Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Operation: Cornucopia] Fixing The Farming - Masterthread.

Ced23Ric

Hey there,

currently, we are experiencing a shift in frustration. But, before I dive into problems, I would like to point out that two important aspects of frustrating gameplay have been addressed and reworked to dampen their impact.

• The Void is no longer (effectively) cash-gated and can be entered by all, via Defense rewards.
  • Mods can be dedicatedly farmed for, thanks to faction specific drop tables in defense missions.

(ref.link: Imgur, datamined values)

That takes a huge cut out of the grind, because where it was unfocused, it can be directed towards a goal, and where it wasn't an option before (Voidkeys) it now is one. Thanks for that. But this isn't everything. Currently, we are experiencing multiple famines and oversaturations at the same time.

• No potatoes or anything substantial, safe for those Vauban and Glaive BPs.
  • A lot of credit alerts, most below 3000, the majority at 2000, which are mostly ignored.
  • A lot of faction resources (mutagen, detonite, fieldtron).
  • A lot of common resources (ferrite, salvage, rubedo, alloy plate) (amended) but also, a huge demand of those.
  • A good chunk of uncommon resources (plastids, polymer bundles, circuits) (amended) and still, a huge demand of these.
  • Very few rare resources (neurodes, neural sensors, control modules, morphics, gallium, orokin cells)

So, the question is: how do we get the rare resources to drop more reliably with making it to easy? Simple upping the drop chances aren't the solution, that would impact the entire loot world. Here are four proposals to address the issue:

For the sake of splintering, please put individual discussions on the four approaches into their respective threads. If you want to contribute to the thing as a whole, leave comments in here.

Why the splintering? Give each thought a thread, so feedback and discussions of one topic don't affect the other.

What about other ideas? Let's hear them. I'd be glad to add to the list there, for a unified solution document for DE.

Ready? Go.

Anyway to vote for all of them? All the suggestions sound good to me. I am glad to see I can now farm specifically for my split chamber now though. Eventually I know I will get one now... I just need two.

As far the loot tables, what counts as a medium or high level planet? I know Mercury is probably low, and pluto is high, but not sure when low turns to medium and medium to high. For example, whats the lowest level you can farm for high level planets... Sedna? Ceres? Eris?

i vote for all 4 !

Anyway to vote for all of them?

Not a voting poll, gentletenno. Those are not supposed to be exclusive approaches, but concurrent solutions. Ideally, I would like to see all of these implemented. Instead of just "making it easier to farm", this would add more content and activities to the game and move away from RNG towards a more predictable, and thusly, rewarding game.

PS: Unmog, you are looking for level 30++ @ wave 5 for Tier III.

[size=2]Grineer - Varro/Ceres[/size]

[size=2]Corpus - Narccissus/Pluto[/size]

[size=2]Infested - Xini/Eris[/size]

Make bosses a guaranteed drop for their system's rare resource. Give them an additional chance to drop another can that could be a clan resource, and keep their chance to drop an Orokin Cell. Nobody wants to spend days or weeks farming a boss for blueprints, then spend a few more hours/days trying to get one Neural Sensor to drop from Golem.

All 4 ideas is great. Especially i like about secret storage rooms(cause i like searching for secrets), and acquisition missions, cause it really makes sence, mb just this missions must be really hard, imo, to make some sort of balance.

Remember Diablo? You'd kill a boss and all kinds of awesome stuff would drop. It's very anti-climatic having a common mod drop with nothing else. I'd really like to see them explode in a small shower of "stuff". That would make all of this a bit more fun.

The bigger issue bigger than any of that is .... what are we farming for? There remains no objective.

I agree with you, but this is outside the scope of this thread. For now, I am merely addressing the scarcity of rare resources and the frustrating unreliability of sources for these.

just this missions must be really hard, imo, to make some sort of balance.

If you click on the link, you will find a mission sequence proposal that may or may not be to your liking.

I'm on the fence about resource alerts for rare mats but I would definitely like to see some for the uncommons and commons. You might need alloy plate to finish your weapon but as a member of a small clan I can faithfully say that I'll never run out of alloy plate even if I paid for every single reactor myself. Farming the circuits and poly bundles nets me more alloy plate than either of the other 2. The rare mats are not even remotely an issue because you can get them while looking for other mats that you need. Those in big clans likely have different issues though.

Edited by Excitonex

The rare mats are not even remotely an issue because you can get them while looking for other mats that you need.

That is the problem. You don't get them, currently. Drop rates for rare mats have been lowered considerably, to make room for faction mats, and even bosses rarely drop them anymore. For example, out of 10 boss runs, I received 1 Control Module and 2 Morphics. 2 of those from lockers.

My personal tally of required rare mats looks (but not limited to) as follows:

• Control Module: 18
  • Morphics: 39
  • Neurodes: 17
  • Neural Sensors: 11
  • Orokin Cells: 24
  • Gallium: 8

Currently, there is no way to get these without tremendous, life-sucking grind.

