff like the parkour mods you have choices. I only hope DE doesn't make the game stagnant with these one way modding system they are now gradually releasing sure would make the game more tedious and boring than it already is.

as for removing stamina mods and changing how blocking worked, ask yourself this < have that improved your melee style of playing and do you always channel to take less incoming damage?? I will occasionally block ( not as how I used to with stamina) but I sure as hell not gonna waste energy  while using this bad feature where energy is better used for my frames and companions survival in long endless runs.

Edited by ranks21

I'm glad that they're going to address it. It and multishot mods. It is stupid, we get 8 slots, but in reality we get 6 because of those two mods. Not to mention you can't add anything more (of substance) without kicking in a forma, unless the weapon comes with an innate V slot. As they are now, they are the bane of customization. Scrap Serration type mods and buff weapons accordingly or give those mods a substantial drawback, one that would make people question whether or not they should add it.

27 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

So they are scrapping prime point blank without giving my legendary core back?

No, you'll be compensated. I imagine that they're either going to give you the equivalent number of R5 cores or just give a legendary core.

Every rank on a mod requires a certain amount of fusion power, each fusion core has a certain amount of fusion energy. Because of this they can just run a conversion program and add a few R5 cores to make up for the fact that you actually bought the mod in the first place.

I am still confused why you are asking DE to keep the mandatory mod slot with a straight face. You will see no significant difference in game play at all and you will have a free mod slot that you had to use for serration but now can use for magazine size or something without ruining your build or making a pure "for fun" build. (like a max ammo dex furis which does no damage but fires forever) 

6 hours ago, ranks21 said:

whatever takes the place of these mods will also become mandatory so removing them is truly redundant

Nothing is replacing them, they're going to be rolled into your weapons.

For example, we take a rifle that does 100 damage, and apply the patch that removes Serration from the game.  Now that rifle, while unranked, will deal 115 damage, and will pick up an additional 5 damage every time you gain a new affinity rank, to a max damage of 265 damage (100 base damage +165%).

Or something.  The devs are playing this close to the vest so we don't know the details beyond that your weapon will A)grow in power as it levels, and B) will be just as powerful as it is now.

All in all, this lets you free up a mod slot to add something else to the mix, like increased clip size or reload speed or what ever else you want.

that is already under the hood of the weapons the mods are mere amplification of the weapons  and removing them will only put players back to where the system is already at.  tes the weapom reaches its full power then what  youll be modding the same corrosive or whatever the way you are doing now only it will be that these mods are now mandatory taking the place of what was taken out because youll still want to have that power but the diversity will be gone from this. plus if you think this will be better you can check out the different variety of weapons with just elemental mods and no power mods or multishot mods<<< remember when you first started to play this game and all you had was a few mods on your first set of weapons no real power to the weapons and they were maxed? well this will be no different even when its baked in and quite frankly it will be a lot of unnecessary work for the devs when there are far more important things in the game to take care of.

there will be so much players not liking  their underpowered gears being more underpowered and oh gosh the new players will suffer greatly if this happens because they wont have the mod strength for a long time as the game gets increasingly difficult while RNG keeps the necessary mods away from them.. I for one likes my build diversity whether I want to go full power  or all status  or slap on a multishot or play with speed or all of the above the choice should remain in my hands not forced down my throat and killing what I love about this game  because some COD and BF type of players now comes around and wants to make it like those games which I totally stay away from because they lack diversity and you play one you play all because they have the same mechanics with all their weapons... truly I hope the devs just totally scrap the idea of removing these mods and keep warframe's uniqueness thriving.

1 hour ago, UltimateGrr said:

Nothing is replacing them, they're going to be rolled into your weapons.

For example, we take a rifle that does 100 damage, and apply the patch that removes Serration from the game.  Now that rifle, while unranked, will deal 115 damage, and will pick up an additional 5 damage every time you gain a new affinity rank, to a max damage of 265 damage (100 base damage +165%).

Or something.  The devs are playing this close to the vest so we don't know the details beyond that your weapon will A)grow in power as it levels, and B) will be just as powerful as it is now.

All in all, this lets you free up a mod slot to add something else to the mix, like increased clip size or reload speed or what ever else you want.

What he meant is that, even if Serration gone, unless the slot will be locked to utility mods, people would still choose another damage mods. Because stats progression for weapons is measured by how much damage you make. Serration needs to be gone, but without proper change to the way we mod, it will be just shifting problem.

