Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is despair essentially useless?

(PSN)satsukixpenny

Question

I finally fought the stalker but it seems there is no use for the goodie I got from him. I looked up the stats and Spira prime is a lot better with the critical chance. I tend to only use throwing shurikens and bows to match my play style. I have Hikou prime right now but wanted to test other throwers. 

If despair isn't useless, do I build it towards just elemental with no explosives?

6 answers to this question

I love my Despair, they're my go-to stealth weapons. They may not have great Crit or Status, but they have good damage and speed and reload.

Spira/Spira Prime are great for Crit, but they travel slower, seem to have more of a curved arc, and the second throw always seems to fall a little under your targeting reticle compared to the first throw.

I run Corrosive/Heat, with Concealed Explosives only for non-stealth missions.

Edited by DaftMeat

I am not at my computer right now but I know have mine built with multi-shot and corrosive. They are almost as good (maybe as good) at taking out nullifier bubbles as Hikou Prime. I use mine with lethal torrent and barrel diffusion to increase the status chance...which actually procs quite often...I'd say more than is indicated by the stats.

19 minutes ago, Joel_The_Jackle said:

I am not at my computer right now but I know have mine built with multi-shot and corrosive. They are almost as good (maybe as good) at taking out nullifier bubbles as Hikou Prime. I use mine with lethal torrent and barrel diffusion to increase the status chance...which actually procs quite often...I'd say more than is indicated by the stats.

IIRC, Hikou Prime has overall better DPS since it has higher fire speed, but Despair isn't far behind with better ammo consumption. With Hikou I'd run out of ammo a lot. It rarely happens with Despair.

4 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Spira prime is inaccurate as S#&$, despair ftw due to flight speed and accuracy. 

This is what makes me stay away from the Spira, the aiming is so ridiculously random that it complete negates any statistical benefit over other throwing knives.