That is the problem. You don't get them, currently. Drop rates for rare mats have been lowered considerably, to make room for faction mats, and even bosses rarely drop them anymore. For example, out of 10 boss runs, I received 1 Control Module and 2 Morphics. 2 of those from lockers.

Much like all resources. I'm not saying they're easy to get. I'm saying they're no harder than the number of other resources you're required to gather. I don't want to see resource alerts for rare mats alone because it would only solve part of the problem.

Much like all resources. I'm not saying they're easy to get. I'm saying they're no harder than the number of other resources you're required to gather. I don't want to see resource alerts for rare mats alone because it would only solve part of the problem.

While I don't want to simply dismiss your stance, and while I do agree that resource alerts are valid just as much for common / uncommon resources, hear me out here: If I want Ferrite, say, 5000, I am looking at 5 - 10 runs of M-Prime. That number has a "low" and "high", and I can actively work towards it. I will get my 5000 Ferrite in those runs. If I want 5 Morphics, I can run, say, Captain Vor for 15, 20, 25 runs and still not get it. That is where the crux lies buried, where I am asking for relief. I will get the Ferrite accidentially, haphazardly trying to the get the Morphics. Not the other way around.

As this is just one of the four approaches to that issue, please refer to those aswell. As a part of a campaign, it may make more sense to you.

I find lots of morphics farming ferrite. Earlier you posted your rare mats, allow me to post my current material numbers and maybe you'll see why I want common and uncommon resources in alerts as frequently, if not more frequently, than rare resources.

15 Control module

12 Gallium

35 Morphics

44 Neural Sensors

24 Neurodes

19 Orokin Cells

Compared to my uncommon/commons

13740 Alloy Plate

103 Ferrite

44464 Nano Spores

12586 Plastids

5263 Rubedo

393 Salvage

My clan just started prova research today and as you can see, rare resources are not in short supply. It seems to me that the people who only need the rare resources joined mega-clan and so don't feel the burn as much for the commons and uncommons. Maybe I'm mistaken and I happen to find a larger than average number while farming the other resources I need? Either way, if resource alerts are to be introduced it should be for all resource types, not just rare.

[numbers]

Did you reset or join since the introduction of U8? Because if not, materials carried over from previous iterations of the game are not exactly applicable for the sake of an argument. The acquisition of 15 Control Modules alone can take over 60 runs of the Hyena.

Did you reset or join since the introduction of U8? Because if not, materials carried over from previous iterations of the game are not exactly applicable for the sake of an argument. The acquisition of 15 Control Modules alone can take over 60 runs of the Hyena.

Agree to that.  Pre U8, i got about 7 control modules just farming for the Loki Blueprints.  I'm not a rusher either, I open the crates, kill the enemies, etc.  I got fairly lucky and got all of the parts in about 20 runs.  7 out of 20 isn't bad, actually fairly good for a rare resource.  But given the time investment for each of those runs, and post U8 needs, we need one or all of these suggestions.

Being here since U7, I definitely noticed the differences in drop rates. I'd say for rares the drops seem like they happen much less, at least 50% of what they used to be. And all four ideas are interesting I think, thus I support all four. Id be interested to see which ones DE are willing to look at though.

"So, the question is: how do we get the rare resources to drop more reliably with making it to easy?"

Do you find the typo?

Too funny how you said "with making it to easy" instead without.

Guess your mind spoke before your hands did.

What I'm saying is it's pretty easy to get any of the materials, even the hardest ones. You just have to do a few boss runs, just as people raid bosses in other games.

Or do you want an alert to give you like 5 orokin cells every other evening, lol. That would be very easy.

What I agree with is the tater famine but I guess they're the biggest moneymaker for DE atm.

Edited by scavenge

What I'm saying is it's pretty easy to get any of the materials, even the hardest ones. You just have to do a few boss runs, just as people raid bosses in other games.

By all means, don't compare the necessities of someone who played for a long(er) time with some who reset or started at U8. And that is what we have to look at when providing feedback. Someone sitting on the coffers of pre-U8 or someone who has a lot of gear and only needs 1 Morphics, for example, to build the newest weapon, for those people, the current state is barely noticeable. Other people, who need similar amounts to what I posted there, are looking down a path to insanity.

Or do you want an alert to give you like 5 orokin cells every other evening, lol. That would be very easy.

What I agree with is the tater famine but I guess they're the biggest moneymaker for DE atm.

The difference is: even if the boss in the raid doesn't drop exactly what you want, you still get a rare item. However, in Warframe, you get this piece of material you can get off any old container. There is NO sense of satisfaction from that, just promotes frustration.

Spoke the words for me CloudPies. :p I was about to stand up for Ced too. But thats exactly how I feel, everything shouldn't drop everything, and there should be different rewards for doing different things. Bosses shouldnt drop common stuff at the very least, I can pick up ferrite and nano spores from any mob. Bosses should drop boss loot, even if they dont do it every time it should be higher than what it is.I shouldnt have to run a mission 10 times [seems to be the average] to get one neurode, especially when tons of stuff takes 2. Its just "too" much a grind. I understand they want us to farm to slow down content downtake, but when it becomes nothing but a grind they'll lose more players than they keep.