20 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

So they are scrapping prime point blank without giving my legendary core back?

19 hours ago, ranks21 said:

whatever takes the place of these mods will also become mandatory so removing them is truly redundant. 

12 hours ago, ranks21 said:

that is already under the hood of the weapons the mods are mere amplification of the weapons  and removing them will only put players back to where the system is already at. 

11 hours ago, Rekkou said:

What he meant is that, even if Serration gone, unless the slot will be locked to utility mods, people would still choose another damage mods.

Without seeing what DE is planning, all these assumptions are baseless. Conjecture is not a good counter-argument.

18 minutes ago, alexmach1 said:

Without seeing what DE is planning, all these assumptions are baseless. Conjecture is not a good counter-argument.

It's still a possible scenario that shouldn't be overlooked, especially in planning stage.

4 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

It's still a possible scenario that shouldn't be overlooked, especially in planning stage.

There are many possible scenarios that could happen, but that doesn't mean they will happen. It's one thing to suggest "this might happen", but it is entirely dishonest to say "this WILL happen". If you or anyone feels that this could or would cause problems, then instead of saying "don't do it because it WILL break the game" or "they won't do X so they shouldn't do Y" give suggestions and actual feedback. Not removing Serration and other damage mods is not the only solution.

Edited by alexmach1

Just now, alexmach1 said:

There are many possible scenarios that could happen, but that doesn't mean they will happen. It's one thing to suggest "this might happen", but it is entirely dishonest to say "this WILL happen". If you or anyone feels that this could or would cause problems, then instead of saying "don't do it because it WILL break the game" give suggestions and actual feedback. Not removing Serration and other damage mods is not the only solution.

Giving a warning of potential problem and failure is valid form of feedback. "Will" is just an emphasize so they think about it more carefully, sugar coating your words with "might" only make them took the warning less seriously.

16 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

Giving a warning of potential problem and failure is valid form of feedback. "Will" is just an emphasize so they think about it more carefully, sugar coating your words with "might" only make them took the warning less seriously.

It's dishonesty. You're fabricating an issue and using that as an illegitimate argument to take no action whatsoever. If you propose a solution to your fabricated issue then that would be feedback, but instead its being used to justify doing nothing at all for something that can objectively be improved.

Edited by alexmach1

It's dishonesty. You're fabricating an issue and using that as an illegitimate argument to take no action whatsoever.

And what your doing is naivety, thinking anything will be successful and using that as an illegitimate argument to take no precaution whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

And what your doing is naivety, thinking anything will be successful and using that as an illegitimate argument to take no precaution whatsoever.

Quote me where I said it will be successful, and quote me where I said "no precaution should be taken". I never even implied it would be, but thanks for the disparaging comment. I'm simply saying that creating a problem out of thin air, treating it as the truth, and then saying that no action should be taken because of this fabrication is a terrible way to provide feedback.

Edited by alexmach1

Quote me where I said it will be successful. I never even implied it would be, but thanks for the disparaging comment. I'm simply saying that creating a problem out of thin air, treating it as the truth, and then saying that no action should be taken because of this fabrication is a terrible way to provide feedback.

And quote me where i said "no action should be taken". And again, it's a warning, not an effort to prevent something, but an effort so people took extra cautions and thoughts. It's a better form of feedback than meta feedback, where you make irrelevant feedback just because a feedback offends your way of doing feedback.

So you put words in my mouth and used that to insult me. Is the irony palpable?

2 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

And quote me where i said "no action should be taken".

"You're" encompasses those that have.

2 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

And again, it's a warning, not an effort to prevent something, but an effort so people took extra cautions and thoughts.

I suppose that it's better than nothing but that's not really saying much. 

28 minutes ago, alexmach1 said:

If you propose a solution to your fabricated issue then that would be feedback, but instead its being used to justify doing nothing at all for something that can objectively be improved.

You shouldn't edited that post, because i actually did make a feedback

12 hours ago, Rekkou said:

What he meant is that, even if Serration gone, unless the slot will be locked to utility mods, people would still choose another damage mods. Because stats progression for weapons is measured by how much damage you make. Serration needs to be gone, but without proper change to the way we mod, it will be just shifting problem.

5 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

You shouldn't edited that post, because i actually did make a feedback

I'll try to address most of this in a new thread, but I think damage mods should not exist period. Things like improved damage and crit will always be objectively better than other mods, but nothing short of a complete damage rework would be able to fix the issue of mandatory mods, where percent chances are removed.